The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Tue December 03, 2019 5:45 am 
Looks Like a Cat

we had a 4-way tie for first place and a bye next week. it came down to the 3rd tiebreaker (total points) which i had by 100 points. and so I finish no 1 in my league (which means I’ll lose the first game of the playoffs)

PostPosted: Wed December 04, 2019 11:43 pm 
Champion of RM

Seeds 2 through 5 are all 8-5. 2 faces 4 and 3 faces 5. I'm 6 but with more points than all of them. I almost certainly win and I'm in as the 4 seed. It's fun that almost nothing is settled yet.

PostPosted: Tue December 10, 2019 4:23 pm 
The Master

I had a 30 point lead going into last night's game with only player left to play on my opponents team. It was Ertz.

I won by 5. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue December 10, 2019 8:44 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Hate when that shit happens. Because it never happens the other way, in my favor. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue December 17, 2019 4:19 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

i was losing last night by 4.8 points with 3 minutes left when the colts had their final possession after getting shut out. my opponent had brees, kamara, and the saints defense. he also had pascal, the colts wide receiver. in our league, the more points and yards your defense gives up, the more points are taken away. i had the saints kicker, and michael thomas.

anyway, colts take over. they pass, mostly to ty hilton. but one was thrown to pascal. the lead is now 5.8. i'm fucked. but one play later, 2 points are taken away from my opponent because the saints defense crossed the 300-yard threshold. the lead is now 3.8. the colts march down and get a pass interference call in the end zone. it's now first and goal. the play is a roll out to the right to pascal. fuck. but the saints get pressure on brissett. yes! oh no. fuck. i can't afford a sack -- it'll add 2 points. the ball is thrown away. 2nd and goal. handoff. touchdown colts. my opponent loses 4 points. i'm now winning by .2. but, the saints get the ball back. they're obviously going to run it. fuck. kamara only needs 3 yards and i lose. but they bench brees, thomas, and kamara. nice. but, they still need a first down to run the clock out. otherwise, the colts get the ball back and (i) could take a sack, (ii) could get an int or fumble recovery, or (iii) worse, get a completion to pascal, in which case i lose. fuck. saints miraculously get a first down coming out of the 2 minute warning, take 2 kneel downs, and i win by .2.

what a weird turn of events in the last 3 minutes. i'm sure i'll get killed in the super bowl next week.

PostPosted: Tue December 17, 2019 5:15 pm 
The Master

Chris_H_2 wrote:
i was losing last night by 4.8 points with 3 minutes left when the colts had their final possession after getting shut out. my opponent had brees, kamara, and the saints defense. he also had pascal, the colts wide receiver. in our league, the more points and yards your defense gives up, the more points are taken away. i had the saints kicker, and michael thomas.

anyway, colts take over. they pass, mostly to ty hilton. but one was thrown to pascal. the lead is now 5.8. i'm fucked. but one play later, 2 points are taken away from my opponent because the saints defense crossed the 300-yard threshold. the lead is now 3.8. the colts march down and get a pass interference call in the end zone. it's now first and goal. the play is a roll out to the right to pascal. fuck. but the saints get pressure on brissett. yes! oh no. fuck. i can't afford a sack -- it'll add 2 points. the ball is thrown away. 2nd and goal. handoff. touchdown colts. my opponent loses 4 points. i'm now winning by .2. but, the saints get the ball back. they're obviously going to run it. fuck. kamara only needs 3 yards and i lose. but they bench brees, thomas, and kamara. nice. but, they still need a first down to run the clock out. otherwise, the colts get the ball back and (i) could take a sack, (ii) could get an int or fumble recovery, or (iii) worse, get a completion to pascal, in which case i lose. fuck. saints miraculously get a first down coming out of the 2 minute warning, take 2 kneel downs, and i win by .2.

what a weird turn of events in the last 3 minutes. i'm sure i'll get killed in the super bowl next week.

Wow. That's awesome. Is this a money league?

PostPosted: Tue December 17, 2019 6:08 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

it is. the winner gets like $650, and the second place finisher gets about $350. not bad. except this is our "father/son" league where we're playing against my kids' friends and their dads. i paid the entrance fee. i drafted. i did all the waiver pickups. and i set the lineups every week. now my greedy asshole son wants 1/2 of the winnings. i told him that life is full of disappointments. he better get used to it.

PostPosted: Tue December 17, 2019 6:18 pm 
The Master

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

it is. the winner gets like $650, and the second place finisher gets about $350. not bad. except this is our "father/son" league where we're playing against my kids' friends and their dads. i paid the entrance fee. i drafted. i did all the waiver pickups. and i set the lineups every week. now my greedy asshole son wants 1/2 of the winnings. i told him that life is full of disappointments. he better get used to it.

A good life lesson for us all.

I made the final in my league as well (won by 60 points!). $400 payout to the winner. Never been in such a high stakes final before.

PostPosted: Tue December 17, 2019 6:32 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

A good life lesson for us all.

I made the final in my league as well (won by 60 points!). $400 payout to the winner. Never been in such a high stakes final before.

first of all, congrats. 60 points is pretty incredible. i assume you're favored this weekend.

also, be thankful that christmas isn't this weekend. about 2 years ago while we were at my sister-in-law's house with my wife's extended family celebrating christmas, the holiday fell on the monday of week 16. i was in the finals of a league where my matchup depended on the late game that holiday. the payout was $2000, so needless to say i talked to or hung out with nobody being completely glued to the tv. i distinctly remember pittsburgh playing the texans, and i had le'veon bell going (that was the year he started the season suspended, so everyone avoided drafting him like the plague; i took him in the 3rd round). pittsburgh won, and put up big points, and bell got me 20 points, and sealed my second consecutive super bowl. my family still hasn't forgiven me for ignoring them all that day. it was a win/win.

PostPosted: Mon December 23, 2019 2:22 pm 
The Master

I need 10.75 points from Jones tonight to win by league. Gonna be a nail biter.

PostPosted: Mon December 23, 2019 4:17 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

i'm up by 24.6 points. my opponent has cousins and thielen going tonight. i have diggs. diggs hasn't been giving me a lot of points lately (averaging about 6 points over the last 3 games), and so it could get hairy. after my great escape by .2 points last weekend, i guess i shouldn't have expected anything different.

PostPosted: Tue December 24, 2019 4:48 am 
AnalLog

Wow, just finished 15-1 with a championship

PostPosted: Tue December 24, 2019 5:30 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Winner! Playing an opponent that has Cousins playing a Monday Night game is a good thing!

PostPosted: Tue December 24, 2019 6:11 am 
The Master

Winner as well! I have truly peaked. 6-7 regular season record. Dominated the postseason.

PostPosted: Tue December 24, 2019 2:01 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Winner as well! I have truly peaked. 6-7 regular season record. Dominated the postseason.

PostPosted: Thu December 26, 2019 9:01 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

well done!

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 3:29 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Worth even bothering this year?

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 4:18 pm 
The Master

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Worth even bothering this year?

Explore the refund policy

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 6:06 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Wait, people PAY for fantasy football?

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 6:25 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Wait, people PAY for fantasy football?

Yeah, some of us like to win $$$$

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 ... 302  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports