The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 6:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Wait, people PAY for fantasy football?

Yeah, some of us like to win $$$$

I was being playful.

Go get that paper, MD!

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 8:47 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I was being playful.

Go get that paper, MD!

It's all venmo these days :cry:

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 9:23 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I was being playful.

Go get that paper, MD!

It's all venmo these days :cry:

Ok, then... get that digital? I don't know. I hate everything.

PostPosted: Thu July 30, 2020 6:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Worth even bothering this year?

I'm as checked out of sports as I've ever been.

PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 4:38 pm 
The Master

agreed to rejoin a league from a few years ago, only to
find out they are doing keepers now so I’m starting out from behind :?

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 5:26 pm 
The Master

doing mock drafts and trying to pick people i anticipate will not be kept...this is kinda weird

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 6:48 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
doing mock drafts and trying to pick people i anticipate will not be kept...this is kinda weird

when are keepers announced/locked-in?

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 7:23 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:

i think the commissioner said to have the keepers submitted to him by today since the draft is Tuesday...there are 10 teams total with 8 of them having a roster to select keepers from...a coin flip will determine if me or the other team picks first or second, and it's a non-snake draft...the rest of the draft order is determined by last year's finish

there are two teams that are for sure going to have some difficult keeper decisions to make, and one that i don't think will keep anybody

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 7:26 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:

i think the commissioner said to have the keepers submitted to him by today since the draft is Tuesday...there are 10 teams total with 8 of them having a roster to select keepers from...a coin flip will determine if me or the other team picks first or second, and it's a non-snake draft...the rest of the draft order is determined by last year's finish

there are two teams that are for sure going to have some difficult keeper decisions to make, and one that i don't think will keep anybody

How many keepers? And how far before the draft does everyone get to know the keepers?

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 7:32 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

How many keepers? And how far before the draft does everyone get to know the keepers?

oops meant to say they can select up to two keepers...not sure on when we will know who was kept...hopefully by monday as i can try to mock a few times with better knowledge

when i was in this league a few years ago it was $50 entry fee and we didn't do keepers...when i found out it's keepers now i kinda wanted to drop out, but fortunately it looks like the most the entry will be is $20, or possibly lower

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 7:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm co-commissioner in my league of record this year. We are also a 2 Keeper league (have been for a while). We have two teams joining us. It can be frustrating, I know.

Our draft is tomorrow and we still have one team that hasn't picked their keepers. We didn't have a set date because we changed platforms to Sleeper. But I hate it. Next year we'll have everyone's keepers locked in 48 yours before the draft so people can mock and/or prepare. I hate this waiting until the draft starts crap.

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 7:45 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm co-commissioner in my league of record this year. We are also a 2 Keeper league (have been for a while). We have two teams joining us. It can be frustrating, I know.

Our draft is tomorrow and we still have one team that hasn't picked their keepers. We didn't have a set date because we changed platforms to Sleeper. But I hate it. Next year we'll have everyone's keepers locked in 48 yours before the draft so people can mock and/or prepare. I hate this waiting until the draft starts crap.

yeah kinda seems like that would give those who can keep an even bigger advantage because they already know which positions they need to target

any sleeper or players to target advice? i'm just now researching and prepping since i wasn't planning on playing

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 7:49 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:

yeah kinda seems like that would give those who can keep an even bigger advantage because they already know which positions they need to target

any sleeper or players to target advice? i'm just now researching and prepping since i wasn't planning on playing

I'm in the same boat. I didn't think we were going to continue the league this year. But we decided to go for it but with a platform change and our commish asked for help. So... here we are.

In short, I'm way behind on research, too. I'm pretty much just going to have fun this year and take players I want and not really worry about all the stuff I'd normally worry about. I've cared a lot and done a ton of research and never won. So... we'll try this "seat of the pants" strategy and see what happens.

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 7:53 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I'm in the same boat. I didn't think we were going to continue the league this year. But we decided to go for it but with a platform change and our commish asked for help. So... here we are.

In short, I'm way behind on research, too. I'm pretty much just going to have fun this year and take players I want and not really worry about all the stuff I'd normally worry about. I've cared a lot and done a ton of research and never won. So... we'll try this "seat of the pants" strategy and see what happens.

fair enough

this was a league at a past employer of mine...i've been working for their main competitor for a few years, and we just hired two others from there (one being the commish)...a few in the league still work at the other place, and a few others are gone elsewhere so it's kinda all over the place

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 7:55 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

fair enough

this was a league at a past employer of mine...i've been working for their main competitor for a few years, and we just hired two others from there (one being the commish)...a few in the league still work at the other place, and a few others are gone elsewhere so it's kinda all over the place

"work" leagues seem stressful to me.

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 7:59 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

fair enough

lol, why?

this one has a ton of scoring bonuses, and IDP's...i actually won the first year i played and the payout was around $400 i believe, which was nice because i had just went nuts and stepped down from my FT position there

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 8:04 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

fair enough

lol, why?

this one has a ton of scoring bonuses, and IDP's...i actually won the first year i played and the payout was around $400 i believe, which was nice because i had just went nuts and stepped down from my FT position there

Too many personalities that I don't want to interact with outside of work. I'm not a gambler. I don't usually play for much if any money. So, it's all about having a good time for me.

But that's cool that you make it work and have a good time doing it. AND that you get $400 sometimes. That's rad.

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 8:11 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

fair enough

lol, why?

Too many personalities that I don't want to interact with outside of work. I'm not a gambler. I don't usually play for much if any money. So, it's all about having a good time for me.

But that's cool that you make it work and have a good time doing it. AND that you get $400 sometimes. That's rad.

that was actually the first money league i had ever done...i had been in two other leagues for the last ten or so years, and dropped out of those last year...it's just not as fun when you never see or rarely interact with the other people anymore

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 8:17 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

fair enough

lol, why?

that was actually the first money league i had ever done...i had been in two other leagues for the last ten or so years, and dropped out of those last year...it's just not as fun when you never see or rarely interact with the other people anymore

Yeah, my main league is comprised of people who hang out a lot. But my other league, which I don't take as seriously, is full of people I never see/communicate with. So I know what you mean.

If my main league wasn't as in-person active, I'd probably drop out. Also, I'm finding the Sleeper Apps interface and chat is helping a lot. We're already WAY more active online and talking to each other than we have been in off-seasons past.

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 8:19 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

fair enough

lol, why?

Yeah, my main league is comprised of people who hang out a lot. But my other league, which I don't take as seriously, is full of people I never see/communicate with. So I know what you mean.

If my main league wasn't as in-person active, I'd probably drop out. Also, I'm finding the Sleeper Apps interface and chat is helping a lot. We're already WAY more active online and talking to each other than we have been in off-seasons past.

what platform did you use prior?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226 ... 302  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports