The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 830 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: AOC
PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 2:28 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
B wrote:
How great would it be if someone asked Ted Cruz, "What would you like suffering Texans to know about the million dollars that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez raised for them while you were in Cancun?"
I would rather they just punched him in the face.

That’s what she is doing. It wasn’t until he left and presented an opportunity to grandstand that she gave a shit

Also, if I believed that, I'd take grandstanding over fleeing the country 100 times out of 100.

I don't really think it's her style to grandstand in this way. I didn't take it like that. She's great at trolling people, and a huge target put a huge bullseye on himself. I saw this as a bit of a troll but well intentioned, which obviously led to a good outcome.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 2:38 pm 
mXn

Bold move to bottom page yourself and just say fuck it, and post again to top page.

Respect.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 3:15 pm 
See you in another life, brother

She's gonna primary Schumer isn't she?

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 3:33 pm 
Gone

4/5 wrote:

Schumer can't match her social media skillz

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 3:48 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Peeps wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Is there any lower hanging fruit than Ted Cruz?

mitch, rand paul, b as a mod

fair.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 3:50 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

4/5 wrote:

I don't think so. Schumer has been visibly working to shore up his left---being vocal about $50,000 student loan forgiveness and other more progressive causes, meeting with progressive and activist groups in a sincere way, even appearing alongside AOC to tout local accomplishments. The "your Rep is absent" strategy that AOC used to beat Crowley and that Bowman used to defeat Engel won't work against Schumer. For decades, he's been all over New York all the time and he has a lot of relationships and I think people generally like him.

Governor Cuomo is another story. He's mixed up in yet another scandal as it seems he was hiding nursing home COVID data. He's already halfway through his third term, and despite a fair amount of accomplishments, he has never been liked by the left wing of the party. Progressive primary opponents in 2014 and 2018 did better against him than one might expect---pulling about a third of the vote in campaigns with no debates and minimal press coverage. I think a compelling candidate like AOC with name recognition and fundraising capability that could match Cuomo's could give him a run for his money. If he even runs again.

I'm not sure she would want the Governor's job, though. It's a very different playground than national politics.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 4:05 pm 
Gone

Cuomo has pierced nipples

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 4:06 pm 
Future Drummer

LetMeSleep wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
B wrote:
How great would it be if someone asked Ted Cruz, "What would you like suffering Texans to know about the million dollars that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez raised for them while you were in Cancun?"
I would rather they just punched him in the face.

That’s what she is doing. It wasn’t until he left and presented an opportunity to grandstand that she gave a shit

Whoa.

Literally one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 4:15 pm 
See you in another life, brother

The Argonaut wrote:
4/5 wrote:

I don't think so. Schumer has been visibly working to shore up his left---being vocal about $50,000 student loan forgiveness and other more progressive causes, meeting with progressive and activist groups in a sincere way, even appearing alongside AOC to tout local accomplishments. The "your Rep is absent" strategy that AOC used to beat Crowley and that Bowman used to defeat Engel won't work against Schumer. For decades, he's been all over New York all the time and he has a lot of relationships and I think people generally like him.

Governor Cuomo is another story. He's mixed up in yet another scandal as it seems he was hiding nursing home COVID data. He's already halfway through his third term, and despite a fair amount of accomplishments, he has never been liked by the left wing of the party. Progressive primary opponents in 2014 and 2018 did better against him than one might expect---pulling about a third of the vote in campaigns with no debates and minimal press coverage. I think a compelling candidate like AOC with name recognition and fundraising capability that could match Cuomo's could give him a run for his money. If he even runs again.

I'm not sure she would want the Governor's job, though. It's a very different playground than national politics.

Sure seems like this nursing home scandal should be the end of Cuomo, though who knows where the line is anymore.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 4:29 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

4/5 wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
4/5 wrote:

Sure seems like this nursing home scandal should be the end of Cuomo, though who knows where the line is anymore.

making fun of disabled reporters should have been the end...
admitting to forcing yourself on women should have been the end...

never underestimate people :)

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 4:53 pm 
Gone

Peeps wrote:
4/5 wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
4/5 wrote:

I think killing thousands of old people is worse than those two things

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 5:02 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

verb_to_trust wrote:

An interesting take on a policy that has not been transparent, but appears to have possibly increased the number of COVID cases in some nursing homes over a short period of time, during which we knew next to nothing about the disease.

Not exactly equal to the mass murder.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 5:19 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
Peeps wrote:
4/5 wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
4/5 wrote:

i agree i am just saying never underestimate people and what they will do when you expect something quite different

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 5:20 pm 
Gone

B wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

An interesting take on a policy that has not been transparent, but appears to have possibly increased the number of COVID cases in some nursing homes over a short period of time, during which we knew next to nothing about the disease.

People shit on him at the time for it but it wasn't amplified much in the media since orange man was still in office. It's really pretty sick you're attempting to stan for this absolute piece of shit. If it wasn't an egregious mistake he wouldn't have lied about it and threatened fellow lawmakers.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 5:57 pm 
Future Drummer

verb_to_trust wrote:
B wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

People shit on him at the time for it but it wasn't amplified much in the media since orange man was still in office. It's really pretty sick you're attempting to stan for this absolute piece of shit. If it wasn't an egregious mistake he wouldn't have lied about it and threatened fellow lawmakers.

Andrew Cuomo will go after anyone if they challenge him. Egregious mistake or not. There's a bit of "orange man" in him. My guess is that he probably knew it wasn't good policy, but things were pretty chaotic and maybe there wasn't a good alternative. This is when he should have used his bully nature to just own it. But he didn't, and the fact that he wrote a book about how awesome he was, makes me hope he goes down for this.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 6:02 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Cuomo is trumpy as hell, always has been

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 6:07 pm 
Future Drummer

The Argonaut wrote:
Cuomo is trumpy as hell, always has been

Cut from the same cloth.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 6:14 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

he should switch parties. The GOP would NEVER let that take down a Republican. Democrats are going to throw him under the bus.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 6:15 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Take it to the Vince McMahon thread people

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 6:31 pm 
Gone

B wrote:
he should switch parties. The GOP would NEVER let that take down a Republican. Democrats are going to throw him under the bus.

Criticize a Democrat B. Just do it once.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 830 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 42  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate