The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309 ... 555  Next

Vote Before You Can Vote!
Donald Trump (R) 44%  44%  [ 59 ]
Joe Biden (D) 41%  41%  [ 55 ]
Jacob Hornberger (L) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Howie Hawkins (G) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Other 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
COVID-19 12%  12%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 133
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 12:45 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
96583UP wrote:
i think Kamala has the brains and skills that if she spends 4 years in the white house as a VP, surrounded by experienced ex-Obama era officials, she will learn a great deal and develop into a 'better politician' addressing what some seem to think is one of her biggest shortcomings when it comes to running as a Prez candidate in 4-8 years

Here's why I disagree: the Vice Presidency is a lame job and most people look lame doing it. The reason Biden looked good as Vice President is because it allowed him proximity to super-cool, celebrity, rock star Barack Obama. Proximity to Biden will not be as helpful to Harris's image. Biden is no rockstar. Vice-Presidents have, in recent history, had the inside track to a party's nomination, but that was in the era of "The Party Decides", and that era is over.

My thought on this is that the Dems have learned a thing or two about optics during the Trump presidency; and that if they win, we’ll regularly see Harris making visits to the Capitol to meet with the left-most wing of the party. It would be a great way to make all Dems feel like they have a seat at the table.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN25901M

Quote:
Nearly nine out of 10 Democrats approve of U.S. Senator Kamala Harris as their party’s vice presidential nominee, and she is more popular than presidential candidate Joe Biden among women, young voters and some Republicans, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Wednesday.

Harris illustrates a transition between old and new in party, showing diversity and inclusion in a way that does not bow to the DiAngeleon nonsense that turns off a huge chunk of the country and swing states in particular. She was absolutely the right choice for everyone not living in Portland, Twitter, Cambridge, or Brooklyn.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 12:47 pm 
Production Police

:lol: maybe my problem is that I’ve lived in all three of those places. I probably due undervalue the extent to which her skin color and gender have an impact on other voters.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 1:55 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 2:32 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

I’m all for Harris but for the life of me can’t figure out how someone so well educated and so intelligent can so rabidly support Israel’s actions and policy in Palestine. She’s rabidly pro their Palestinian extermination policy. It’s insane.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 2:36 pm 
Production Police

dimejinky99 wrote:
I’m all for Harris but for the life of me can’t figure out how someone so well educated and so intelligent can so rabidly support Israel’s actions and policy in Palestine. She’s rabidly pro their Palestinian extermination policy. It’s insane.

Didn’t realize this was her position. But I’m her defense, there are a ton of other politicians from both sides who support that shit.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 2:40 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
She’s rabidly pro their Palestinian extermination policy.

There is zero chance that you're correct about this.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 3:15 pm 
The Master

I see that the Trump has donated to kamala in the past. Lol.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 3:34 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Yeah, she's just mildly in favor of it.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 3:49 pm 
mXn

Strat wrote:

SEE I AM NOT RACIST!!

That is his spin on it.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 4:01 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

She’s supporting an w termination of a native people who are having their homes taken from them right now and fighting back with rocks and in response being hit by Fucking fighter jets.
I get you guys don’t see this on US media left or right but sad to say it doesn’t mean it isn’t Fucking happening.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 4:07 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

tragabigzanda wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Didn’t realize this was her position. But I’m her defense, there are a ton of other politicians from both sides who support that shit.

To my mind the only thing surprising about Kamala's unshakeable pro-Israel stance is that she didn't acquire it at Harvard. But it is, as they say, all about the Benjamins.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 4:08 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Strat wrote:

I get why he would donate to NY politicos, but does he have any property in CA? Did he donate nationally for shits and giggles?

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 4:10 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

simple schoolboy wrote:
Strat wrote:

I get why he would donate to NY politicos, but does he have any property in CA? Did he donate nationally for shits and giggles?

From The Hill:

Quote:
According to the California secretary of state's website, the Trumps donated a total of $8,000 to Harris's campaigns from 2011-2014. Trump, a former real estate tycoon and television personality, announced his candidacy for president in 2015, and had not held public office before that.

The campaign contributions were reported last year while Harris was still a contender in the Democratic primary by the Washington Examiner and Fox News. According to an affidavit obtained by those outlets, the Trumps made a $5,000 donation to Harris at the request of then-New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman (D).

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 4:19 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

She’s supporting an w termination of a native people who are having their homes taken from them right now and fighting back with rocks and in response being hit by Fucking fighter jets.
I get you guys don’t see this on US media left or right but sad to say it doesn’t mean it isn’t Fucking happening.

She strongly supports Israeli security, a stance I don't necessarily agree with, but it's a long, god damned, way away from supporting Palestinian extermination.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 4:24 pm 
Production Police

B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

She strongly supports Israeli security, a stance I don't necessarily agree with, but it's a long, god damned, way away from supporting Palestinian extermination.

Is it though?

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 4:42 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

tragabigzanda wrote:
B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Is it though?

Can one support Israel and disapprove of their treatment of Palastine? Yes.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 4:47 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Ah, the ol "the problems are bad, but their causes are very good" argument.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 4:48 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:

:haha:

This shit is what you teach at Harvard?

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 4:50 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:

No, of course not--at Harvard they teach that "we condemn the treatment of Palestinians, but we unanimously support the state responsible for their treatment" is a legitimate and coherent political position.

PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 4:53 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:

No, of course not--at Harvard they teach that "we condemn the treatment of Palestinians, but we unanimously support the state responsible for their treatment" is a legitimate and coherent political position.

It is though

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11092 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309 ... 555  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate