The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 215  Next
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Thu February 18, 2021 9:10 am 
known prankster

Quote:
Defendants’ buyout offer ascribed little to zero value to future merchandise and tour earnings despite the increase of wide spread public interest in the Band since Chris’ passing, as is often the case when a musician of Chris’ iconic stature passes away. A good-faith valuation would account for the significant revenues to be earned from the Band’s merchandise sales and account for the lucrative, nostalgia-fueled projects that follow the passing
of rock and roll icons – e.g., future tours using a replacement lead singer (as Queen did by substituting Adam Lambert for Freddie Mercury); posthumous concert appearances by a hologram of Chris (as Tupac Shakur, Michael Jackson, and Elvis Presley have profitably performed); and deep-fake renditions of Chris’ vocals drawn from extant recordings by artificial intelligence that could mint brand new Soundgarden hits

Good lord.

With the best will in the world, Soundgarden were never a big draw like Nirvana or even Pearl Jam. Their last tour saw them playing theatres. I really doubt people will be lining up to see a Chris Cornell hologram.

PostPosted: Thu February 18, 2021 3:11 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

lecherouslittlestump wrote:
Quote:
Defendants’ buyout offer ascribed little to zero value to future merchandise and tour earnings despite the increase of wide spread public interest in the Band since Chris’ passing, as is often the case when a musician of Chris’ iconic stature passes away. A good-faith valuation would account for the significant revenues to be earned from the Band’s merchandise sales and account for the lucrative, nostalgia-fueled projects that follow the passing
of rock and roll icons – e.g., future tours using a replacement lead singer (as Queen did by substituting Adam Lambert for Freddie Mercury); posthumous concert appearances by a hologram of Chris (as Tupac Shakur, Michael Jackson, and Elvis Presley have profitably performed); and deep-fake renditions of Chris’ vocals drawn from extant recordings by artificial intelligence that could mint brand new Soundgarden hits

Good lord.

With the best will in the world, Soundgarden were never a big draw like Nirvana or even Pearl Jam. Their last tour saw them playing theatres. I really doubt people will be lining up to see a Chris Cornell hologram.

Just the idea of a Cornell hologram is wildly depressing.

PostPosted: Thu February 18, 2021 3:15 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Yeah that’s probably not going to happen. They could play together with a new singer, but please go the whole new sound route rather than the sound alike. I have no clue who would fit into that mix of Thayil’s leads with that inventive rhythm section, and I doubt anyone could do it like Chris Cornell, but I just hope it’s a whole new thing and not a glorified tribute band situation.

PostPosted: Thu February 18, 2021 3:19 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

There is 0.0% chance the band would do any of that goofy shit.

PostPosted: Thu February 18, 2021 9:37 pm 
A Return To Form

bada wrote:
There is 0.0% chance the band would do any of that goofy shit.

I could see them recording and touring again with another singer.... as Nudedragons... But all that other stuff? There's just no way... It's so out of character of the guys in the band to even consider doing anything outside of the organic process recording and touring.

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 2:17 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Stardog Champion wrote:
Quote:

Good lord.

Greed Widow, indeed

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 2:21 am 
The Master

Just Vicky Cornell have a leg to stand on or not?Someone give it to me straight

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 3:00 am 
mXn

Strat, let’s get something straight here first: Vicky Karyianis

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 2:03 pm 
AnalLog

https://consequenceofsound.net/2021/02/soundgarden-vicky-cornell-lawsuit-statements/

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 4:34 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

she is deranged. Pointing out the band wants money were its so clear its her. Jesus, she really drained Cornell.

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 5:32 pm 
Major Dude

Man. I wish those guys didn’t have to deal with her shit.

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 5:41 pm 
Future Drummer

96583UP wrote:
Stardog Champion wrote:
Quote:

Good lord.

Greed Widow, indeed

Her lawsuits are a guarantee that Soundgarden will never perform again. If touring with a different singer gives her a cut then I hope they don't.

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 6:39 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

they can do it with a new name like....NudeDragons.

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 7:46 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

they should have Susan Silver be singer

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 8:40 pm 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:

I'm all for it but would they be able to play SG songs with out her profiting? I can understand her receiving royalties for the existing recordings/albums but she shouldn't be entitled to anything they do live. It's their legacy , not hers.

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 10:44 pm 
A Return To Form

96583UP wrote:
they should have Susan Silver be singer

Lily Cornell Silver

Heard her on the AIC MoPop webcast and she's got a voice.

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 10:49 pm 
Future Drummer

doone wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

I'm all for it but would they be able to play SG songs with out her profiting? I can understand her receiving royalties for the existing recordings/albums but she shouldn't be entitled to anything they do live. It's their legacy , not hers.

Doing it legally would require payment of a $25 performance fee per song (or something like that) that is the responsibility of the venue to pay.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/cover-songs-performing-recording-them-legally-sue-basko/.

PostPosted: Wed February 24, 2021 3:36 am 
Rank This Poster

I’d pay good money to see them tour with Miley Cyrus on vocals.

PostPosted: Wed February 24, 2021 3:40 am 
mXn

VinylGuy wrote:
she is deranged. Pointing out the band wants money were its so clear its her. Jesus, she really drained Cornell.

Chris Cornell died the day he met Vicky Karyianis

PostPosted: Wed February 24, 2021 4:10 pm 
Major Dude

Listened to DotU on the way to work this morning. Got to Overfloater. Can’t wait to crank it first thing when I leave.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 215  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands