The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: Systemic / Institutional / Societal Racism
PostPosted: Fri October 02, 2020 6:50 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

I can't imagine this will be long lived, but after the Sandia Labs kerfuffle, it seems like these type of trainings are bad for workplace culture.

Unless we want federal agencies and contractors to be staffed entirely by 30 or younger HR types...

"it seems like these type of trainings are bad for workplace culture.

Unless we want federal agencies and contractors to be staffed entirely by 30 or younger HR types ... " - Men, when they started Sexual Harassment trainings.

CRT trainings where you segregate employees by race is not exactly the same thing as sexual harassment training.

My full knowledge of CRT is this bullet page here: https://www.pcc.edu/equity/wp-content/u ... s-test.pdf

But I'm not sure why anyone would be broken into race groups. Sounds like a "hire new trainers" situation.

PostPosted: Fri October 02, 2020 7:18 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

I can't imagine this will be long lived, but after the Sandia Labs kerfuffle, it seems like these type of trainings are bad for workplace culture.

Unless we want federal agencies and contractors to be staffed entirely by 30 or younger HR types...

Unless we want federal agencies and contractors to be staffed entirely by 30 or younger HR types ... " - Men, when they started Sexual Harassment trainings.

CRT trainings where you segregate employees by race is not exactly the same thing as sexual harassment training.

My full knowledge of CRT is this bullet page here: https://www.pcc.edu/equity/wp-content/u ... s-test.pdf

But I'm not sure why anyone would be broken into race groups. Sounds like a "hire new trainers" situation.

Its entirely consistent with CRT and is what occured at Sandia Labs (allegedly). To have BIPOC individuals listen to their white colleagues "do the work" is emotional labor. Its taxing and unfair to them.

Hence breaking the group into ethnically based struggle sessions:

https://christopherrufo.com/national-nuclear-laboratory-training-on-white-privilege-and-white-male-culture/

PostPosted: Fri October 02, 2020 7:26 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

Its entirely consistent with CRT and is what occured at Sandia Labs (allegedly). To have BIPOC individuals listen to their white colleagues "do the work" is emotional labor. Its taxing and unfair to them.

https://christopherrufo.com/national-nuclear-laboratory-training-on-white-privilege-and-white-male-culture/

OK, so I've heard that. But again, Trump didn't replace this with a different theory of diversity or sensitivity training. He just cancelled everything.

PostPosted: Fri October 02, 2020 7:43 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

OK, so I've heard that. But again, Trump didn't replace this with a different theory of diversity or sensitivity training. He just cancelled everything.

What are these trainings supposed to accomplish? Implicit Bias training tends to make things worse. If your workplace needs diversity or sensitivity training, it sounds like someone already should have been fired.

Should it just be rattling off a list of protected classes? Explain who you can be a dick to without getting fired or causing liability for your employer?

I'm 99 percent certain whatever the argument for why CRT training is valuable will end up being some Motte and Bailey BS about what the simplistic, high minded "just be considerate" version of CRT as opposed to what it IS.

PostPosted: Fri October 02, 2020 9:25 pm 
mXn

simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

What are these trainings supposed to accomplish? Implicit Bias training tends to make things worse. If your workplace needs diversity or sensitivity training, it sounds like someone already should have been fired.

Should it just be rattling off a list of protected classes? Explain who you can be a dick to without getting fired or causing liability for your employer?

I'm 99 percent certain whatever the argument for why CRT training is valuable will end up being some Motte and Bailey BS about what the simplistic, high minded "just be considerate" version of CRT as opposed to what it IS.

I admit I had to google Motte and Bailey

PostPosted: Fri October 02, 2020 11:01 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Bammer wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

I admit I had to google Motte and Bailey

Dedicate it to memory. Its a very popular tactic.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed October 28, 2020 3:48 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Really weird how Critical Race Theory is manipulated to benefit upper class white women.

https://medium.com/@producingwhiteness/kelly-kean-sharp-chicana-54ea6a866af

PostPosted: Wed February 10, 2021 7:51 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Go ahead and lock the thread Racism cancelled.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed February 10, 2021 2:33 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

That's what reasonable people are claiming in good faith, yes

PostPosted: Wed February 10, 2021 10:07 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/c ... 3812760949

Diana Moon Glampers is a shoe-in!

PostPosted: Thu February 11, 2021 5:01 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

took me a while to understand that ‘equity analyst’ was not referring to stonks

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu February 11, 2021 1:07 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

96583UP wrote:

We were raised on the idea that you treat everyone equally, which is now a sin:

Quote:
The terms equality and equity are often used interchangeably; however, they differ in important ways. Equality is typically defined as treating everyone the same and giving everyone access to the same opportunities. Meanwhile, equity refers to proportional representation (by race, class, gender, etc.) in those same opportunities. To achieve equity, policies and procedures may result in an unequal distribution of resources.

PostPosted: Thu February 11, 2021 11:57 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
96583UP wrote:

We were raised on the idea that you treat everyone equally, which is now a sin:

Quote:
The terms equality and equity are often used interchangeably; however, they differ in important ways. Equality is typically defined as treating everyone the same and giving everyone access to the same opportunities. Meanwhile, equity refers to proportional representation (by race, class, gender, etc.) in those same opportunities. To achieve equity, policies and procedures may result in an unequal distribution of resources.

with stimulus checks they could afford to be inside the park.

PostPosted: Fri February 12, 2021 12:07 am 
Future Drummer

elliseamos wrote:

I can tell you've never been to a game at Fenway.

PostPosted: Fri February 12, 2021 12:08 am 
Mind Your Tanners

surfndestroy wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

I can tell you've never been to a game at Fenway.

Many.

PostPosted: Sun February 14, 2021 5:37 am 

PostPosted: Thu March 04, 2021 9:10 pm 
mXn

I am posting from a table at the teriyaki place where I am eating lunch.

Customer just said this to the guy working the counter: “When I was growing up when we went out for Chinese food my sister always wanted to bring food from McDonalds and eat that instead. I was wondering when Chinese people eat at a steakhouse or something do the little kids ask to bring noodles “

Wow.

PostPosted: Thu March 04, 2021 9:12 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Bammer wrote:

Customer just said this to the guy working the counter: “When I was growing up when we went out for Chinese food my sister always wanted to bring food from McDonalds and eat that instead. I was wondering when Chinese people eat at a steakhouse or something do the little kids ask to bring noodles “

Wow.

I don't know what I'm more offended by, the general racial overtone or that he thought teriyaki was Chinese.

PostPosted: Thu March 04, 2021 9:17 pm 
mXn

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Wow.

I don't know what I'm more offended by, the general racial overtone or that he thought teriyaki was Chinese.

Yeah equally bad

PostPosted: Thu March 04, 2021 9:18 pm 
The Master

well what did he answer?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 76  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate