The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat September 26, 2020 1:09 am 
tl;dr

Binaural and Riot Act were the albums that really got hit hard by the 2006 setlist changes. I don't think any No Code or Yield songs were dropped from the setlist in 2006, though "Low Light" was added as a semi-regular. Definitely a decreased prominence of all of this stuff, though. And the return of virtually all the lost songs from the first three albums ("Why Go," "Leash," "Glorified G," "Rats," "Satan's Bed") really underscored the S/T album's "return to form" narrative.

But yeah, totally fantastic performances.

PostPosted: Tue September 29, 2020 6:18 pm 
Future Drummer

Picked back up in Europe last week after I got my computer back. If there was a run of shows I maybe had a wish of going to know. I think it would of been the run through france and Switzerland. Setlist wise, three greats shows. Marsielle And Bern are really good shows. Bern, man what a tight short show. I've started the Italian shows, I will see what I think all these years later. I wasn't a huge fan of them back on 2006.

PostPosted: Wed September 30, 2020 9:36 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Pittsburgh '03 has a nice RVM. 10+ minutes!

PostPosted: Thu October 01, 2020 4:20 pm 
A Return To Form

Simple Torture wrote:
Pittsburgh '03 has a nice RVM. 10+ minutes!

That version is one of the band's best live performances. Absolutely all-time great.

PostPosted: Thu October 01, 2020 8:52 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

While working today, I dialed up a random '96 show on Youtube and listened to most of it. It was Toronto. Footage of Stone Gossard smoking!

I always love when they do the beautiful into to Immortality, even though in this case the actual song performance was shaky.

PostPosted: Fri October 02, 2020 5:47 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Hartford '96 just because.

PostPosted: Sun October 11, 2020 10:12 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Thinking of diving into more Japan 03 later.

also, all this talk about the new vault made me wanna revisit inglewood 98 and Moline.

PostPosted: Sun October 11, 2020 11:50 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

I'm about to roll into the Uniondale--Buffalo--State College trio on my 2003 listen. When that leg of the tour ended, these were the 3 bootlegs I ordered based on the setlists. I had no idea about the Uniondale drama. Because it's sandwiched between two memorable shows, I feel like Buffalo gets overlooked, and it really shouldn't--it's a good show.

PostPosted: Mon October 12, 2020 1:31 am 
jeeeesus relax already

What happened at Uniondale? cant remember.

Oh State College is a cool boot to dive into! I remember watching the triple cds thinking i should get those.

PostPosted: Mon October 12, 2020 1:50 am 
10Club Complaint Department

VinylGuy wrote:

Oh State College is a cool boot to dive into! I remember watching the triple cds thinking i should get those.

The band got booed during and after playing Bu$hleaguer, and Ed went on a bit of a rant about Bush, and why he didn’t care for the job he was doing.

PostPosted: Mon October 12, 2020 3:45 pm 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:

Ed was not aware that Nassau County, New York on long island is one of the biggest republican strongholds in the entire country and half the fans let them have it. IT was so bad, I was first row on the floor in a production kill seat that was released that day. They were throwing quarters and there were two guys who stood on their chairs right behind me and gave the band the middle finger. It lead to the meanest version of know your rights i ever saw, but the band stormed off after RITF with coins still flying. The rest of the setlist that wasn't played would of been amazing.

PostPosted: Mon October 12, 2020 3:50 pm 
Future Drummer

Simple Torture wrote:
I'm about to roll into the Uniondale--Buffalo--State College trio on my 2003 listen. When that leg of the tour ended, these were the 3 bootlegs I ordered based on the setlists. I had no idea about the Uniondale drama. Because it's sandwiched between two memorable shows, I feel like Buffalo gets overlooked, and it really shouldn't--it's a good show.

Buffalo for me was such a sour spot. I was so exhausted and my friend needed a break after we did philly, albany and uniondale before state college. So we skipped it and for years I defended SC as the better show. It's simply not, Buffalo was a beast. Easily the best Boom version of Crazy Mary ever played, Sonic reducer was insane and so many more. Ed's version of soon forget and banter about the booing in Uniondale and what happened was a nice touch to the show.

PostPosted: Mon October 12, 2020 3:56 pm 
The Master

lowlight79 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Ed was not aware that Nassau County, New York on long island is one of the biggest republican strongholds in the entire country and half the fans let them have it. IT was so bad, I was first row on the floor in a production kill seat that was released that day. They were throwing quarters and there were two guys who stood on their chairs right behind me and gave the band the middle finger. It lead to the meanest version of know your rights i ever saw, but the band stormed off after RITF with coins still flying. The rest of the setlist that wasn't played would of been amazing.

It's a very good bootleg and I kind of love how the band just slayed Know Your Rights and RitFW and left the stage.

PostPosted: Mon October 12, 2020 4:31 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, i remember of course...i thought it was Denver im not sure why.

PostPosted: Mon October 12, 2020 4:33 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

VinylGuy wrote:
yeah, i remember of course...i thought it was Denver im not sure why.

Denver was the first show of the tour and there were some walkouts during Bushleaguer, and for some reason it was picked up by the media, but it didn't cause a reaction from the band like Uniondale.

PostPosted: Mon October 12, 2020 4:35 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

The PJ20 footage was from Uniondale right? I remember the media coverage...jesus that was super mean. A lot of people stayed and they chose to focus on those who left the place...they really attacked the band too.

Its weird to think about those days.

PostPosted: Mon October 12, 2020 7:29 pm 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:
The PJ20 footage was from Uniondale right? I remember the media coverage...jesus that was super mean. A lot of people stayed and they chose to focus on those who left the place...they really attacked the band too.

Its weird to think about those days.

I was just thinking it was really bad in 2003, but if this happened in 2020, it would of been far worse.

PostPosted: Mon October 12, 2020 7:31 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, these days are worse for sure. I think the band also learnt how to communicate their political views better...they are trying not to burn anyone these days i guess.

The 2003 and 2004 tours were super political.

PostPosted: Mon October 12, 2020 9:35 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

About to dive into Uniondale. Already listened to Know Your Right and RITW..furious renditions. Also Get Right sounds super cool...Mike is on fire.

PostPosted: Mon October 12, 2020 9:57 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

VinylGuy wrote:
yeah, these days are worse for sure. I think the band also learnt how to communicate their political views better...they are trying not to burn anyone these days i guess.

The 2003 and 2004 tours were super political.

The environment was different then. Lambasting a sitting president like that 17 years ago was seen as unpatriotic to mainstream media and they certainly treated it that way. Times have shifted (the country is much more divided than that still post-9/11 world).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live