The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 137  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:51 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
I don't remember weighing less than 168 pounds. I must have at some point... birth, maybe?

But CHRIST what I wouldn't give to weigh 168 again.

what's your current height and weight? i think my highest was around 165ish before FatFest 2017

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I don't remember weighing less than 168 pounds. I must have at some point... birth, maybe?

what's your current height and weight? i think my highest was around 165ish before FatFest 2017

I'm 5'11 and I weigh 181 right now. That's still pretty decent for me. Most of my life (except 1999-2004) I've been extremely overweight. Right after college, I got up to 236.

This summer I dropped to 168. But then I hurt my foot and I haven't been able to run consistently since. I've run a bit, in patches, here and there. Now my knee is fucked, so I'm on another break. I've started lifting weights. So... Some of that weight might be muscle and not just fat. Maybe.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:01 am 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I'm 5'11 and I weigh 181 right now. That's still pretty decent for me. Most of my life (except 1999-2004) I've been extremely overweight. Right after college, I got up to 236.

This summer I dropped to 168. But then I hurt my foot and I haven't been able to run consistently since. I've run a bit, in patches, here and there. Now my knee is fucked, so I'm on another break. I've started lifting weights. So... Some of that weight might be muscle and not just fat. Maybe.

yeah that's not a bad weight for your height, and like you said you probably are adding muscle...being able to get back to running will help for sure...what happened to your knee?

i'd always been pretty skinny, but never in shape...hopefully i'm working toward the best of both worlds

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:03 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

yeah that's not a bad weight for your height, and like you said you probably are adding muscle...being able to get back to running will help for sure...what happened to your knee?

i'd always been pretty skinny, but never in shape...hopefully i'm working toward the best of both worlds

I woke up on my 40th birthday and my left knee didn't work. It hurt like hell and I could barely walk on it. I literally have no idea what happened. The night before I was fine. Then... suddenly... I was 40 and shit stopped working.

I've tried to run a couple of times since (on days that it's felt much better) and I can't make it more than a mile before shit gives out on me or flairs up. So... no idea.

Good luck to you len. I hope you find what you're looking for.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:07 am 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I woke up on my 40th birthday and my left knee didn't work. It hurt like hell and I could barely walk on it. I literally have no idea what happened. The night before I was fine. Then... suddenly... I was 40 and shit stopped working.

I've tried to run a couple of times since (on days that it's felt much better) and I can't make it more than a mile before shit gives out on me or flairs up. So... no idea.

weird...i'm dying before 40 so i'll never experience that...though i do remember in middle school my knee hurt like crap when i walked, but i could run on it no problem at all during physical education...but as soon as i stopped, instant pain

back in january i got a pool membership and went periodically...my buddy, who is also a dr. pepper addict, told me he didn't drink any dp and ate decent for about two weeks and dropped around 5 pounds...i took it as kind of a challenge and have changed my diet fairly heavily, and been more active...part of it was just my obsessive personality and seeing how far i could take this...i plateaued on weight loss though so i finally just put the scale away last week

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:09 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

doug rr wrote:
i can’t wait to get down to 135 pounds

that was like 8th grade weight for me

that was probably college weight for me

i think Argo is around that now...seriously

This time last year I hovered between 128 and 132. Then I drank a lot of Dr. Peppers and ate a lot of Baked Lays and didn't get great sleep last summer and now I hover between 137 and 140. I don't know if I'll ever get back, but it's OK.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:21 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

The Argonaut wrote:
doug rr wrote:
i can’t wait to get down to 135 pounds

that was like 8th grade weight for me

that was probably college weight for me

i think Argo is around that now...seriously

This time last year I hovered between 128 and 132. Then I drank a lot of Dr. Peppers and ate a lot of Baked Lays and didn't get great sleep last summer and now I hover between 137 and 140. I don't know if I'll ever get back, but it's OK.

you fat f*ck!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:41 am 

Ha, I just have a few soft spots

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:44 am 
The Master

i had no idea you were such a dr. pepper fan

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:16 am 

Not anymore! It betrayed me

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:37 am 
The Master

The Argonaut wrote:

Not anymore! It betrayed me

i'm approaching four months clean and sober...i kinda miss it so much sorta

PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 1:29 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Got at the gym this morning at 5:20 for a good 45 minute workout.
If I don't post about going to exercise that early how else would you know about it?

PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 2:09 pm 
mXn

durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I am with you on the sudden break down at 40. I feel it all over.

Also seeing you spell flare as “flair” is just too perfect.

PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 2:11 pm 
mXn

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Got at the gym this morning at 5:20 for a good 45 minute workout.
If I don't post about going to exercise that early how else would you know about it?

I actually got to the office before business hours yesterday and saw people coming in on a Monday morning after having already gone to the gym and I just felt defeated. I want that.

PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 2:18 pm 
The Master

i really don’t like lifting weights

PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 3:44 pm 
See you in another life, brother

I'm starting to get back to where I was pre-forced Covid break. Really that's not true. I'm still a lot weaker on everything but I'm starting to make good progress and feeling good lifting again so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I was probably the strongest I've ever been back in March before the world ended so it'll take some time to get all the way back. I'm also on a slight caloric deficit right now, trying to get my body fat % down a little bit so that's gotta be slowing down the strength progress a little bit.

PostPosted: Sat September 19, 2020 3:59 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Unusually good one this morning.

PostPosted: Sat September 19, 2020 4:06 pm 
The Master

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Unusually good one this morning.

what's your routine?

PostPosted: Thu November 19, 2020 9:00 pm 
Future Drummer

Anyone have tips for getting dumbbells into place for benching and incline benching? Current gym doesn't have barbells out while under Covid protocol. I can't go any heavier as I can't figure out how to get the weights in place with risking hurting myself. At 70lb dumbbells for flat benching and 60 for incline. Even flies get difficult once I am getting tired.

PostPosted: Thu November 19, 2020 10:51 pm 
Polluted

Struggled with the same, at home. Skip to 2:40, or so.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 137  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports