The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328 ... 555  Next

Vote Before You Can Vote!
Donald Trump (R) 44%  44%  [ 59 ]
Joe Biden (D) 41%  41%  [ 55 ]
Jacob Hornberger (L) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Howie Hawkins (G) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Other 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
COVID-19 12%  12%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 133
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Sun September 13, 2020 11:06 pm 
Major Dude

Rangi Guy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Do people have to pay for these flags and shit that they display around their house?

Oh yes. Trump’s making a pretty penny off it.

Those small yard signs are typically free. You can go to the local party headquarters and get them.

PostPosted: Sun September 13, 2020 11:10 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Do people have to pay for these flags and shit that they display around their house?

Those small yard signs are typically free. You can go to the local party headquarters and get them.

Right!
I couldn't imagine feeling passionate enough about any party candidate that I'd go out and buy campaign merchandise for them - let alone decorate my house with it

PostPosted: Sun September 13, 2020 11:29 pm 
Polluted

Got my application to vote by mail. Will vote at least 3x.

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 2:00 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Vote Biden or else

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 2:07 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bloomberg giving Biden $100 MM in Florida

that must mean it's close there

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 2:17 am 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:
Bloomberg giving Biden $100 MM in Florida

that must mean it's close there

It worked it Guam.

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 2:28 am 
Gone

The media is basically just speaking civil war into existence at this point.

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 3:03 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Rangi Guy wrote:
wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Right!
I couldn't imagine feeling passionate enough about any party candidate that I'd go out and buy campaign merchandise for them - let alone decorate my house with it

Yep, this whole political signage on personal property thing is totally ridiculous to me. I kind of assume anyone with political signage out front of their house is likely a bit...stupid? Like, moronic stupid?

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 1:34 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Higgs wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Right!

Yep, this whole political signage on personal property thing is totally ridiculous to me. I kind of assume anyone with political signage out front of their house is likely a bit...stupid? Like, moronic stupid?

I'm pretty ho-hum about Biden, but if I lived next to that Trump guy, I'd dedicate a significant portion of my salary to Biden signs.

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 1:42 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Rangi Guy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Do people in other countries do this weird shit?

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 2:09 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

JuanHamm wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Do people in other countries do this weird shit?

Yes. When I have traveled internationally close to other countries’ election days, I have seen these signs around.

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 2:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 2:49 pm 
Gone

Thank God, I see some of those Iowa ads occasionally

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 3:06 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
Higgs wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Right!

I'm pretty ho-hum about Biden, but if I lived next to that Trump guy, I'd dedicate a significant portion of my salary to Biden signs.

In fairness, I understand this. You didn't make the rules but this is the way the fight is fought in the US.

Do you think that the signage actually sways voters though? I can see some people going with "majority rules" when seeing a ton of blue or red signs about the place.

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 3:17 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Higgs wrote:
Do you think that the signage actually sways voters though? I can see some people going with "majority rules" when seeing a ton of blue or red signs about the place.

I can't imagine it makes a difference in the Presidential election, but I'm certain people vote locally for people "they've heard of," and the reason they've heard of the candidate is because they read their name on 500 signs around town. I may have even been guilty of such intellectual laziness.

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 3:44 pm 
AnalLog

Do those Trump flags come in a kit or something? You never see just one, it's always the giant flag, two banners, and at least a couple of yard signs. The asshole neighbor starter pack.

FWIW Trump signs seem to outnumber Biden signs like 2-1 around here.

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 3:59 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
Higgs wrote:

I can't imagine it makes a difference in the Presidential election, but I'm certain people vote locally for people "they've heard of," and the reason they've heard of the candidate is because they read their name on 500 signs around town. I may have even been guilty of such intellectual laziness.

I'm actually fully talking about generic "Trump" and "Biden" signs. I understand local candidate signage. At the end of the day those guys are the only ones who could actually do something that genuinely affected you personally.

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 4:03 pm 
Gone

Anyone with a trump sign in their yard is just trying to swing their dick around, not convince swing voters. It's not even signs that are MAGA go to's, it's flags.

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 4:13 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

That I can understand.

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 5:25 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Higgs wrote:
B wrote:
Higgs wrote:

I'm actually fully talking about generic "Trump" and "Biden" signs. I understand local candidate signage. At the end of the day those guys are the only ones who could actually do something that genuinely affected you personally.

Presidential yard signs aren’t meant to sway undecideds, they’re meant to motivate other supporters in your community. To say “you’re not alone, and we can do this.” There’s plenty of research out there demonstrating that while yard signs for big elections don’t change minds, the presence of such community facing props in an area correlates to a greater share of a candidate’s supporters showing up on Election Day.

It could be that yard signs are just more likely to appear in communities where the candidate’s supporters are more motivated in general, and they’ve got this whole thing backwards. But growing up in South Dakota, seeing the occasional Democrat candidate sign was reassuring, because I didn’t really have any other evidence that anybody around me felt the way I did. And in such a divisive election, I think it’s good for people in this country to be reminded that the “enemy“ they face is often the nice couple right next-door.

Last edited by McParadigm on Mon September 14, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328 ... 555  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate