The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » This gene pool drowning me » Garbage Dump




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 2848
Orpheus wrote:
Don't kill myself, basically. Doing alright so far!

Not until they've released all of the Final Fantasy VII remake, surely. You should be good until about 2031.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2961
Ello Sailor wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
Don't kill myself, basically. Doing alright so far!

Not until they've released all of the Final Fantasy VII remake, surely. You should be good until about 2031.

You're right, got a lot to look forward to!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 65668
tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Ugh. Craft beer culture is the fucking worst

Like mayonnaise for alcoholics amirite

Image

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 45206
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Gave up on mine almost immediately

_________________
Fundamentally, my position is one of harm reduction.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 65668
Con us all into Scurry 4 and 5 in the same year?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 45206
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Con us all into Scurry 4 and 5 in the same year?

No that's still coming

_________________
Fundamentally, my position is one of harm reduction.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 3:49 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Posts: 1218
Location: northwest midwest
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Ugh. Craft beer culture is the fucking worst


Just wait til craft NA beer culture takes hold. There are dozens of us!

Bon Appetit: 5 Non-Alcoholic Beers We'd Reach For Anytime


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 23951
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Learn guitar, no coffee after Noon


I'm a coffee in the afternoon kind of guy, otherwise 2-5 reaaaaaaalllly drag.

I'm a full-on matcha head now for those same hours

picked up a few bags of this. two cups in today and i like the alertness + anxiety reducement aspects. :thumbsup:

do you have a kind you go with? i just picked up some lipton bags off amazon fresh.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 41057
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
spike wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Learn guitar, no coffee after Noon


I'm a coffee in the afternoon kind of guy, otherwise 2-5 reaaaaaaalllly drag.

I'm a full-on matcha head now for those same hours

picked up a few bags of this. two cups in today and i like the alertness + anxiety reducement aspects. :thumbsup:

do you have a kind you go with? i just picked up some lipton bags off amazon fresh.

Best matcha is generally accepted to be "ceremonial grade" from "Kyoto Uji" (or just Uji). You'll see "ceremonial grade" all the time, I'm not sure it means anything. I found one product that my local tea co carries that is sourced from Uji, so I just get that.

The trick is in brewing it properly. It can get very bitter if you're not careful. Water should be no more than 170F (just below boiling), and I find it's best to make a quick slurry (all the powder, with just a bit of water) before pouring in the rest of the water. And then I also add about a Tbsp of good quality (unrefined) coconut oil, for some healthy fat and to take the bitterness off. Dairy is known to interfere with the antioxidant benefits, so I skip that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 65668
tragabigzanda wrote:
Best matcha is generally accepted to be "ceremonial grade" from "Kyoto Uji" (or just Uji).

trag

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 41057
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
i was hoping you would see that

just wait until you get the package i sent you


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 8:57 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri June 24, 2016 2:49 pm
Posts: 2960
tragabigzanda wrote:
spike wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Learn guitar, no coffee after Noon


I'm a coffee in the afternoon kind of guy, otherwise 2-5 reaaaaaaalllly drag.

I'm a full-on matcha head now for those same hours

picked up a few bags of this. two cups in today and i like the alertness + anxiety reducement aspects. :thumbsup:

do you have a kind you go with? i just picked up some lipton bags off amazon fresh.

Best matcha is generally accepted to be "ceremonial grade" from "Kyoto Uji" (or just Uji). You'll see "ceremonial grade" all the time, I'm not sure it means anything. I found one product that my local tea co carries that is sourced from Uji, so I just get that.

The trick is in brewing it properly. It can get very bitter if you're not careful. Water should be no more than 170F (just below boiling), and I find it's best to make a quick slurry (all the powder, with just a bit of water) before pouring in the rest of the water. And then I also add about a Tbsp of good quality (unrefined) coconut oil, for some healthy fat and to take the bitterness off. Dairy is known to interfere with the antioxidant benefits, so I skip that.

trag, are you doing this as a coffee alternative? and do you get results similar to spike, ie. alertness and reduced anxiety?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 65668
pretty sure spike just meant what kind is good from Whole Foods or Trader Joes, not "what part of Japan should I special order from"

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 41057
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
dad wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
spike wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Learn guitar, no coffee after Noon


I'm a coffee in the afternoon kind of guy, otherwise 2-5 reaaaaaaalllly drag.

I'm a full-on matcha head now for those same hours

picked up a few bags of this. two cups in today and i like the alertness + anxiety reducement aspects. :thumbsup:

do you have a kind you go with? i just picked up some lipton bags off amazon fresh.

Best matcha is generally accepted to be "ceremonial grade" from "Kyoto Uji" (or just Uji). You'll see "ceremonial grade" all the time, I'm not sure it means anything. I found one product that my local tea co carries that is sourced from Uji, so I just get that.

The trick is in brewing it properly. It can get very bitter if you're not careful. Water should be no more than 170F (just below boiling), and I find it's best to make a quick slurry (all the powder, with just a bit of water) before pouring in the rest of the water. And then I also add about a Tbsp of good quality (unrefined) coconut oil, for some healthy fat and to take the bitterness off. Dairy is known to interfere with the antioxidant benefits, so I skip that.

trag, are you doing this as a coffee alternative? and do you get results similar to spike, ie. alertness and reduced anxiety?

Kind of both? I do two cups of black coffee with breakfast, then matcha in the afternoon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 41057
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
pretty sure spike just meant what kind is good from Whole Foods or Trader Joes, not "what part of Japan should I special order from"

you know i just can't


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 41057
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
spike I get mine from Townsend's, which is a Portland-based co, but I think they have like 4-5 shops here in the west (including one in Bozeman)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 65668
tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
pretty sure spike just meant what kind is good from Whole Foods or Trader Joes, not "what part of Japan should I special order from"

you know i just can't

I bet your kind of matcha pairs well with a fuji apple amirite

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:21 am
Posts: 3422
ghost wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Ugh. Craft beer culture is the fucking worst


Just wait til craft NA beer culture takes hold. There are dozens of us!

Bon Appetit: 5 Non-Alcoholic Beers We'd Reach For Anytime

At least wine lovers are smart enough to understand that alcohol free wine is called grape juice. Alcohol free beer is not beer, it's part abomination and part marketing. Drink if you want but don't fool yourself into calling it beer please.

_________________
Think I’m going to try being kind to everyone a chance.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 65668
tragabigzanda wrote:
spike I get mine from Townsend's, which is a Portland-based co, but I think they have like 4-5 shops here in the west (including one in Bozeman)

Hopefully you'll be able to pick some up at Montrose Food Mart & Deli, spike.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year’s Resolutions
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 41057
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
surfndestroy wrote:
ghost wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Ugh. Craft beer culture is the fucking worst


Just wait til craft NA beer culture takes hold. There are dozens of us!

Bon Appetit: 5 Non-Alcoholic Beers We'd Reach For Anytime

At least wine lovers are smart enough to understand that alcohol free wine is called grape juice. Alcohol free beer is not beer, it's part abomination and part marketing. Drink if you want but don't fool yourself into calling it beer please.

*sparkling cider


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » This gene pool drowning me » Garbage Dump


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Fri March 05, 2021 10:24 am