The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207, 1208, 1209 ... 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 9:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Alerting the campaign instead of fucking with his account is some serious cuck shit.

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 12:36 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Oops

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 8:21 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

McParadigm wrote:
B gets to the heart of it.

Basically, elevating the Giuliani/laptop rabbit hole was the primary benefit of this interview to the White House. Stahl told him 60 Minutes wouldn’t be elevating claims they couldn’t verify.

Putting the interview out there himself guarantees that those claims make it into the conversation, which he thinks helps him more than any negative reaction the rest of the tape might produce.

It's not Stahl's place to decide what claims need to be elevated. 60 Minutes isn't the arbiter of elevation.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 10:24 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Basically, elevating the Giuliani/laptop rabbit hole was the primary benefit of this interview to the White House. Stahl told him 60 Minutes wouldn’t be elevating claims they couldn’t verify.

Putting the interview out there himself guarantees that those claims make it into the conversation, which he thinks helps him more than any negative reaction the rest of the tape might produce.

It's not Stahl's place to decide what claims need to be elevated. 60 Minutes isn't the arbiter of elevation.

It's not their job to decide what they air? Deciding what claims have merit and what are unsubstantiated false claims is the entire purpose that the press exists.

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 10:30 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Deciding what claims have merit and what are unsubstantiated false claims is the entire purpose that the press exists.

nah. I didn't elect them to handle that for me. Their job is to report facts. In this case, it's what the president says. Deciding what he's saying that's true and bullshit is for the people to decide. If they can't, then what's the point of any of this?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 11:51 am 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Deciding what claims have merit and what are unsubstantiated false claims is the entire purpose that the press exists.

nah. I didn't elect them to handle that for me. Their job is to report facts. In this case, it's what the president says. Deciding what he's saying that's true and bullshit is for the people to decide. If they can't, then what's the point of any of this?
That's what his Twitter account, and daily briefings, and pep rallies, and commercials, and surrogates, and friendly tabloids, and friendly networks are for. 60 minutes could choose not to show the interview at all, it's their right.

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 2:35 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

You’re twisting up journalistic responsibility pretty badly there, pal.

And facts are what the president says? Come on, man.

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 2:35 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

What the fuck, Burt? Why do you think there's a free press? If all you want is for a politician to say what they want with zero accountability: twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 2:52 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

"It's their job to report facts but they don't get to decide what counts as a fact" is an absolutely bonkers claim, you've really outdone yourself here.

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 3:49 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
nah. I didn't elect them to handle that for me.

I hadn’t laughed out loud from reading this board in ages and I thank you

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 3:58 pm 

It's her job to set up a tape recorder and ask questions, a monkey could do her job. She isn't that important. It's not for her to decide for us which bullshit is allowed to get through to us and which isn't. Let it all through. Why the fuck do you want the press to have that authority? Who gave them that in the first place? You act like she has some sacred duty to protect us.

The weird precedents the left is willing to set to get rid of Trump is concerning to me. Trust national security agencies. Give social media giants the power to censor us. Let the media shut down anything they consider out of bounds to talk about...your fear is wrecking shit!

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 4:07 pm 

"Sorry Mr. President, we aren't allowing you to say that this week. It's outside the Overton window that we made up ourselves."

Bitch, who the fuck are you? You're a microphone stand, not the minister of truth.

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 4:22 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I thought this was better than the last debate.

Biden won it for me vaguely on policy. Whereas last time I think Trump won because he thrives in the more chaotic context.

I still like Trump more as a guy but our values don't really line up.

Honestly this was still a pretty low resolution debate and this is in big part because of the questions they ask the candidates.

People say Trump didn't announce any new plans for his new term but I'm not sure when he actually had a good opportunity to. The questions didn't necessitate that.

Canadian debates are much better than this was. I guess we are just smarter people so we would never pass this shit.

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 4:25 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Why do you think the founding fathers felt the free press was important? So they could amplify the opinions of Dear Leader?

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 4:27 pm 

B wrote:
Why do you think the founding fathers felt the free press was important? So they could amplify the opinions of Dear Leader?

It certainly wasn't to decide for us what speech of the president is allowed to trickle down to us lowly peasants.

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 4:32 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
B wrote:

It certainly wasn't to decide for us what speech of the president is allowed to trickle down to us lowly peasants.

On the Media: Where Do You Get Your News

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 4:40 pm 

I've come too early...

Quote:
And here ended the first discourse of Zarathustra, which is also called "The Prologue," for at this point the shouting and mirth of the multitude interrupted him. "Give us this Last Man, O Zarathustra," -- they called out -- "make us into these Last Men! Then will we make you a gift of the Overman!" And all the people exulted and smacked their lips. Zarathustra, however, turned sad, and said to his heart:

They do not understand me: I am not the mouth for these ears.

Perhaps I have lived too long in the mountains; I have hearkened too much to the brooks and trees: now I speak to them as to the goatherds.

My soul is calm and clear, like the mountains in the morning. But they think I am cold, and a mocker with terrible jests.

Now they look at me and laugh: and while they laugh they hate me too. There is ice in their laughter.

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 4:41 pm 

Do you believe these people, dev?

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 4:46 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
Do you believe these people, dev?

I'm over society quite frankly.

Last night a girl tried to tell me I'm racist because we're all racist and I was just like speak for yourself!

Not a great date.

PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 4:54 pm 

Humanity is in a sad state.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207, 1208, 1209 ... 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate