The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: What crazy shit/conspiracy do you believe?
PostPosted: Wed July 08, 2020 6:18 pm 
Future Drummer

I saw something on twitter about Michael Flynn reciting an oath for friends/family to support QAnon. I had to look up QAnon.

what the hell is wrong with this country.

PostPosted: Wed July 08, 2020 8:37 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

blueviper wrote:
I saw something on twitter about Michael Flynn reciting an oath for friends/family to support QAnon. I had to look up QAnon.

Poor education and a media driven by ideology and ratings.

PostPosted: Wed July 08, 2020 8:52 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Third time this week I've had someone tell me they were unfamiliar with QAnon, so allow me to share my favorite part of the Qanon story:

Quote:
One archived livestream appears to show Rogers logging into the 8chan account of “Q.”The Patriots’ Soapbox feed quickly cuts out after the login attempt. “Sorry, leg cramp,” Rogers says, before the feed reappears seconds later.

Users in the associated chatroom begin to wonder if Rogers had accidentally revealed his identity as Q. “How did you post as Q?” one user wrote.

In another livestreamed video, Rogers begins to analyze a supposed “Q” post on his livestream program when his co-host points out that the post in question doesn’t actually appear on Q’s feed and was authored anonymously. Rogers’ explanation — that Q must have forgotten to sign in before posting — was criticized as extremely unlikely by people familiar with the message boards, as it would require knowledge of the posting to pick it out among hundreds of other anonymous ones.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/ ... on-n900531

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 1:47 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

god the internet is just garbage

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 1:52 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

I'm gonna go to the next rally wearing a big
letter N. #hypersensitive.com

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 11:54 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

I don’t know which thread is most appropriate for this, but:

Is Ghislaine Maxwell secretly one of the most powerful Redditors of all time?

PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 11:56 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

area 51

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2020 12:09 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Birds in Hell wrote:

I think someone debunked that one

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2020 12:15 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

BurtReynolds wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

I’ve seen a few proposed debunkings but nothing I’d say is convincing.

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2020 2:22 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

she's got a nice rack

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri July 10, 2020 4:51 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Should there be a separate QAnon thread? This is what they're on about today:

PostPosted: Sat July 18, 2020 1:02 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

Birds in Hell wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

I’ve seen a few proposed debunkings but nothing I’d say is convincing.

Just noting: the account still hasn't posted since Ghislaine Maxwell's arrest.

PostPosted: Tue July 21, 2020 1:30 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

vvvery interesting...

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue July 21, 2020 3:10 am 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
vvvery interesting...

They're trying to kill the judge who's overseeing yet another Epstein-related case and the guy who doesn't do the job is found dead? Am I following this right?

PostPosted: Tue July 21, 2020 3:39 am 

elliseamos wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
vvvery interesting...

They're trying to kill the judge who's overseeing yet another Epstein-related case and the guy who doesn't do the job is found dead? Am I following this right?

I think thats the general conspiracy going around...

PostPosted: Tue July 21, 2020 3:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
vvvery interesting...

Well I think we can put all that to rest: https://6abc.com/suspect-in-shooting-of ... h/6326949/

Quote:
Den Hollander was best known previously for unsuccessful lawsuits challenging the constitutionality of "ladies night" promotions at bars and nightclubs. In 2017, he wrote a letter to then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions in which he complained of living under "Feminazi" rule. His litigation, and willingness to appear on television, earned him spots on ABC News, The Colbert Report and MSNBC.

Another lawsuit argued night clubs were violating human rights by charging men hundreds of dollars for bottle service. In 2008, he unsuccessfully sued Columbia University for providing women's studies classes, saying they were "a bastion of bigotry against men."

He was also recently diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Den Hollander's writings also point to a possible connection to the area where he was found dead. He described going to a family cabin in the Catskills community of Beaverkill, about 40 minutes by car from Liberty.

Den Hollander filed for bankruptcy in 2011, citing more than $120,000 in credit card debt, as well as rent and other expenses. In the filing, Den Hollander estimated he made about $300 a month from his work, with the bulk of his income coming from a $724 monthly Social Security payment.

Debt, Terminal Cancer, multiple failures... I'd say he's checked off enough boxes for me to think the simplest answer is the accurate one. Sad on so many fronts.

PostPosted: Tue July 21, 2020 5:28 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

elliseamos wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
vvvery interesting...

Well I think we can put all that to rest: https://6abc.com/suspect-in-shooting-of ... h/6326949/

Quote:
Den Hollander was best known previously for unsuccessful lawsuits challenging the constitutionality of "ladies night" promotions at bars and nightclubs. In 2017, he wrote a letter to then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions in which he complained of living under "Feminazi" rule. His litigation, and willingness to appear on television, earned him spots on ABC News, The Colbert Report and MSNBC.

Another lawsuit argued night clubs were violating human rights by charging men hundreds of dollars for bottle service. In 2008, he unsuccessfully sued Columbia University for providing women's studies classes, saying they were "a bastion of bigotry against men."

He was also recently diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Den Hollander's writings also point to a possible connection to the area where he was found dead. He described going to a family cabin in the Catskills community of Beaverkill, about 40 minutes by car from Liberty.

Den Hollander filed for bankruptcy in 2011, citing more than $120,000 in credit card debt, as well as rent and other expenses. In the filing, Den Hollander estimated he made about $300 a month from his work, with the bulk of his income coming from a $724 monthly Social Security payment.

Debt, Terminal Cancer, multiple failures... I'd say he's checked off enough boxes for me to think the simplest answer is the accurate one. Sad on so many fronts.

Yes, it does make a nice and tidy little package doesn't it? No need to give it a second thought. NO NEED.

PostPosted: Tue July 21, 2020 5:53 pm 
AnalLog

blueviper wrote:

I was talking to a great guy at the library/creek on Friday. His kid was playing with my daughters. We talked for about an hour and then he dropped the Q bomb on me. I mainly listened, but I felt both bad for him and scared for him. He said his wife is getting tired off all of his thoughts about what's going on. Highlights: Vegas false flag to thwart Trump's "storm", pedophilia ring, making room in Guantanamo for "high level US citizens, Leon Trotsky, Balfour agreement, and Michael Flynn taking the oath (which he was truly geeked up about). This guy was lit up like someone having a dramatic conversion to Christianity.

The main rebuttal I gave was recounting my own upbringing in a fundamentalist, Christian home and how we easily dismissed rational facts in order to maintain our world view. I encouraged him to keep asking questions and checking in to see if he was doing the same.

Then it got scarier. After I stopped talking with him a lady, who had been hanging with her dogs in the creek, came up to him and said," Right on brother! Keep spreading the word! You heard about Guantanamo?! The storm is coming. The awakening is happening!" I started eyeing everyone around me, like I was in a horror flick.

Obvious point: the republicans/conservative media are/have been playing with fire and November 2020 could get really bad.

PostPosted: Tue July 21, 2020 6:27 pm 
Future Drummer

Hatfield wrote:
Obvious point: the republicans/conservative media are/have been playing with fire and November 2020 could get really bad.

Yup. I mean, it's already bad. I don't let Trump get to me at all, but watching the people in real life who used to be normal-crazy (like most of us) evolve into something that is really, really getting to me has been a real bummer.

PostPosted: Tue July 21, 2020 11:25 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

QAnon followers: Donald Trump is working night and day to destroy a pedophile ring.

Donald Trump: Shoutout to my bff Ghislane.

QAnonners: Uh. He’s going to save the chil-

Trump: Hope she’s doing well.

QAnonners: ....dren....

Trump: Goddamn we had some times.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 29  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate