The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Fri June 12, 2020 4:29 pm 
Future Drummer

Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
I don't really know what it means to "take responsibility" for past racial injustices I've perpetrated.

I guess I acknowledge them, learn from them, and I haven't stopped trying to say and do things that are antiracist and socially responsible.

Saying "I take responsibility," isn't much. Plus, it almost sounds like they're taking responsibility for all societal wrongs.

That's extreme, but this kind of reminds me of the most devout religious people, who have been doing these sort of rituals with their kids forever.

PostPosted: Fri June 12, 2020 4:40 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Rob wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
I don't really know what it means to "take responsibility" for past racial injustices I've perpetrated.

I guess I acknowledge them, learn from them, and I haven't stopped trying to say and do things that are antiracist and socially responsible.

Saying "I take responsibility," isn't much. Plus, it almost sounds like they're taking responsibility for all societal wrongs.

That's extreme, but this kind of reminds me of the most devout religious people, who have been doing these sort of rituals with their kids forever.

It's almost like the Church isn't the only one using the idea an 'original sin' committed by your distant ancestors to shame and control you.

PostPosted: Fri June 12, 2020 4:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Ok Nietzsche.

PostPosted: Sat June 13, 2020 8:32 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon March 06, 2023 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri June 19, 2020 1:26 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Relevant to this board's interests

PostPosted: Fri June 19, 2020 1:33 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
White people.

jesus burt wtf man always posting chaz shit outside the chaz thread wtf man jesus

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri June 19, 2020 1:35 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon March 06, 2023 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri June 19, 2020 1:38 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

CHAZ is off-grid it doesn't deserve N&D and all it's classroom progressive propriety

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri June 19, 2020 6:57 pm 

PostPosted: Wed June 24, 2020 1:09 am 

PostPosted: Wed June 24, 2020 11:49 am 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2020/06/white-fragility-racism-racism-progressive-progressphiles-david-shor.html?__twitter_impression=true

I used to think it was funny when the left ate their own, but not so much now. This particular quote used to justify silencing those who objected to destroying this person's career for linking to a study that criticized violent protests is very troubling:

Quote:
But unfortunately, white fragility can only protect the problematic behavior you feel so defensive about; it does not demonstrate that you are an open person who has no problematic racial behavior.

This is straight out of the Soviet playbook or something from 1984. Demonstrate allegiance or else. Lots people here made a logical separation between the violent protestors and the peaceful protestors, I certainly did and still do, but apparently that itself is horrible and deserving of expulsion.

This part is crucial for many on this forum as well:

Quote:
Helping Trump get un-elected (in itself) is not going to lead to better behavior by cops, when the goal of abolitionist work isn’t to have better-trained/nicer/POC cops but to systematically dismantle the very institution of policing to begin with.

Again, people aren't being honest with themselves when they say things like "defund the police does not mean no police". Yes it fucking does, you are only pretending not to see that so that you don't have to question your own orthodoxy or worse, end up like Mr. Shor.

PostPosted: Sun June 28, 2020 12:18 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Fear the social justice karen

https://www.scarymommy.com/diet-culture-patriarchy-in-action/

PostPosted: Sun June 28, 2020 8:09 pm 

PostPosted: Sun June 28, 2020 8:31 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I was fine with all this till they came for the Golden Girls.

PostPosted: Sun June 28, 2020 8:33 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

All that tv show actor/episode correction stuff is just brand management, pure and simple. They’re rushing in to respond to an outcry that doesn’t exist, trying to second guess the next part of the cultural conversation in order to avoid becoming tomorrow's negative news story. The problem is, the people in charge don’t understand the ambitions and perceptions of “woke” culture any better than bi_3 does, so they look at this moment and draw the same misfired conclusions he does.

“Ahh, jeez, I suppose ‘cancel (insert inconsequential thing generating royalties) is next. We’d better get a jump on that.”

PostPosted: Sun June 28, 2020 11:33 pm 
Future Drummer

McParadigm wrote:
All that tv show actor/episode correction stuff is just brand management, pure and simple. They’re rushing in to respond to an outcry that doesn’t exist, trying to second guess the next part of the cultural conversation in order to avoid becoming tomorrow's negative news story. The problem is, the people in charge don’t understand the ambitions and perceptions of “woke” culture any better than bi_3 does, so they look at this moment and draw the same misfired conclusions he does.

“Ahh, jeez, I suppose ‘cancel (insert inconsequential thing generating royalties) is next. We’d better get a jump on that.”

You are not involved in a career with any sort of artistic and social media presence. The artists I know via my kid are all scared of social media but required to use it.

PostPosted: Fri July 03, 2020 8:18 pm 

PostPosted: Fri July 03, 2020 9:44 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:

I'm torn. On the one hand, I like the normalization of "y'all"

On the other, people who say "folks" should be hurled off of highrise rooftops.

30th anniversary of Pearl Jam’s Ten, “Master/Slave” will be renamed to “Leader/Follower”

PostPosted: Fri July 03, 2020 9:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

surfndestroy wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

You are not involved in a career with any sort of artistic and social media presence. The artists I know via my kid are all scared of social media but required to use it.

Why are they scared?

PostPosted: Fri July 03, 2020 9:51 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

blueviper wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

I'm torn. On the one hand, I like the normalization of "y'all"

On the other, people who say "folks" should be hurled off of highrise rooftops.

30th anniversary of Pearl Jam’s Ten, “Master/Slave” will be renamed to “Leader/Follower”

RIP to my first RM username.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 135  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate