The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Environment Thread
PostPosted: Mon September 07, 2020 5:17 pm 
Future Drummer

I think that means they chose a pope

PostPosted: Thu September 17, 2020 12:54 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Trump Admin Appoints Climate Denier To Lead Nation's Climate Research

PostPosted: Tue September 22, 2020 2:21 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

hopefully US can boost its tar sands production now

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu September 24, 2020 12:16 am 
Mind Your Tanners

This “Climate Clock” Is Counting Down Until The Planet Is Irreversibly Damaged

PostPosted: Thu September 24, 2020 3:07 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Quite a top three!!!

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu September 24, 2020 3:07 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

where's Higgs we three should get a cake for this

PostPosted: Thu September 24, 2020 4:08 am 
Mind Your Tanners

How many hours did you spend trying to find a chart that had Canada in it just to fit your sad narrative?

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 2:42 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

less than 60 seconds

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 2:43 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

how many hours have you spent building a sad narrative about the degeneracy of the US?

might actually be a hundred

all your posts are just headlines about how the US sucks

5000 posts about how the US sucks

how about you diversify a little?

visit Food & Dining every once in a while

something

anything

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 2:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

back to the point:

I am really disappointed in Canada's CO2 emissions per capita

and Australia

you guys should be ashamed

pathetic

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 3:02 am 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:
less than 60 seconds

and does it ever show. And you would actually sit there and try to slag Canada...living where you live.

But since you love charts n numbers:
CO2 Emissions by Country
Updated Aug 12, 2020

Stay in your own lane, son. You haven't got a prayer here.

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 3:23 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Leave China out of this!!

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 3:30 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

This is so sad! How embarrassing that would be if the economy of the city I lived in was based on this. Polluting the environment and debasing the wildlife of the indigenous peoples. What kind of sick country does this?

Quote:
This is the world's most destructive oil operation—and it's growing

Large enough to be seen from space, tailings ponds in Alberta’s oil sands region are some of the biggest human-made structures on Earth. They contain a toxic slurry of heavy metals and hydrocarbons from the bitumen separation process.

THE SCALE OF Alberta’s oil sands operations, the world's largest industrial project, is hard to grasp. Especially north of Fort McMurray, where the boreal forest has been razed and bitumen is mined from the ground in immense open pits, the blot on the landscape is incomparable.

If Alberta, with its population of four million people, were a country, it would be the fifth largest oil-producing nation. While it produces conventional oil, most comes from the Alberta oil sands, the world’s third largest proven oil reserve at 170 billion barrels.

And these days, even as Canada promotes action on climate change on the world stage, the Canadian and provincial governments are pushing to expand oil sands operations—which brings substantial economic benefits to the region—in the face of a chorus of opposition from environmentalists and indigenous people.

The Syncrude oil sands plant is seen north of Fort McMurray, Alberta. The oil sands give Alberta the third largest reserves in the world, but extracting the oil is energy-intensive and destructive to the landscape.

[...]

However, Canada is not likely to meet its 2020 carbon emission reduction target, experts warn. Nor is it likely to meet its 2030 Paris climate target—and that's almost entirely due to increasing emissions from the oil and gas sector, which are expected to reach 100 million metric tons a year by then. A study published in April in Nature Communications found that emissions from the Canadian oil sands, measured directly from aircraft, are about 30 percent higher than the figures reported by the industry.

[...]

Air pollution, including acid rain, also plagues the remote region. One study found that acid rain would eventually damage an area almost the size of Germany.

[...]

The oil sands industry has been very destructive to the environment and our communities in the region, says Eriel Tchekwie Deranger, executive director of Indigenous Climate Action, an indigenous-led organization.

“It’s had a huge impact on caribou, bison, moose, birds, fish, the water, the forest. It’s affected our ability to travel, to gather food from the land—it’s really overwhelming,” says Deranger, a member of the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation located near Fort Chipewyan, north of Fort McMurray.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/04/alberta-canadas-tar-sands-is-growing-but-indigenous-people-fight-back/

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 3:37 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Wait, you suddenly don't wanna talk about C02 emissions anymore?

But, but you were all over that like you all over a meth addled prostitute.

What happened?

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 3:40 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

WOW and Albertans sexually exploit the indigenous women

what a fucking joke of a province

dirty oil diggers and rapists

sounds like Trump country

Quote:
For weeks at a time, April would be sent to Alberta’s oil patch in Fort McMurray to sell sex to the men working there.

Alberta’s oil sands have the third-largest oil reserves in the world, after Venezuela and Saudi Arabia. It spans 142,000sq km (54,826sq miles) in northern Alberta, running through the traditional territories of the Cree, Chipewyan and Dene First Nations.

Thousands of workers from Canada and elsewhere work on the oil sands. To house these workers, “man camps” were built next to the processing plants. The “man camps” are precisely what their name implies: camps housing mainly male employees working on resource development projects.

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2020/05/05/pipelines-man-camps-and-murdered-indigenous-women-in-canada/

Last edited by 96583UP on Fri September 25, 2020 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 3:40 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Stickman wrote:

But, but you were all over that like you all over a meth addled prostitute.

WOW how ironic your comment in light of the above article

is this how Canadians view women?

is this how they view sex workers?

or is it just Albertans?

cave people

disgusting

have some respect for women

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 3:45 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Y'know what makes you look that much more dumb? Everything you accuse us of, your country does it 100x worse.

But keep typing in caps, totally distracts from your atrocities.

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 3:48 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Oh my gosh

this is so disappointing... even hypocritical?

Quote:
Canada will be significantly short of its goal to reduce oil and gas methane emissions by 40 to 45 per cent below 2012 levels by its 2025 deadline, and advocates want stronger federal regulation to help bridge the gap.

Five environmental organizations released an analysis of the government’s recent emissions modelling, which shows that under current federal regulations, Canada will only reduce methane emissions by 29 per cent by 2025.

or is it that they are just unable to execute? incapable?

like they want to - but they can't cause they're not good enough

that's more excusable than: 'we're full of shit'

instead:

'we just suck and cant get it done'

Canada: 'we just suck and can't get it done'

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2020/09/03/news/canada-way-behind-pledge-cut-methane-emissions-analysis-shows

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 3:52 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Please protect our mother ocean!!!!!! It is a global planet!!!! Stop destroying our ocean habitat!!

Quote:
Our oceans are facing a plastic crisis. Plastic debris has been found floating on the sea surface, washing up on the world’s most remote coastlines, melting out of Arctic sea ice, sitting at the deepest point of the ocean floor, and in the stomachs of fish, marine mammals and seabirds. It’s everywhere. To make matters worse, the volume of plastic waste is expected to increase four times by 2050.

And yet, here in Canada some people still think that plastic pollution, especially in our oceans, is not a Canadian problem.

[...]

“Canadians recycle their plastic waste.”

FACT: About 86 per cent of Canada’s plastic waste ends up in landfill, while a meager nine per cent is recycled. The rest is burned to create energy, which causes emission problems, or the plastic enters the environment as litter. Additionally, Canada ships about 12 per cent of its plastic waste outside of North America to be processed for “recycling”, which far too often results in waste polluting the environment around the world rather than being properly recycled.

“Canada doesn’t produce as much plastic waste as other countries. Its their problem, not ours.”

FACT: Many countries in Asia have become the world’s dumping ground for plastic waste. About 12 per cent of Canada’s plastic waste is sent outside of North America to be ‘recycled.’ The majority of this exported plastic waste is sent to countries in Southeast Asia, many of which do not have the proper infrastructure to deal with this waste. Unfortunately, this results in the plastic either being incinerated or entering the environment.

North American and European countries specifically have been sending waste there for decades, but many countries, like China, are now refusing it. Canada is contributing to the plastic problem halfway across the world.

https://oceana.ca/en/blog/canadas-plastic-problem-sorting-fact-fiction

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2020 3:54 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I love the planet! Please stop destroying my planet!!! Mother Earth Made those Mountains! Stop destroying them!!! Stop poisoning the water!

Quote:
Massive open-pit coal mines in British Columbia are leaching high concentrations of selenium into the Elk River watershed, damaging fish populations and contaminating drinking water. Now this pollution is flowing across the Canadian-U.S. border, threatening the quality of U.S. waters.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/from-canadian-coal-mines-toxic-pollution-that-knows-no-borders

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 35  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate