The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sirius XMPearl Jam Radio Topic
PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2020 8:42 pm 
The Master

Someone did ask him why he decided to sing the original Immortality lyrics at the fenway show. Ed played dumb and was fucking with him, or he really didnt realize he was doing it which i dont believe.

Nothing worth listening to, to be honest. It was super awkward.

PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2020 8:43 pm 
The Master

Bless Ed for being a good sport though. Im sure that is fucking awful and how many times does he need to talk about writing the setlist?

Or hear people gush over him awkwardly and ask him to meet them for beers.

PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2020 9:24 pm 
The Master

whenever he was gushed upon, there was awkward silence like he didn’t hear them.

PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2020 9:25 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
Someone did ask him why he decided to sing the original Immortality lyrics at the fenway show. Ed played dumb and was fucking with him, or he really didnt realize he was doing it which i dont believe.

Fucking admit it.

PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 2:29 pm 
AnalLog

I've had dental visits where I felt more at ease than I was while listening to that...

Feeling fuzzy about empowered 16 year old activists is precisely why I listen to interviews of Pearl Jam band members.

A few decent bits in there, but, Ed almost sounds more passionate about Sean Penn's new movie & the songs he wrote for it than he does when talking about anything Pearl Jam related.

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 3:28 pm 
The Master

oneway23 wrote:
I've had dental visits where I felt more at ease than I was while listening to that...

Feeling fuzzy about empowered 16 year old activists is precisely why I listen to interviews of Pearl Jam band members.

A few decent bits in there, but, Ed almost sounds more passionate about Sean Penn's new movie & the songs he wrote for it than he does when talking about anything Pearl Jam related.

He was gushing about buckle up and how great seven o clock was sounding and how great the band was in rehearsals.

He did say they were gonna go on Howard stern. I hope that still happens. Howard always gets the best out of people. Or worst.

PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 3:38 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Sterns wants to talk to ed since forever.

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 10:50 am 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:
oneway23 wrote:

He was gushing about buckle up and how great seven o clock was sounding and how great the band was in rehearsals.

He did say they were gonna go on Howard stern. I hope that still happens. Howard always gets the best out of people. Or worst.

No quite sure gushing is how I would characterize it. He basically said it was a Stone song through and through and that he wanted to do it justice in a matter of fact way.

In any case, I haven't had coffee yet and I'm splitting hairs. Always good to hear from Ed. I look forward to hearing them on Stern.

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 12:02 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

It’s kind of impressive how Eddie has managed to go 25 years without ever discussing his music in any substantive way.

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 1:02 pm 
AnalLog

numbers wrote:
It’s kind of impressive how Eddie has managed to go 25 years without ever discussing his music in any substantive way.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon September 07, 2020 3:26 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
It was the Rob "interviewing" Ed and a call in show for fans. I couldn't stand to listen to too much of it

I don't like listening to the Rob and most every fan lead discussion on the Sirius channel sounds like stuff from the Pit. Such wankery. Ed's not always a good match up for these type of things either. Mike seems to enjoy them though.
I do enjoy listening to Stone when he's done something for the channel.
I would definitely listen to a Howard Stern interview though, probably a couple times. Ed & David Letterman have a good relationship. I would love to see those two sit down if Letterman does another round of Netflix shows.

PostPosted: Mon September 07, 2020 9:14 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I would love to hear Ed with Stern even if im sure Stern will not dig deep into PJ. The same with Letterman.

PostPosted: Tue September 08, 2020 1:30 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Howard Stern did mention this morning they had him (them?) booked when they were to be in town for the Apollo and that he was looking forward to the interview. Apparently they've never met.

PostPosted: Tue September 08, 2020 2:05 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

No, and Howard really wanted to. He mocked Ed a few times too, and he even asked about him to Cornell. Cornell said Ed was super honest and what you see is what you get with Stern being on the fence.

He seems like a big fan who is kinda hurt Eddie didnt pick up his interest.

PostPosted: Tue September 08, 2020 8:01 pm 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:
No, and Howard really wanted to. He mocked Ed a few times too, and he even asked about him to Cornell. Cornell said Ed was super honest and what you see is what you get with Stern being on the fence.

Part of Stern's schtick has always been that he goes after/makes fun of people who refuse to appear on his show.

Then they finally appear years later and he's all ass-kissy.

I remember this happening with Roseanne Barr back int the day, and other people too I'm sure.

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 1:29 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I got to listen to a couple of bits and pieces of this and yeah some of this was really awkward on the fans' side - I really felt like I was witnessing a real-life version of that Chris Farley SNL sketch where he's tripping about interviewing Paul McCartney and other celebs. Some of that "remember when ..... that was awesome!"

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 8:41 am 
known prankster

VinylGuy wrote:

lol I remember that interview with Cornell. I'm pretty sure the first question Howard asked him was whether EV is an asshole.

Those interviews are incredible (I think he did 2) and really insightful. Cornell gets pretty honest about the Audioslave breakup (it was due to $$$). I'm sure they're on YouTube somewhere.

Howard's a bit fawning these days but I'm sure an interview with EV would be great.

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 1:27 pm 
The Master

Remember when you umm... rem..remember when you played Draw the line? Cooool. umm, uh, how, umm why did you play that song?

Ugh. You have a chance to talk to Eddie Vedder and that was on your mind?

Pearl Jam fans :shake:

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 1:53 pm 
Future Drummer

Wait, so what was the deal with the Fenway Immortality?

Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 1:56 pm 
The Master

super nintendo chalmers wrote:
Wait, so what was the deal with the Fenway Immortality?

I think Ed was fucking with him/didn't feel like talking about why he did it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam