The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1201, 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207 ... 1306  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 9:48 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Man, Trump has surrounded himself with some absolute idiots.

Or they surrounded him. His own idiot mass is so dense - probably the densest, really - that he actually pulls in other idiots from afar.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 10:04 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Oh no. He’d have been better off by far not saying anything.
Thread

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 11:26 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

tragabigzanda wrote:
Eat shit and die, trumpies. This is on you.

Theoretically there might be parents that want their children returned to their home countries, but we haven't identified any and everyone we've talked to so far would rather their kids stay in the US with relatives or in foster care.

Are there any issues with the local embassies or consulates getting in contact with DHS should such a parent want their kid returned?

What people are truly outraged about is that DHS didn't let these parents use this one weird trick to gain legal entry to the US. Maybe they should have, but that discussion doesn't have headlines that are nearly as sexy.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 11:37 pm 
The Master

simple schoolboy wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Theoretically there might be parents that want their children returned to their home countries, but we haven't identified any and everyone we've talked to so far would rather their kids stay in the US with relatives or in foster care.

Are there any issues with the local embassies or consulates getting in contact with DHS should such a parent want their kid returned?

What people are truly outraged about is that DHS didn't let these parents use this one weird trick to gain legal entry to the US. Maybe they should have, but that discussion doesn't have headlines that are nearly as sexy.

I promise that's not what I'm truly outraged about.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 11:41 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

tragabigzanda wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

With the current law and court rulings that seems to be the alternative to what happened here. It'd be nice if Congress made some sort of fix so people wouldn't be incentivized to bring their kids on a several thousand mile journey that normally involves human trafficing.

Too much to hope for, the whole Congress doing anything, I know.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 11:53 pm 
The Master

simple schoolboy wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

With the current law and court rulings that seems to be the alternative to what happened here. It'd be nice if Congress made some sort of fix so people wouldn't be incentivized to bring their kids on a several thousand mile journey that normally involves human trafficing.

Too much to hope for, the whole Congress doing anything, I know.

Agreed with the bold part 100%...

I enjoy your presence on RM, ssb. I'm a political moderate, and I believe we need to balance stronger borders protections with legal pathways to entry for those people looking to escape other countries.

The separation of families, and the abject politicization of that practice by the Trump admin, are some of the most shameful acts of any US administration ever, IMO. The psychological damage this has done to these children, not mention their families, is truly horrific.

I wish the very worst of things to happen to Nielsen, Miller, Trump, and everyone else who went along with this. Fuck them all to a cancer-ridden hell.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 11:55 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Control your emotions, sir.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 11:59 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Control your emotions, sir.

It actually upsets me how calm I am about this. Like, I can't spiritually rationalize myself out of the level of hate I hold for those responsible for this.

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 2:04 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

thank god for the Borat movie

right now Giuliani and the henchmen trying so hard to peddle the mediocre Hunter Biden narrative

instead Rudy has to press pause and deal with national embarrassment for going up to a hotel room with a young girl and lying on a bed and sticking his hands down his pants

almost like something out of a russian kompromat campaign

how ironic

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 2:27 am 
Mind Your Tanners

If you guys are mad about what really incentivizes illegal migration I'll give you a hint--it starts with a c.

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 2:40 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

canada

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 2:48 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Can't Keep
Corduroy
Come Back
Comatose
Can't Deny Me
Comes Then Goes
Cropduster

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 2:50 am 
mXn

Anyone watch the interview with Jason Whitlock?

Trump would have so much more support if he could just act like that all the time.

I will be voting mostly R in my local elections this year. WA state has gone fucking crazy, too far left.

But I cannot vote for Donald Trump.

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 3:04 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

just make sure to check whether those are sane R's you are voting for bc they could easily be the worser kind of crazy

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 3:14 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

cancer?
chud?
Jeff Cement?

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 3:14 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mickey wrote:
If you guys are mad about what really incentivizes illegal migration I'll give you a hint--it starts with a c.

I was specifically referring to policies and court decisions that incentivises bringing minors with the adults. This has not been the historical norm, which was adults going first and either sending remittances back or bringing children through normal channels later.

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 10:13 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

knee tunes wrote:
Jeff Cement?

Is it See-Ment or Say-Ment?

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 1:09 pm 
Future Drummer

It's capitalism, guys. But laughed hard when the first response was "Canada". :lol:

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 1:25 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 3:19 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Rob wrote:
It's capitalism, guys.

And who can blame them for risking everything to try to come to a place that has even a poor version of it like the U.S. does?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1201, 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207 ... 1306  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate