The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Consoles (Coming 2020-ish)
PostPosted: Mon September 28, 2020 4:08 pm 
The Master

scrub12 wrote:
Lots of hands on stuff out today for the Series X. Sounds like embargo isn’t up on everything, though.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed September 30, 2020 11:40 pm 
Champion of RM

XSS bundles currently available at Adorama.com.

PostPosted: Tue October 06, 2020 4:30 pm 
The Master

Graphics are certainly not everything (especially with this microtransaction fest of a series), but this looks insane.

PostPosted: Tue October 06, 2020 8:18 pm 
AnalLog

For real. I was originally not impressed with the initial 2K21 reveal, but this video might actually convince me to buy a sport game again. Will probably wait to see final reviews, but this is rather exciting.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 1:57 pm 
The Master

This thing is a monster, but the size will be worth it for the efficient and quiet cooling system.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 2:42 pm 
AnalLog

Yes even with the specs well known at this point, I still grossly underestimated the size of this behemoth. It will be worth it though for sure. Currently looking into set up options in my living room to place this beast.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 3:02 pm 
The Master

Revelator wrote:
Yes even with the specs well known at this point, I still grossly underestimated the size of this behemoth. It will be worth it though for sure. Currently looking into set up options in my living room to place this beast.

The stand is kind of a cool low-tech piece of engineering.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 3:04 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:

YOU CAN STORE THE SCREW

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 3:29 pm 
The Master

Simple Torture wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:

YOU CAN STORE THE SCREW

I'm not going to lie, I giggled at that part.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 3:29 pm 
AnalLog

That thing could fall and kill my toddler.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 3:31 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

scrub12 wrote:
That thing could fall and kill my toddler.

You'd probably save enough money to buy games at that point.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 3:53 pm 
The Master

I'm always amused by the amount of discussion around console design and seeing the "box". Doesn't it just sit on a shelf or TV stand for 5-10 years? Does anyone make a purchasing decision based on the look of a console?

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 4:08 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I'm always amused by the amount of discussion around console design and seeing the "box". Doesn't it just sit on a shelf or TV stand for 5-10 years? Does anyone make a purchasing decision based on the look of a console?

I care less about the look but size is a bigger issue for me.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 4:10 pm 
The Master

scrub12 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

It's certainly hefty.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 6:52 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
scrub12 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

It's certainly hefty.

The PS5 is going to look ugly mixed in with other home theater equipment. White? I hope the PS5 Pro is black. The XSX might look awkward at first, I think it will look astetically better.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 6:59 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
scrub12 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

It's certainly hefty.

The PS5 is going to look ugly mixed in with other home theater equipment. White? I hope the PS5 Pro is black. The XSX might look awkward at first, I think it will look astetically better.

White is a neutral color, just like black. The teardown reveals the plates can be removed and likely modded/replaced.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 7:04 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
scrub12 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

It's certainly hefty.

White is a neutral color, just like black. The teardown reveals the plates can be removed and likely modded/replaced.

White might be a neutral color, it is not a home theater color. I've never seen a white Blu-ray player, stereo receiver, cable / satellite receiver, TV, etc. I'm not going to mess with the plates.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 7:16 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
scrub12 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

It's certainly hefty.

White might be a neutral color, it is not a home theater color. I've never seen a white Blu-ray player, stereo receiver, cable / satellite receiver, TV, etc. I'm not going to mess with the plates.

Several previous consoles have been available in white or light gray (most notably the Xbox 360, Wii, and upcoming Xbox Series S). Was it a big issue with those? I'm truly asking as I don't remember the buzz. it would be different if the console was red or green or something crazy.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 8:16 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
scrub12 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

It's certainly hefty.

Several previous consoles have been available in white or light gray (most notably the Xbox 360, Wii, and upcoming Xbox Series S). Was it a big issue with those? I'm truly asking as I don't remember the buzz. it would be different if the console was red or green or something crazy.

I thought the launch 360 was good looking - slightly concave. I forgot it was off-white. The Wii was tiny and such a hit to non-hardcore gamers, I don't think anyone cared. But all subsequent models of both were black. XBOX One is the only system that did the opposite - black then white. I would never get or not get a console based on appearance,, but the PS5 is giant, ugly, and white. It's an eyesore for sure.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 9:55 pm 
The Master

What I appreciate about the PS5 design is that is so unabashedly a PS5 and not a generic gray/black box. They really went for it and seems like the design has some practical applications as well. It's certainly divisive, but at least it trying to make a statement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 57  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games