The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 182  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Sun November 22, 2020 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 11895
epilogue wrote:
bada wrote:
Ashoka and baby Yoda died in the ST timeline paving the way for the Emperors return. They change that using the veil and Luke never drinks titty milk. All is right in Star Wars land.

As clearly the only person here who loves the ST, I can't say I'm a fan of your theory. :lol:


I think it would be subtle. A bone for the folks that don't like the ST without alienating ST fans by explicitly saying the ST is no longer canon. Then as the years go by and the ST is farther and farther in the rearview they proceed as if it didn't happen.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Mon November 23, 2020 3:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 33142
I don’t like the idea that people seem to have that there some kind of retcon going on via Mandalorian.

There isn’t. These seeds were planted back when tfa was out. And books like the aftermath Trilogy.
But without A shadow of doubt that’s how people are seeing it. Which is a shame.


Anyways this is getting close.

New episode is out 8am Friday.
Never thought we’d be getting this. And it’s coming:)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Mon November 23, 2020 4:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87927
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
bada wrote:
epilogue wrote:
bada wrote:
Ashoka and baby Yoda died in the ST timeline paving the way for the Emperors return. They change that using the veil and Luke never drinks titty milk. All is right in Star Wars land.

As clearly the only person here who loves the ST, I can't say I'm a fan of your theory. :lol:


I think it would be subtle. A bone for the folks that don't like the ST without alienating ST fans by explicitly saying the ST is no longer canon. Then as the years go by and the ST is farther and farther in the rearview they proceed as if it didn't happen.

Right. Because you're a real fan and deserve what you want no matter what. Cool cool cool.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Mon November 23, 2020 5:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 33142
Wtf is a veil?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Mon November 23, 2020 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 11895
Just spitballin. I'm not a real Star Wars fan. Enjoy your forum.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Mon November 23, 2020 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87927
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
bada wrote:
Just spitballin. I'm not a real Star Wars fan. Enjoy your forum.

No worries. I'm sorry if that came off as aggressive. I was smiling as I typed it. It was supposed to have more of a playful razzing tone.

Apologies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Mon November 23, 2020 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 33142
She’s not wrong. This clip alone is big screen Cinema quality Star Wars. This shot alone is more creative than anything similar in the new films. Excepting rogue one maybe
And the little fella:) so happy :)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Mon November 23, 2020 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 33142
Forgot we’re going to see Michael Biehn in this

As who though?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Mon November 23, 2020 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87927
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
That scene was fun but let's not get carried away. There's plenty of great, creative, cinematic action in the new films.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Mon November 23, 2020 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 33142
There never was nor ever will be anything as beautifully shot as the last Jedi.

Weirdly I find the opening battle scene stilted and static to its detriment. But exactly as George would have shot it so I’m guessing that was a tip of the hat.

Then you look at that final battle in rogue one. It’s almost as good the the final battle in ROTJ. Almost.

This is tv. With a fraction of the budget. And they’re killing it. Amazing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Mon November 23, 2020 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 11895
epilogue wrote:
bada wrote:
Just spitballin. I'm not a real Star Wars fan. Enjoy your forum.

No worries. I'm sorry if that came off as aggressive. I was smiling as I typed it. It was supposed to have more of a playful razzing tone.

Apologies.



All is good friend.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Mon November 23, 2020 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 26789
Location: Where everybody knows your name
dimejinky99 wrote:
Forgot we’re going to see Michael Biehn in this

As who though?

Ahsoka

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Mon November 23, 2020 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87927
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
bada wrote:
epilogue wrote:
bada wrote:
Just spitballin. I'm not a real Star Wars fan. Enjoy your forum.

No worries. I'm sorry if that came off as aggressive. I was smiling as I typed it. It was supposed to have more of a playful razzing tone.

Apologies.



All is good friend.

:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Mon November 23, 2020 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87927
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
dimejinky99 wrote:
There never was nor ever will be anything as beautifully shot as the last Jedi.

Weirdly I find the opening battle scene stilted and static to its detriment. But exactly as George would have shot it so I’m guessing that was a tip of the hat.

Then you look at that final battle in rogue one. It’s almost as good the the final battle in ROTJ. Almost.

This is tv. With a fraction of the budget. And they’re killing it. Amazing.

The show definitely deserves props for what they're able to do with their budget.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Tue November 24, 2020 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 25300
they do have a huge budget i presume.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Tue November 24, 2020 3:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 17762
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
dimejinky99 wrote:
There never was nor ever will be anything as beautifully shot as the last Jedi.


I genuinely like this movie, but sometimes I wonder how much cocaine you consume before posting, dime.

_________________
Everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Tue November 24, 2020 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 33142
Handy beautiful explainer you might need in the coming days.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Tue November 24, 2020 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 33142
Next episode is 45 minutes long :)

https://thedirect.com/article/the-manda ... e-season-2


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Tue November 24, 2020 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 17762
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
dimejinky99 wrote:


I can't believe there's an article about that.

Is that longer or shorter than other episodes?

What secrets could that hold?

_________________
Everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars : The Mandalorian (Disney+ 2019)
PostPosted: Tue November 24, 2020 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 17762
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Oooh, 3rd longest episode ever!

_________________
Everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 182  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed April 21, 2021 5:41 pm