The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post subject: Halo: Infinite
PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 2:37 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Last edited by Ensign9 on Fri July 24, 2020 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Halo: Infinite Looked Like Trash
PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 2:55 pm 
AnalLog

Sigh. I thought it looked fun in gameplay, a good mix of old and modern. Yesterday proved how toxic the gaming community has become. Social media was a nightmare.

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 3:22 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

My title is half in jest. That said, it was an odd choice to show a clearly older build when you're trying to blow away your audience and hype up the Series X release. The 1-minute gameplay trailer looked better and I'm sure the polish between now and November will get it looking much better. That said, graphics aside, nothing in that demo looked particularly exciting to me. And I'm sure there are purists who want movement to stay essentially the same as Halo CE but staying with a frankenstein movement scheme (compared to something like Destiny) is going to be tough to accept.

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 3:24 pm 
The Master

It looks like Halo with more frames and Ps. This can be both a good and bad thing.

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 3:28 pm 
AnalLog

Ensign9 wrote:
My title is half in jest. That said, it was an odd choice to show a clearly older build when you're trying to blow away your audience and hype up the Series X release. The 1-minute gameplay trailer looked better and I'm sure the polish between now and November will get it looking much better. That said, graphics aside, nothing in that demo looked particularly exciting to me. And I'm sure there are purists who want movement to stay essentially the same as Halo CE but staying with a frankenstein movement scheme (compared to something like Destiny) is going to be tough to accept.

I think the purists are the issue. I loved the gameplay in Halo 5, but a lot of them didn’t accept it, so looks like 343 had fo bring it back. I thought it looked good yesterday. Multiplayer reveal next month will be huge, because honestly, thats what most people play.

One thing I will say is that I don’t think Microsoft cares about moving the new box that much. Yesterday was a big GamePass ad. All they care about is you playing their games, and it doesn’t matter where. That’s where these companies make their money, not on hardware.

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 3:31 pm 
The Master

scrub12 wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:

I think the purists are the issue. I loved the gameplay in Halo 5, but a lot of them didn’t accept it, so looks like 343 had fo bring it back. I thought it looked good yesterday. Multiplayer reveal next month will be huge, because honestly, thats what most people play.

One thing I will say is that I don’t think Microsoft cares about moving the new box that much. Yesterday was a big GamePass ad. All they care about is you playing their games, and it doesn’t matter where. That’s where these companies make their money, not on hardware.

Probably the biggest story in gaming right now.

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 3:35 pm 
Champion of RM

Can we change the thread title please.

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 5:38 pm 
AnalLog

I dont get why people want this thing to fail. There was a rumor out today that if won’t launch with multiplayer and 343 had to step in and debunk it.

I, for one, look forward to a 60 fps Halo. That matters more to me than graphics, which I would say was never Halo’s best feature.

Post subject: Re: Halo: Infinite
PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 7:13 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Loved 3, Reach and 4. But have preferred Destiny over 5. Hope this is great.

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 7:22 pm 
Champion of RM

I've never understood the lack of love for Halo. Excellent single player. Excellent multi-player.

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 7:46 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

CopperTom wrote:
I've never understood the lack of love for Halo. Excellent single player. Excellent multi-player.

I don't think there's a general lack of love or desire to see the game fail. But many don't love the direction they took with 4 and 5 (narrative, gameplay, art style, etc.). They were perfectly good games but are always going to suffer in comparison to the original trilogy and Reach.

Beyond that, I'm not sure there's a lot of compelling story left to tell at this point with the franchise. So, taking the leap they're apparently taking with a semi-live service game and charting the next 10 years of Halo seems like a dicey move until we know more.

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 3:41 pm 
AnalLog

Inject 120 fps into my veins.

PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 5:23 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Delayed to 2021. :thumbsup:

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games