The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396, 397 ... 953  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody want a Corona?
PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 10:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 3:09 am 
Rank This Poster

Rangi Guy wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Find out later on today what further lockdowns are going to be put in place (if any). Few more community cases found, but so far all of these have been in Auckland which is already shut off from the rest of the country. Instead of letting people self-isolate like they did last time - all cases found are being moved to managed isolation facilities.

Stupid conspiracy crap being shared around that was the goverment's plan to have us in complete lockdown by Oct and will be bringing in the military any day now

Also - glad to see the number in Aus way down from where they were about a week ago

Is it confirmed as a freezer case? Or quarantine breach?

No word yet.
I did read just before that there's a confirmed case outside of Auckland. Looks like my trip up north next week will be off

The cold freezer virus idea seems to be gaining traction. It wouldn't be the first such case if it was.

PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 5:47 am 
Mind Your Tanners

No changes to our lockdown levels! Thank you Jesus!

PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 3:16 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... latam-wrap

PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 4:49 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

It'd be nice if the CDC exerted some effort to encourage responsible reporting of numbers.

I always see # of new cases in a day reported, which is really a useless number.

NC's dashboard has charts for "Cases by Day of Specimen Collection" and "Deaths by Date of Death," both of which are MUCH less sensational then the daily total and death reports. Earlier this week, we reported an "all time high record of 45 deaths in a day," but if you look by Date of Death, we've never had more than 35 people die in a day, and usually under 20, and the peak was 2 weeks ago.

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard/cases

PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 4:57 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
It'd be nice if the CDC exerted some effort to encourage responsible reporting of numbers.

I always see # of new cases in a day reported, which is really a useless number.

NC's dashboard has charts for "Cases by Day of Specimen Collection" and "Deaths by Date of Death," both of which are MUCH less sensational then the daily total and death reports. Earlier this week, we reported an "all time high record of 45 deaths in a day," but if you look by Date of Death, we've never had more than 35 people die in a day, and usually under 20, and the peak was 2 weeks ago.

I like how our reporting is done. Total cases, total recovered, total deaths, new cases, number hospitalized, number in ICU, new deaths. We seem to be getting pretty good at keeping the bolded numbers down even though new cases have gone up a little.

PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 5:16 pm 
AnalLog

B wrote:

I've been curious as to why NC's death percentage is so much lower than other parts of the country.

PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 7:48 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

New poll today shows that 35% of Americans will not get a vaccine, should one become available. :shake:

PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 2:38 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Jorge wrote:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-12/after-146-days-in-lockdown-argentina-hasn-t-peaked-latam-wrap

sorry, dude

Spoiler: show

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 4:53 am 
mXn

Mickey wrote:
New poll today shows that 35% of Americans will not get a vaccine, should one become available. :shake:

That is fkn wild.

Sample size? Location of poll respondents?

PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 11:24 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Hatfield wrote:
B wrote:

I've been curious as to why NC's death percentage is so much lower than other parts of the country.

Fresh mountain air. Fresh sea air. We're a finer crop of humans here in NC. Look at me and Ruddo.

PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 2:09 pm 
Future Drummer

Didn't what's-his-face tell hospitals to stop reporting stats to the CDC?

PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 3:06 pm 
Major Dude

B wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
B wrote:

Fresh mountain air. Fresh sea air. We're a finer crop of humans here in NC. Look at me and Ruddo.

Hurricanes will take you two out.

PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 4:31 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

doone wrote:
Didn't what's-his-face tell hospitals to stop reporting stats to the CDC?

They were told to bypass the CDC, which is more independent and based in Atlanta, and send information directly to its parent org (HHS), which is directly tied to the administration.

And then the HHS Chief Information Officer resigned abruptly last night.

PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 8:46 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

he just had a bad case of diarrhea

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 8:55 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 8:59 pm 
Major Dude

Stickman wrote:

Of course, the White House thinks the red one is the good one...

PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 9:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

do the red dots represent arable land

PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 9:30 pm 
Future Drummer

Stickman wrote:

Country to country comparable are much more complex than that.

PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 9:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

surfndestroy wrote:
Stickman wrote:

Country to country comparable are much more complex than that.

Yes but only to an extent. This image certainly oversimplifies it but it's quite clear that, among so-called "developed countries" the US almost uniquely shit the bed in terms of pandemic response.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396, 397 ... 953  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate