The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390 ... 447  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 45620
Location: In the oatmeal aisle wearing a Shellac shirt
tragabigzanda wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
Steven Wilson’s Grace For Drowning is a top ten album of the century for me

Never heard of this. First song has immediately grabbed me. Thanks!

hahaha omg yes, this record is scratching me right where I itch. Awesome stuff.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 45620
Location: In the oatmeal aisle wearing a Shellac shirt
tragabigzanda wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
Steven Wilson’s Grace For Drowning is a top ten album of the century for me

Never heard of this. First song has immediately grabbed me. Thanks!

hahaha omg yes, this record is scratching me right where I itch. Awesome stuff.

OK, not sure, it's getting maybe a little too wuss-prog by track four.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 45620
Location: In the oatmeal aisle wearing a Shellac shirt
tragabigzanda wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
Steven Wilson’s Grace For Drowning is a top ten album of the century for me

Never heard of this. First song has immediately grabbed me. Thanks!

hahaha omg yes, this record is scratching me right where I itch. Awesome stuff.

OK, not sure, it's getting maybe a little too wuss-prog by track four.

yeah no I'm out. Kind of sounds like Blue Man Group music.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat October 24, 2020 12:49 am 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 26, 2020 12:10 pm
Posts: 4050
Location: Warwickshire, UK
I'm drunk and listening to Spin Doctors (Live) at 1.45am


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat October 24, 2020 3:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 2752
epilogue wrote:
Do you have a favorite Tull record? I could easily make a top five but I'd have a really difficult time putting them in any kind of order.


Nah. I like all their 70's albums equally except "Too Old To Rock & Roll" which is super weak.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat October 24, 2020 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 41920
Location: Buenos Aires
Ms Harmless wrote:
I'm drunk and listening to Spin Doctors (Live) at 1.45am

Just go ahead now

_________________
Anders wrote:
Human interaction is important. To love, to laugh, to feel joy, for some even friendship. These are important to life, and a vital part of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon October 26, 2020 5:35 am 
Online
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 6033
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Do you have a favorite Tull record? I could easily make a top five but I'd have a really difficult time putting them in any kind of order.


Nah. I like all their 70's albums equally except "Too Old To Rock & Roll" which is super weak.

I always just assumed 1. 'Aqualung' and 2. 'Thick As a Brick' was everyone's ranking.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
soulseek 4 lyfe


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon October 26, 2020 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 90462
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Ello Sailor wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Do you have a favorite Tull record? I could easily make a top five but I'd have a really difficult time putting them in any kind of order.


Nah. I like all their 70's albums equally except "Too Old To Rock & Roll" which is super weak.

I always just assumed 1. 'Aqualung' and 2. 'Thick As a Brick' was everyone's ranking.

Thick As a Brick is better than Aqualung. But both are so great. I couldn't argue with either being someone's number one.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon October 26, 2020 2:06 pm 
Online
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 6033
A Perfect Circle has the worst album covers of all time for a band with decent music.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
soulseek 4 lyfe


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon October 26, 2020 2:06 pm 
Online
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 6033
Phil Collins had too many album covers in a row featuring nothing but his own face.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
soulseek 4 lyfe


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed October 28, 2020 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 45620
Location: In the oatmeal aisle wearing a Shellac shirt
It’s funny how many grunge bands used swimming pools in their promotional imagery.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed October 28, 2020 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 46686
Location: Mountains
tragabigzanda wrote:
It’s funny how many grunge bands used swimming pools in their promotional imagery.

It's not that funny.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed October 28, 2020 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 41920
Location: Buenos Aires
It is a little funny

_________________
Anders wrote:
Human interaction is important. To love, to laugh, to feel joy, for some even friendship. These are important to life, and a vital part of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed October 28, 2020 5:16 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 3958
I watched Class Action Park last night, the HBO documentary on the wild history of Action Park. It included MTV coverage and both Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell talking about the rides and atmosphere...(speaking of pools).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed October 28, 2020 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 9610
Location: PM me, I have everything.
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
It’s funny how many grunge bands used swimming pools in their promotional imagery.

It's not that funny.

Can I have some examples?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu October 29, 2020 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Nice Beard
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 29185
Location: Illinois
Self wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
It’s funny how many grunge bands used swimming pools in their promotional imagery.

It's not that funny.

Can I have some examples?


Californication, Tiny Music and Nevermind all use swimming pools in the album art.

Around the Fur chick is in a pool. Although the pool is not prominent to the cover art centerpiece (boobs).

A Place In The Sun by Lit features a 60s looking bathing suit woman in a pool floating on an inflatable raft.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Last edited by verb_to_trust on Thu October 29, 2020 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu October 29, 2020 2:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
jeeeesus relax already
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 27290
PJ did a photo shoot in 2006 inside a pool.

Cool pic by the way

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu October 29, 2020 3:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 45620
Location: In the oatmeal aisle wearing a Shellac shirt
AiC also used a pool for some promo shots


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu October 29, 2020 3:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 10287
Location: Tristes Tropiques
Ello Sailor wrote:
A Perfect Circle has the worst album covers of all time for a band with decent music.


Quite literally refused to listen to them because their covers looked like Korn albums.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu October 29, 2020 7:03 am 
Online
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 6033
You also admitted to pretending to like shitty indie rock during that time. I think listening to Korn and genuinely enjoying it is far less lame.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
soulseek 4 lyfe


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390 ... 447  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat October 23, 2021 8:14 pm