The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235 ... 321  Next
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Fri August 21, 2020 5:03 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

The Day After Tomorrow sequel has resumed filming:

PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 3:37 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Noooo not again

https://nypost.com/2020/08/23/kim-jong- ... eport/amp/

Kim Jong Un reportedly in a coma as his sister Kim Yo Jong takes control

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 3:46 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
Noooo not again

https://nypost.com/2020/08/23/kim-jong- ... eport/amp/

Kim Jong Un reportedly in a coma as his sister Kim Yo Jong takes control

Where does this stuff come from? Defectors trying to build up their cred as the basis for some sort of grift?

PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 3:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 10:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Is the US playing the part of Rome in this modernized Cleopatra retelling? Because Don Jr. ain't married anymore, Ms. Yo Jong.

PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2020 12:24 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

This probably deserves its own thread. How stereotypical.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2020 3:42 am 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

There's been rumors & gossip about the Falwell's "pool boy" for years.
Of course it was always denied.

PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2020 4:01 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
There's been rumors & gossip about the Falwell's "pool boy" for years.
Of course it was always denied.

Weren't the rumors that Falwell was gay? The reality is he's an enthusiastic cuckold, or so it would seem.

PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2020 4:29 am 

What does the bible say about literal cucks?

PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2020 10:23 am 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
What does the bible say about literal cucks?

It’s something about not coveting your neighbors wife, but doesn’t say anything about just being her fuck buddy

PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 2:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

ummmmm

Quote:
A cargo ship with 43 crew and 5,800 cattle on board that overturned during stormy weather in the East China Sea has raised renewed concern about animal welfare issues in the live export trade in Australia and New Zealand.

The Japan coast guard continued rescue efforts with three patrol vessels and four aircraft early Friday, in a bid to find 42 crew members still missing. The ship capsized after engine trouble and as a powerful storm swept through the region, according to seafarer Sareno Edvardo, who was rescued.

The ship was transporting cattle from New Zealand to China when it entered the path of Typhoon Maysak, which has battered the region in recent days.

New Zealand-based animal rights group SAFE called for a total ban on live exports. “This is a high-risk trade that puts the lives of animals at risk,” campaigns manager Marianne Macdonald said in a statement.

“Our thoughts are with the families who are missing their loved ones, but we have to recognise the risk to animals that the live export trade brings,”
she added in a separate statement.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-04/capsized-cattle-cargo-ship-renews-live-export-welfare-concerns

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 2:47 am 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:
ummmmm

Quote:
A cargo ship with 43 crew and 5,800 cattle on board that overturned during stormy weather in the East China Sea has raised renewed concern about animal welfare issues in the live export trade in Australia and New Zealand.

The Japan coast guard continued rescue efforts with three patrol vessels and four aircraft early Friday, in a bid to find 42 crew members still missing. The ship capsized after engine trouble and as a powerful storm swept through the region, according to seafarer Sareno Edvardo, who was rescued.

The ship was transporting cattle from New Zealand to China when it entered the path of Typhoon Maysak, which has battered the region in recent days.

New Zealand-based animal rights group SAFE called for a total ban on live exports. “This is a high-risk trade that puts the lives of animals at risk,” campaigns manager Marianne Macdonald said in a statement.

“Our thoughts are with the families who are missing their loved ones, but we have to recognise the risk to animals that the live export trade brings,”
she added in a separate statement.

Since not much goes on around these here parts generally - this is pretty big news over here at the moment

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-04/capsized-cattle-cargo-ship-renews-live-export-welfare-concerns

PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 2:52 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

but the cows were probably going to be eaten anyways

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 2:57 am 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:

We're all gonna get eaten in one way or another, but it's about how we get to that point

PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 11:42 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Rangi Guy wrote:
96583UP wrote:

We're all gonna get eaten in one way or another, but it's about how we get to that point

How long until the liberals claim those cows died of covid-19?

PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 11:52 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
96583UP wrote:

How long until the liberals claim those cows died of covid-19?

a day after conservatives blame it on obama

PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 5:18 pm 
Broken Tamborine

NY Times article
Quote:
There has been no “export of livestock for slaughter purposes” since 2007 in New Zealand, a spokeswoman for the Ministry for Primary Industries said on Friday.
The animals on board the Gulf Livestock 1 were thought to have been sold abroad for breeding, not slaughter; SAFE [an animal welfare group in New Zealand] has said they were most likely pregnant.
But Mr. Appelbe, of SAFE, said that sending livestock abroad for breeding did not prevent them from being slaughtered in the end.
“It’s not like they get loaded back onto a ship to New Zealand when they’re done,” he said.

And that NY Times article linked to this stats.govt.nz article
Quote:
China overtook the United States as the biggest market for New Zealand beef exports in 2019, Stats NZ said
In the year ended December 2019, beef exports to China rose $880 million (112 percent) from 2018 to reach $1.7 billion. In contrast, beef exports to the US fell $245 million (20 percent) to $956 million.

I had no idea the U.S. imported cows/"beef"/"cows for breeding" from New Zealand!

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 2:45 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

39 million cows slaughtered in the US per year

wow

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 7:08 am 
Mind Your Tanners

The Town wrote:
NY Times article
Quote:
There has been no “export of livestock for slaughter purposes” since 2007 in New Zealand, a spokeswoman for the Ministry for Primary Industries said on Friday.
The animals on board the Gulf Livestock 1 were thought to have been sold abroad for breeding, not slaughter; SAFE [an animal welfare group in New Zealand] has said they were most likely pregnant.
But Mr. Appelbe, of SAFE, said that sending livestock abroad for breeding did not prevent them from being slaughtered in the end.
“It’s not like they get loaded back onto a ship to New Zealand when they’re done,” he said.

And that NY Times article linked to this stats.govt.nz article
Quote:
China overtook the United States as the biggest market for New Zealand beef exports in 2019, Stats NZ said
In the year ended December 2019, beef exports to China rose $880 million (112 percent) from 2018 to reach $1.7 billion. In contrast, beef exports to the US fell $245 million (20 percent) to $956 million.

I had no idea the U.S. imported cows/"beef"/"cows for breeding" from New Zealand!

We have the best cows. Actually - my first pet was a cow. Her name was Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 10:59 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

did you milk her?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235 ... 321  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate