The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Consoles (Coming 2020-ish)
PostPosted: Tue September 22, 2020 5:35 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Quit being a pussy and play yourself some Demon's Souls, Mike.

PostPosted: Tue September 22, 2020 5:40 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Wasn't sure how the dual entitlement was going to work, figured it out. Apparently even if you bought a disc you will have to download the PS5 upgrade. With my poor internet connection, gonna have to wait a few days to play Madden apparently. These game sizes are scary huge.

PostPosted: Tue September 22, 2020 5:54 pm 
AnalLog

tree_ wrote:
So I take it you're content playing your PS4 games on PS4? Or have you been going digital already on PS4?

Honestly I just play it with a few friends. The majority of PS exclusives don’t really appeal to me a whole lot. I’ll play what I can on PS4 for now.

Actually Miles Morales being a smaller game has me more excited for it. The first Spiderman felt too long too me and I got bored with it.

PostPosted: Tue September 22, 2020 6:04 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Ello Sailor wrote:

i still haven't played Sekiro :oops:

PostPosted: Tue September 22, 2020 6:08 pm 
The Master

mf wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:

i still haven't played Sekiro :oops:

All of the Demon's Souls talk just makes we want to play Sekiro again. It is so good.

PostPosted: Tue September 22, 2020 6:13 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Yeah, same. I'm hoping the frame rate is increased on the 5

PostPosted: Tue September 22, 2020 10:31 pm 
Champion of RM

CopperTom's preorder journey:

10:55 Opened windows and logged in at Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Microsoft, New Egg

10:56 New Egg: This site set off my work internet security. Window closed.

11:00 Walmart: added to cart, confirmed shipping address, entered CC, rejected at the confirm order step. Sold out.

11:15 - 11:50 Target: Kept getting it my cart, but once I tried to checkout it errored out and removed it from my cart. That probably happened 6 times or so. Sold out.

11:35: Gamestop: added to cart, confirmed shipping address, entered CC, rejected at the confirm order step. Sold out.

11:40 Amazon: Finally showed up in my "XBOX Series X" search. Web page does not exist. Fuck you, Amazon.

12:00 Microsoft: Preorder button removed from website. An item appeared in my cart. Tried to checkout. Pages taking minutes to load. My address was rejected as a foreign address. Tried my parents address. That worked. Credit card on file rejected. New card accepted. Order confirmed at 12:10!

Best Buy showed "coming soon" the entire time. I don't know what was up with that.

PostPosted: Tue September 22, 2020 10:53 pm 
Production Police

CopperTom wrote:
CopperTom's preorder journey:

10:55 Opened windows and logged in at Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Microsoft, New Egg

10:56 New Egg: This site set off my work internet security. Window closed.

11:00 Walmart: added to cart, confirmed shipping address, entered CC, rejected at the confirm order step. Sold out.

11:15 - 11:50 Target: Kept getting it my cart, but once I tried to checkout it errored out and removed it from my cart. That probably happened 6 times or so. Sold out.

11:35: Gamestop: added to cart, confirmed shipping address, entered CC, rejected at the confirm order step. Sold out.

11:40 Amazon: Finally showed up in my "XBOX Series X" search. Web page does not exist. Fuck you, Amazon.

12:00 Microsoft: Preorder button removed from website. An item appeared in my cart. Tried to checkout. Pages taking minutes to load. My address was rejected as a foreign address. Tried my parents address. That worked. Credit card on file rejected. New card accepted. Order confirmed at 12:10!

Best Buy showed "coming soon" the entire time. I don't know what was up with that.

Please play Breath at MSG!

PostPosted: Tue September 22, 2020 11:47 pm 
Champion of RM

So every single XSX launch game is also playable on XBOX ONE. Kinda defeats the purpose of a new generation. :poke:

PostPosted: Wed September 23, 2020 1:29 am 
AnalLog

CopperTom wrote:
So every single XSX launch game is also playable on XBOX ONE. Kinda defeats the purpose of a new generation. :poke:

Not every one. The Medium is next gen only because of the tech it uses. Its a scary game so thats a no from me.

I’ll probably play Cyberpunk on my X. Pretty sure that game would make my OG Xbox One explode.

PostPosted: Wed September 23, 2020 1:48 am 
The Master

scrub12 wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Not every one. The Medium is next gen only because of the tech it uses. Its a scary game so thats a no from me.

I’ll probably play Cyberpunk on my X. Pretty sure that game would make my OG Xbox One explode.

I'm definitely playing Cyberpunk on the PS5. And upgrading 2k on day one.

PostPosted: Wed September 23, 2020 5:52 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

CopperTom wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Even though I could afford one, I don't like buying the first release of a next gen console. It's the most expensive model, and as history dictates, the most prone to faults/issues.

I like to wait about 12 months or so until they've nutted out the issues and the price drops. By that point the range of games is decent too.

Only the first gen 360s had hardware (heatsink) issues - and that wasn't even isolated to launch systems. The general idea that launch consoles are less superior is an old wives tale.

Right back to the original PS1 had overheating issues. PS4/XBone had issues with day one consoles (noisy fans, random shutdowns, etc. Blue/orange light of death), even the switch had joycon issues and physical warping of the entire unit.

While not as widespread as the 360 RROD, I'm happy to wait.

Plus there are alledged leaks that there are already issues with the design of the PS5 but it's too late to fix before launch.

PostPosted: Wed September 23, 2020 6:56 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Couldn't care less about Xbox prices. I'm a Playstation lifer, apparently. Tragic.

PostPosted: Wed September 23, 2020 10:17 am 
Champion of RM

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Even though I could afford one, I don't like buying the first release of a next gen console. It's the most expensive model, and as history dictates, the most prone to faults/issues.

I like to wait about 12 months or so until they've nutted out the issues and the price drops. By that point the range of games is decent too.

Only the first gen 360s had hardware (heatsink) issues - and that wasn't even isolated to launch systems. The general idea that launch consoles are less superior is an old wives tale.

Right back to the original PS1 had overheating issues. PS4/XBone had issues with day one consoles (noisy fans, random shutdowns, etc. Blue/orange light of death), even the switch had joycon issues and physical warping of the entire unit.

While not as widespread as the 360 RROD, I'm happy to wait.

Plus there are alledged leaks that there are already issues with the design of the PS5 but it's too late to fix before launch.

I don’t recall the PS1 issue. I’m guessing the PS4 / X1 issue was patched. Drift was not isolated to launch units. The base warped, not the unit - again, not isolated to launch units.

I think you’re making a mountain out of a molehill. I have Day 1 units for every system from N64 to the present. All are still kicking except XBOX and XBOX 360.

PostPosted: Wed September 23, 2020 10:35 am 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
scrub12 wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

It’s strange that there aren’t PS5 or XSX listings yet. I hoped on grabbing it on Day 1.

I hope to grab 2 games for each console.
Spider-Man and Godfall(unless Rachet and Clank is released before Xmas) for PS5.
Gears Tactics and Cyberpunk for XSX.

PostPosted: Wed September 23, 2020 1:48 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
scrub12 wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

It’s strange that there aren’t PS5 or XSX listings yet. I hoped on grabbing it on Day 1.

I hope to grab 2 games for each console.
Spider-Man and Godfall(unless Rachet and Clank is released before Xmas) for PS5.
Gears Tactics and Cyberpunk for XSX.

My plan is to play Cyberpunk and Demon's Souls at launch and then Spider-Man around the holidays.

PostPosted: Wed September 23, 2020 7:47 pm 
AnalLog

Isn’t the Cyberpunk release just forwards compatible? I think they said the next gen official update won’t be ready until next year.

Looks like media got their hands on the Series X today. It’s weird how little we actually know about these consoles.

PostPosted: Wed September 23, 2020 8:06 pm 
The Master

scrub12 wrote:
Isn’t the Cyberpunk release just forwards compatible? I think they said the next gen official update won’t be ready until next year.

Looks like media got their hands on the Series X today. It’s weird how little we actually know about these consoles.

This is correct.

PostPosted: Wed September 23, 2020 10:29 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
scrub12 wrote:

This is correct.

I'm out (for now). Wasn't this game delayed for the partial purpose of becoming a launch title for next gen?

PostPosted: Wed September 23, 2020 10:35 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
scrub12 wrote:

This is correct.

I'm out (for now). Wasn't this game delayed for the partial purpose of becoming a launch title for next gen?

That's the conspiracy, yes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 57  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games