The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 177  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 2:31 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 3:44 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
When body cams provide too much accountability

Why would this decision not also apply to private individuals live streaming? No expectation of privacy in public, so why does it matter who is livestreaming?

It's the easiest way to reduce crime: eliminate evidence it ever happened
This seems like a mistake. I mean, it's distinctly different than police usage of "Ring" units in neighborhoods,
which is what I'm thinking is the parrellel the ACLU is drawing.

Didnt the ACLU recently say they were putting antiracism over civil liberties? Something like they would no longer defend hate speech?

I honestly don’t know if they did. Google it and let us know.

In the meantime, I’m unclear why the distinction between “a government enforcement agency should be documenting its behaviors during protests for accountability purposes,” and “that agency shouldn’t be live streaming footage in real time” is at all complex.

PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 3:51 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:

**snip**

In the meantime, I’m unclear why the distinction between “a government enforcement agency should be documenting its behaviors during protests for accountability purposes,” and “that footage shouldn’t be live-streamed in real time” is at all complex.

Me too. Both should mandated to ensure honest and complete disclosure to the public. We cannot continue to allow selective edits on socials to be used to manipulate public opinion, so live streams are a good solution that allow independent sources to hold both officer and civilian accountable for their behaviors.

PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 4:02 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Livestreaming is the key phrase. I got it now. Missed that distinction before.

Innocent until proven guilty should be maintained. Video could always be evidence (for either party). As opposed "to guilty because I saw you in the crowd during an active live stream." Makes much more sense to me now.

PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 6:41 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Do not accept an object from a stranger in a crowd under the assurance that it is a 'firework' and then ignite said object and throw it at a federal building.

Whatever ATF or FBI agent that was is probably in line for a promotion.

PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 6:45 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Peaceful farmers protestors

PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 6:49 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
Peaceful farmers protestors

Also, if accurate, he "turned himself into his PO" (parole officer?). So, violated in the local system, and now serious federal time. His prefontal cortex will be fully developed by the time he gets out, so maybe he can be a productive member of society when he's 30 something.

PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 10:59 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Thu March 09, 2023 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 11:18 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

https://www.chron.com/news/article/DHS-had-access-to-messages-from-Portland-15450458.php

PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 11:36 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Probably just moles in the chats. I think Telegram is pretty secure. But who knows. The Deep State is probably trying out all sorts of new toys on the rioters.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 1:23 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
Probably just moles in the chats. I think Telegram is pretty secure. But who knows. The Deep State is probably trying out all sorts of new toys on the rioters.

I'm sure all state and local stingrays were hoovering all text messages and call logs up.

PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 1:41 am 

Pretty smart using horses. Bigger than bikes, but don't have the stigma of driving through crowds in a vehicle. Plus, who wants to hurt a horse?

PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 2:57 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

elliseamos wrote:

Innocent until proven guilty should be maintained. Video could always be evidence (for either party). As opposed "to guilty because I saw you in the crowd during an active live stream." Makes much more sense to me now.

good point

Spoiler: show

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 3:05 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:

Pretty smart using horses. Bigger than bikes, but don't have the stigma of driving through crowds in a vehicle. Plus, who wants to hurt a horse?

so true

the protestors wouldn't set a horse on fire

and the horses have more discipline than the protestors when it comes to non-violent confrontation

like planting a calm, experienced bouncer in front of a way-too-drunk prom queen

she can throw a few punches at him but his belly will just absorb them like a memory foam pillow while he smiles

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 3:09 am 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

good point

I'm pretty sure that kid's smug face is the reason innocent until PROVEN guilty is so important.

PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 3:10 am 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

so true

and the horses have more discipline than the protestors when it comes to non-violent confrontation

like planting a calm, experienced bouncer in front of a way-too-drunk prom queen

she can throw a few punches at him but his belly will just absorb them like a memory foam pillow while he smiles
I wouldn't want to be around when the rider peppersprays his own horse though.

PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 3:29 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

elliseamos wrote:
96583UP wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

so true

the horses usually have eye protectors

PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 3:35 am 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
96583UP wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

so true

Ok, insert "tazes" or "pepperballs" or any other inept thing the dunce on the horse could do to the horse whilst riding and "dominating."

PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 3:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

elliseamos wrote:
96583UP wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
96583UP wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

so true

Ok, insert "tazes" or "pepperballs" or any other inept thing the dunce on the horse could do to the horse whilst riding and "dominating."

horse cops aren't dunces

dunces don't get assigned police horses

PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 4:22 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:

Plus, they can use sabre length batons. Such leverage, much energy. Bonus ability: kicking anyone getting close to its rear.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 177  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate