The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160, 1161, 1162 ... 1306  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 8:41 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Does anyone really give a shit about Iraq and Afghanistan anymore? Hell I was over there and I couldn't even tell you what's going on anymore.

Although I do hate to say this, but a good ol fashioned terror attack and Trump's response would probably solidify his reelection

PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 8:57 pm 
Poster of the Year

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Although I do hate to say this, but a good ol fashioned terror attack and Trump's response would probably solidify his reelection

I don't know if it would at this point.

PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 9:28 pm 
Gone

It's hard to give a fuck about someone else's home when your house is on fire.

PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 10:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I don't think this is necessarily in the bag for Biden at all.

PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 11:01 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I can't believe Biden was the best the dems could come up with. It's all very sad to watch from afar.

PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 11:06 pm 
Poster of the Year

Mickey wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I don't think this is necessarily in the bag for Biden at all.

Neither do I. I just don't think, at this point in time in this year, that a terrorist attack would solidify it for the incumbent the way it might have in previous election years.

PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 11:10 pm 
The Master

If trump handled a terrorist attack as well as he handled a pandemic, yea, im not worried.

PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 11:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Okay but:

https://cookpolitical.com/analysis/nati ... hift-right

PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 11:41 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Strat wrote:
If trump handled a terrorist attack as well as he handled a pandemic, yea, im not worried.

If anyone can blow this it's the Democrats.

PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 11:44 pm 
The Master

JuanHamm wrote:
Strat wrote:

The voting population of the democratic party, yes. the purity tests and bullshit needs to end.

PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 11:50 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I think Trump is somewhat averse to new military conflicts. Probably not out of any real anti-war sentiment, but because its too risky or he feels it out of his wheelhouse. Or something like that.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 11:55 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
I think Trump is somewhat averse to new military conflicts. Probably not out of any real anti-war sentiment, but because its too risky or he feels it out of his wheelhouse. Or something like that.

You're giving him too much credit. He's like a fart in the wind. He'll back whatever he feels gives him more slaps on the butt.

PostPosted: Sun September 13, 2020 12:07 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Strat wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
Strat wrote:

The voting population of the democratic party, yes. the purity tests and bullshit needs to end.

What purity tests, Joe Biden is the nominee and Kamala Harris is his VP.

PostPosted: Sun September 13, 2020 12:09 am 
The Master

Mickey wrote:
Strat wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
Strat wrote:

And a lot of people are pissed about that and still on the fence.

PostPosted: Sun September 13, 2020 12:30 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Strat wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Strat wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
Strat wrote:

But that's not a purity test.

PostPosted: Sun September 13, 2020 12:30 am 
The Master

Mickey wrote:
Strat wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Strat wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
Strat wrote:

Yea. Good point. Wrong phrase, but you know what i mean.

PostPosted: Sun September 13, 2020 2:48 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Strat wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Strat wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Strat wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
Strat wrote:

Yea. Good point. Wrong phrase, but you know what i mean.

To an extent I do, but I also think you're overstating the problem and transferring responsibility to a small pool of voters rather than the candidate and party apparatus. There's always a subset of primary losers, we can say, who vote for the other party in the general--it happened with Bernie supporters in 2016, it happened to an even greater extent with Hillary supporters in 2008 (this is documented), it almost certainly happened with like Kasich voters in 2016 and it will happen this year. But I don't think it's fair to blame voters who are maybe only nominally Democrats, or only Democrats by default, for holding values and politics that predispose them to not vote for Biden, to have some reticence, etc. Sure, some of them are probably just knee-jerk responses, but at the end of the day it's the responsibility of the candidate and the party to assemble a winning coalition. Democrat voters decided that the best way to do that is with a centrist candidate, and the party has since decided that winning moderate Republicans is most important to them (witness Colin Powell at the DNC). That's their prerogative, but then you can't turn around and complain about "purity tests" if you're not offering a certain class of voters what they want.

PostPosted: Sun September 13, 2020 5:05 pm 
Rank This Poster

I see Trump's come out in favour of retaliatory deaths by police when Great American Citizens are killed.

What the fuck?

PostPosted: Sun September 13, 2020 10:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

No cameras.. why even bother with a rally?

Networks boycott Trump event over his repeat breach of coronavirus guidelines
Alex Woodward
The Independent

Several broadcasters won’t send camera crews inside Donald Trump’s indoor campaign events in Nevada over concerns that staff could be exposed to coronavirus.

CNN’s Brian Stelter, whose network will not be covering the president’s indoor rally on Sunday with its own camera crew, reports that news outlets have been forced to make “tough decisions about how to keep their staffers safe” while the president flouts public safety guidelines by increasing the risk of transmission among large groups at his indoor events.

“Major TV networks have decided not to send their camera crews inside, because they feel it will not be safe enough,” he said. “It’s not wise to go along with the president’s loosey-goosey approach."

The president has held six indoor campaign rallies in the month that followed after he had admitted to journalist Bob Woodward in a February interview that Covid-10 can be transmitted via the airborne virus.

“It goes through air, Bob,” the president said on 7 February, which was recorded and recently published in advance of his the journalist’s book Rage. "That's always tougher than the touch. You know, the touch, you don't have to touch things. Right? But the air, you just breathe the air and that's how it's passed … That’s very tricky one. That's a very delicate one."

In that same interview, the president admitted that the virus was "more deadly" than “even your strenuous flus” despite his public statements that downplayed the risk of transmission and falsely compared the fatality rates between flu and Covid-19 infections.

The president held six rallies between that interview and 2 March. He cancelled an event in Wisconsin scheduled for 19 March.

He told Mr Woodward on 19 March that he “wanted to always play it down.”

"I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic," he said.

The president reignited his campaign with a rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma on 20 June. Moments before the event, the campaign announced that six staffers had tested positive for the virus and were isolated.

Health officials there linked a significant spike in infections to the rally and related events.

Few attendees at a campaign rally in Minden, Nevada on 12 September wore masks.

His rally was initially scheduled for Reno, but it was moved following warnings from the Reno Tahoe Airport Authority that a rally for 5,000 people in a private hangar would be in violation of the state’s current restrictions amid the pandemic. It also reportedly violated the terms of the company’s lease for the private hangar.

Nevada currently remains in Phase 2 of its reopening plan, limiting public and private gatherings to 50 people.

The state also requires residents wear face coverings when they are out in public and at public venues.

More than 193,000 Americans have died from Covid-19-related illness, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

PostPosted: Sun September 13, 2020 11:27 pm 
Polluted

This guy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160, 1161, 1162 ... 1306  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate