The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post subject: Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy
PostPosted: Sat February 20, 2021 10:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy is a six-part CNN Original Series that follows Academy Award nominee Stanley Tucci as he travels across Italy to discover the secrets and delights of the country’s regional cuisines. Follow along as Tucci explores how Italian cooking offers a glimpse into the country’s rich history and culture.

https://cnncreativemarketing.com/project/tucci/

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

Post subject: Re: Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy
PostPosted: Sat February 20, 2021 10:49 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

PostPosted: Sat February 20, 2021 10:50 pm 
Poster of the Year

need a green circle

PostPosted: Sat February 20, 2021 10:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I watched the Napoli and Tuscany episodes. I like this. Obviously, Anthony Bourdain is a complex act to follow. Tucci is reserved, more conventional - but he's not trying to be the new Bourdain - he's not trying to upstage him. He's his own man. He has his own story. It's not as heavy as a hit as Bourdain, but it has a welcome place in the food travel genre. And in the Covid pandemic environment where so little travel is possible, it's a welcome escape to a happier and more open planet earth.

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat February 20, 2021 10:52 pm 

Norris wrote:
need a green circle

wow, I kinda can't believe how badly I messed this one up

PostPosted: Sat February 20, 2021 10:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

this dude is a beast - the medley of bistecca fiorentina on his grill looked amazing

PostPosted: Sat February 20, 2021 11:44 pm 
The Master

96583UP wrote:
I watched the Napoli and Tuscany episodes. I like this. Obviously, Anthony Bourdain is a complex act to follow. Tucci is reserved, more conventional - but he's not trying to be the new Bourdain - he's not trying to upstage him. He's his own man. He has his own story. It's not as heavy as a hit as Bourdain, but it has a welcome place in the food travel genre. And in the Covid pandemic environment where so little travel is possible, it's a welcome escape to a happier and more open planet earth.

I enjoy this one too. He’s laid back and lets the food and people behind them shine.

PostPosted: Sun February 21, 2021 7:01 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

the first one was good..looking forward to tonights episode..nothing ground breaking but i can watch these type of shows all day if the host is a right fit..

we used to see him a lot at our local grocery store in the upper west side of NYC

PostPosted: Sun February 21, 2021 11:42 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

looks like Rome up tonight

i may need to have pasta at the ready

PostPosted: Sun February 21, 2021 11:55 pm 

doug rr wrote:
the first one was good..looking forward to tonights episode..nothing ground breaking but i can watch these type of shows all day if the host is a right fit..

we used to see him a lot at our local grocery store in the upper west side of NYC

Did he often seem to be lost, searching for the Italian foods aisle?

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2021 3:13 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Nah he was more walking through delicious restaurants and neighborhoods and talking to interesting people

i just ate so much pasta and i had already had dinner

maybe my first post- Covid trip will be to Italy and I'll just eat food and drink wine for a few weeks

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2021 2:50 pm 
The Master

I love italy so goddamn much. I can't wait to watch this.

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2021 3:02 pm 
The Master

96583UP wrote:
Nah he was more walking through delicious restaurants and neighborhoods and talking to interesting people

i just ate so much pasta and i had already had dinner

maybe my first post- Covid trip will be to Italy and I'll just eat food and drink wine for a few weeks

don't forget to pray, and love.

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2021 3:24 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The Argonaut wrote:
doug rr wrote:

never...I always saw him at citarella...man do i miss that place..anyway, last night episode in Rome was good..need some cacio e pepe this week

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2021 4:08 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
doug rr wrote:

never...I always saw him at citarella...man do i miss that place..anyway, last night episode in Rome was good..need some cacio e pepe this week

same here - want to try the 70/30 pecorino/parmesan mix.

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2021 7:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
doug rr wrote:

same here - want to try the 70/30 pecorino/parmesan mix.

i was glad when he leaked that secret

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2021 7:43 pm 

I keep trying to make fun of the goofy name of this show, but no one will engage me. I should've known better than to try to mess with the Tucci Gang

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2021 7:43 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
doug rr wrote:

on the UES the Citarella is on the corner and at one point it had an attached bar/resto on the adjacent side of the corner (under a different name). they had a dollar oysters happy hour every week, which I used to hit up often. one time I actually found a baby pearl inside. not sure what happened to it

PostPosted: Wed February 24, 2021 3:18 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Saw the Naples episode and loved it. I can’t wait for the Bologna episode. One of my favorite cities on earth.

PostPosted: Wed February 24, 2021 3:12 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Saw the Naples episode and loved it. I can’t wait for the Bologna episode. One of my favorite cities on earth.

i really want to go to bologna..my wife said its her favorite food city in italy

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment