The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 321  Next
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sat June 20, 2020 12:20 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

What the hell have I been doing with my life? Are there any other treasure hunts out there?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat June 20, 2020 3:08 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

What an embarrassment, get a real leader who is not blind to atrocity

Quote:
(CNN)Prime Minister Scott Morrison has apologized for saying earlier this week that there was "no slavery" in Australia, after his comments provoked outrage and accusations that he was ignoring the country's history of forced labor.

Speaking at a news conference in Canberra Friday, Morrison said he was referring specifically to the fact that the first Australian colony of New South Wales was set up without the widespread use of slave labor.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/australia/australia-slavery-scott-morrison-intl-hnk/index.html

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat June 20, 2020 5:13 am 
Posting (live)

96583UP wrote:
What an embarrassment, get a real leader who is not blind to atrocity

Quote:
(CNN)Prime Minister Scott Morrison has apologized for saying earlier this week that there was "no slavery" in Australia, after his comments provoked outrage and accusations that he was ignoring the country's history of forced labor.

Speaking at a news conference in Canberra Friday, Morrison said he was referring specifically to the fact that the first Australian colony of New South Wales was set up without the widespread use of slave labor.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/australia/australia-slavery-scott-morrison-intl-hnk/index.html

He's not getting let off easily for this until he fabricated* a cyber attack on essential services.

Spoiler: show
Fabricated may not be true.

PostPosted: Mon June 22, 2020 3:00 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

New York seems like its ready to return to pre-1990s levels of violence. Or maybe its just a short term thing where gangsters are taking advantage of the lawlessness to settle a few scores.
Quote:
Until now. Over the month ­until June 7 — including the crucial Memorial Day weekend — New York’s murder rate more than doubled, to 42 murders, from 18 the year before — a jolt of 133 percent. Shooting victims, including wounded, are up 45 percent. Stabbings are up, too.

To be clear: Going back to the early ’90s, New York has never seen a sustained increase of this magnitude. Nothing close: The nearest spike in the early summer month was a short-lived 63 percent hike in 2006, just half ­today’s increase. And that ­increase did portend an 11 percent murder hike for all of 2006, the second-highest in three decades.

This isn’t an aberration coming off a good spring. For the year, murder is up 25 percent. If these rates hold, New York would end 2020 with an increase in murders twice as high as we’ve seen since 1990.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon June 22, 2020 3:43 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Some people are trying to ascribe political motivations to the higher than normal level of pre July-4th fireworks, but this explanation seems to make more sense for the vast majority:

https://slate.com/business/2020/06/fireworks-complaints-are-way-up-in-boston-nyc-cities.html?via=recirc_recent

I knew a guy that was licensed to do firework shows as a side gig. I wouldn't be surprised if people like him that have an inventory and no one to legally sell them to might let some of them go, adding to the circulation of large mortars beyond the normal Mexican sourced imports.

PostPosted: Mon June 22, 2020 4:12 pm 
Future Drummer

I haven’t noticed more fireworks than usual, and the county I live in is basically the South Carolina of Maryland. So seems like it’s just a city thing

PostPosted: Mon June 22, 2020 4:38 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

bart wrote:
I haven’t noticed more fireworks than usual, and the county I live in is basically the South Carolina of Maryland. So seems like it’s just a city thing

A fellow old-line-stater? Nice.

PostPosted: Mon June 22, 2020 9:14 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

bart wrote:

PostPosted: Mon June 22, 2020 9:17 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue June 23, 2020 3:34 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bart wrote:

Charles?

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue June 23, 2020 11:03 am 
Looks Like a Cat

96583UP wrote:
bart wrote:

Charles?

Exactly what I was thinking. We dont have those issues here in the People's Republic.

PostPosted: Wed June 24, 2020 3:20 am 
10Club Complaint Department

I love this kind of thing:

PostPosted: Wed June 24, 2020 10:03 pm 
Poster of the Year

That was a great read.

PostPosted: Thu June 25, 2020 3:17 am 

When brainlets attack: https://patch.com/wisconsin/milwaukee/3 ... een-search

PostPosted: Fri June 26, 2020 5:08 am 
Production Police

Chuck E. Cheese files for bankruptcy
https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/25/21303 ... s-pandemic

PostPosted: Sat June 27, 2020 2:31 am 

Pretty interesting read.
https://damagemag.com/2020/06/17/the-tr ... -idealism/

I've always thought the obsession with the U.S. was strange, but the BLM protests took it to a bizarre new level.

PostPosted: Sat June 27, 2020 2:39 am 

BurtReynolds wrote:
Pretty interesting read.
https://damagemag.com/2020/06/17/the-tr ... -idealism/

I've always thought the obsession with the U.S. was strange, but the BLM protests took it to a bizarre new level.

Really interesting piece, and I’ve been puzzled by this too.

PostPosted: Sat June 27, 2020 2:44 am 

On the flip side, I've never understood Americans complete lack of interest in the rest of the world either.

PostPosted: Sat June 27, 2020 3:00 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Its was super weird yeah. One of my best friends is in favor of police brutality in Argentina but had no problem with putting the black square on Instagram with the hashtag black lives matter. I thought it was super weird...he never talked about it with me, never went to the us and never showed any interest on any racial matter, and he does hate any kind of protest here in Argentina.

Its also funny that the article talks about north america as AMERICA. First super common mistake made by someone from USA. That and not caring about anything that happens in the world.

PostPosted: Sat June 27, 2020 3:04 am 

VinylGuy wrote:
Its also funny that the article talks about north america as AMERICA. First super common mistake made by someone from USA. That and not caring about anything that happens in the world.

The author is based in Brazil and addresses his use of “America” in a footnote.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 321  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate