The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 95  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Mon December 07, 2020 7:43 pm 
The Master

Thurman Murman wrote:

I've watched that 4 times already today. Its so good

PostPosted: Mon December 07, 2020 8:03 pm 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:

I've watched that 4 times already today. Its so good

Yeah i kind of love it!

PostPosted: Tue December 08, 2020 9:19 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I put down Letter To You for a while and picked it back up today. My thoughts have evolved in a positive way. Other than Last Man Standing and The Power of Prayer in the middle of the record, I am really liking everything else.

PostPosted: Wed December 09, 2020 1:57 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Mon December 14, 2020 11:08 pm 
AnalLog

PostPosted: Mon December 14, 2020 11:17 pm 
The Master

I bet I could fit Nils' into my pocket.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 3:39 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Bruce now had the same smile as Bill Clinton - that not fully present looking just happy to be here smile.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 3:48 pm 
Production Police

liebzz wrote:
Bruce now had the same smile as Bill Clinton - that not fully present looking just happy to be here smile.

My dad has that same smile. Perfectly described.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 4:17 pm 
known prankster

liebzz wrote:

He's aged quite a lot in the last 4 years. I mean he's 70+ so of course he has. He always seemed to defy his age in the past but time has a way of catching up with all of us.

That SNL performance was rough.

Last edited by lecherouslittlestump on Tue December 15, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 4:17 pm 
The Master

lecherouslittlestump wrote:
liebzz wrote:

He's aged quite a lot in the last 4 years. I mean he's 70+ so of course he has. But he always seemed to defy his age.

He can't seem to move his shoulders anymore. Old man body finally hit him.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 4:19 pm 
known prankster

Strat wrote:
liebzz wrote:

He's aged quite a lot in the last 4 years. I mean he's 70+ so of course he has. But he always seemed to defy his age.

He can't seem to move his shoulders anymore. Old man body finally hit him.

Yeah probably. I don't think I need to see ESB shows with him anymore. Just give me a proper acoustic tour

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 4:41 pm 
AnalLog

liebzz wrote:

He's aged quite a lot in the last 4 years. I mean he's 70+ so of course he has. He always seemed to defy his age in the past but time has a way of catching up with all of us.

SNL's stage is too small for the band. The human brain can't process that many scarves, goofy hats and unplugged guitars when they all cram into one shot.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 4:52 pm 
The Master

Im all over an E Street Tour. I drop the ball with life skills on seeing them over the years.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 4:59 pm 
tl;dr

liebzz wrote:

The perfect antidote to Little Steven, who is one of the most naturally angry looking people I have ever seen. He doesn't look like he is putting his arms around the rest of the band; he looks like he is pushing them aside to charge and possibly murder whoever is taking the picture.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 5:05 pm 
The Master

Kevin Davis wrote:
liebzz wrote:

The perfect antidote to Little Steven, who is one of the most naturally angry looking people I have ever seen. He doesn't look like he is putting his arms around the rest of the band; he looks like he is pushing them aside to charge and possibly murder whoever is taking the picture.

He's very toppy heavy with stick legs. He's just trying to keep from falling head first.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 6:04 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
liebzz wrote:

He's very toppy heavy with stick legs. He's just trying to keep from falling head first.

He looks absurd. Like Jon Lovitz playing a character. And I'm pretty certain his guitar wasn't even plugged in. And he clearly doesn't know the words to any of the songs. He warms my heart (and having met him I can tell you he's a genuine sweetheart (even if he's a tad desperate to be recognized and fawned over). Still, it's hard to look at him and take him seriously.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 6:27 pm 
AnalLog

liebzz wrote:

I don't disagree, but i just got a kick out of the pure joy he was getting out of finally performing in front of an audience after being stuck in the garage for the last 9 months!

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 6:59 pm 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:

How are you supposed to smile when your forehead and cheeks have been pulled back that far. It's probably painful to crack a true smile.

PostPosted: Wed December 16, 2020 1:56 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

At least Nils is getting a good belly laugh out of it, secure in the knowledge that if this one goes south, he now has Crazy Horse to fall back on.

In all seriousness though, I would kill to get an E Street Band show. It’s been I think about 5 years for me, but they showed no signs of slowing down then.

PostPosted: Sat January 02, 2021 1:28 am 
Stone's Bitch

Guys I'm sorry I'm a thousand years late on this one cuz I'm a top grade asshole.

This shit is really solid. I like it a lot actually, as far as re-listen-ability. It doesn't have a lot of true heights but like every song is 3 out of 4. Rockin' and rollin' with the E Street - a kind of mix between Magic and Western Stars. I'll absolutely take it, especially Letter To You and Burnin' Train and The Power of Prayer and House of a Thousand Guitars. Good shit man!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 95  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands