The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 15462
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 5:31 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30960
Location: the beach
Bammer wrote:
It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

no, you drink that brown sugar bourbon stuff...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 13295
Location: An office full of assholes
try having twins


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Sun October 18, 2020 5:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 15462
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
doug rr wrote:
Bammer wrote:
It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

no, you drink that brown sugar bourbon stuff...

durdencommatyler wrote:
Had some Bird Dog Peach Bourbon this past week. It was great in iced tea.

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 5:16 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30960
Location: the beach
heading back home today, but man, what a haul i scored..lots of good stuff...we'll be celebrating or crying soon but i'm set...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 13295
Location: An office full of assholes
doug rr wrote:
heading back home today, but man, what a haul i scored..lots of good stuff...we'll be celebrating or crying soon but i'm set...

i'm glad things are finally turning around for you doug. :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Wed November 04, 2020 3:50 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30960
Location: the beach
Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
heading back home today, but man, what a haul i scored..lots of good stuff...we'll be celebrating or crying soon but i'm set...

i'm glad things are finally turning around for you doug. :thumbsup:

the michter's 10 got me through last night...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Wed November 04, 2020 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 13295
Location: An office full of assholes
doug rr wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
heading back home today, but man, what a haul i scored..lots of good stuff...we'll be celebrating or crying soon but i'm set...

i'm glad things are finally turning around for you doug. :thumbsup:

the michter's 10 got me through last night...

i sipped a bourbon-barrel-aged stout (14.5%). i haven't had one of those in forever. i wanted to feel like it was 2012 again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 2:55 am 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30960
Location: the beach
i'm having a bourbon right now..


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84810
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Bammer wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Bammer wrote:
It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

no, you drink that brown sugar bourbon stuff...

durdencommatyler wrote:
Had some Bird Dog Peach Bourbon this past week. It was great in iced tea.

That wasn't an endorsement of the product though, Bam.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 15462
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
epilogue wrote:
Bammer wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Bammer wrote:
It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

no, you drink that brown sugar bourbon stuff...

durdencommatyler wrote:
Had some Bird Dog Peach Bourbon this past week. It was great in iced tea.

That wasn't an endorsement of the product though, Bam.

So you said it was great because you didn’t like it. Ok got it.

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Tue November 10, 2020 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84810
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Bammer wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Bammer wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Bammer wrote:
It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

no, you drink that brown sugar bourbon stuff...

durdencommatyler wrote:
Had some Bird Dog Peach Bourbon this past week. It was great in iced tea.

That wasn't an endorsement of the product though, Bam.

So you said it was great because you didn’t like it. Ok got it.

Not a fan of sarcasm, huh? No worries. Nuance isn't for everyone.

I'll be literal to clear things up a bit. It's not a good product. The flavor is overwhelming and worthless outside of mixing with strong tea. Most people who drink bourbon don't just want to mix it. Often times they enjoy it straight (even neat!) and not just as a mixer. As a mixer, on ice, masked by tea, this stuff is serviceable. But it's not great on its own. As much as I enjoy Bird Dog products in general, this stuff is not something I'd recommend.

However, if you already have a bottle, try mixing it with iced tea. That's the only way I'd even pretend to recommend consuming it.

Hope that helps!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Wed November 11, 2020 3:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 15462
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
epilogue wrote:
Bammer wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Bammer wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Bammer wrote:
It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

no, you drink that brown sugar bourbon stuff...

durdencommatyler wrote:
Had some Bird Dog Peach Bourbon this past week. It was great in iced tea.

That wasn't an endorsement of the product though, Bam.

So you said it was great because you didn’t like it. Ok got it.

Not a fan of sarcasm, huh? No worries. Nuance isn't for everyone.

I'll be literal to clear things up a bit. It's not a good product. The flavor is overwhelming and worthless outside of mixing with strong tea. Most people who drink bourbon don't just want to mix it. Often times they enjoy it straight (even neat!) and not just as a mixer. As a mixer, on ice, masked by tea, this stuff is serviceable. But it's not great on its own. As much as I enjoy Bird Dog products in general, this stuff is not something I'd recommend.

However, if you already have a bottle, try mixing it with iced tea. That's the only way I'd even pretend to recommend consuming it.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Image

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Wed November 11, 2020 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84810
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Fri November 13, 2020 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 15462
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
doug rr wrote:
not a fan of makers either..you should still put a dab in the infinity though

So I finally choked down the last pour of this last night, saving a finger or two and put that in the infinity botttle. I am worried I ruined it. Never drinking makers again, it was gross.

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
PostPosted: Sun November 15, 2020 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84810
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Bammer wrote:
doug rr wrote:
not a fan of makers either..you should still put a dab in the infinity though

So I finally choked down the last pour of this last night, saving a finger or two and put that in the infinity botttle. I am worried I ruined it. Never drinking makers again, it was gross.

It's crazy how I used to love Maker's Mark back before I knew better. As my exposure to good bourbon has expanded, I've grown to enjoy MM less and less. It's really not great. Everyone great once in a while I'll still get a weird hankering for a Maker's and ginger, though. And when I crave one, it really hits the spot.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu November 26, 2020 4:03 pm