The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 06, 2020 1:59 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Listened to San Diego 2009. Good show, enjoyed it a lot. Had it playing while building a fire pit in the back yard. My first boot with Force of Nature on it - was not disappointed.

PostPosted: Wed April 08, 2020 8:00 pm 
A Return To Form

Sao Paulo I 2005: that was a pleasant surprise. This show never gets talked about but it was excellent. Sure, the setlist is nothing special and it's a short show but they play really good here...

PostPosted: Fri April 10, 2020 3:51 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Listened to the Vic 2007 show for the first time yesterday. Great show. Stone absolutely shreds the Indifference at the end. Loved how he played it a bit more "bluesy"(?) than the subdued mellow ways I was more accustomed to hearing. Really enjoyed this show and the way that the setlist was all over the place.

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 7:31 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Self Pollution Radio

PostPosted: Mon April 13, 2020 12:24 am 
10Club Complaint Department

MSG II ‘98 (new source found on reddit). For those who’ve yet to downtown this the audio for Ed’s vox are really good. :nice:

PostPosted: Mon April 13, 2020 2:19 am 
jeeeesus relax already

dad wrote:
MSG II ‘98 (new source found on reddit). For those who’ve yet to downtown this the audio for Ed’s vox are really good. :nice:

Its pretty good...loved Hail, Hail and Faithful so far.

PostPosted: Mon April 13, 2020 1:41 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

DissidentRival4 wrote:
Listened to the Vic 2007 show for the first time yesterday. Great show. Stone absolutely shreds the Indifference at the end. Loved how he played it a bit more "bluesy"(?) than the subdued mellow ways I was more accustomed to hearing. Really enjoyed this show and the way that the setlist was all over the place.

I just recently got this one. I renewed my membership and got the code for a bootleg and since I didn't have any shows from 2007, I thought why not? I've only listened to the first half so far and it's an odd one. Starting the gig with All or None then into Education, then into Sad is different but I liked it. Looking forward to listening to the rest this week.

PostPosted: Sat April 18, 2020 9:31 pm 
A Return To Form

San Francisco 2009. No need to talk about that one...:) Ed struggles with his voice throughout the show (he even mentions it) and there's quite a bit of sloppy playing too.

PostPosted: Mon April 20, 2020 7:49 pm 
A Return To Form

Tampa 2008. Holy shit! And i mean this in the most negative way possible. :shake: A bad performance combined with an absolutely atrocious mix, there you go...

PostPosted: Mon April 20, 2020 8:25 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

raven2001 wrote:
Tampa 2008. Holy shit! And i mean this in the most negative way possible. :shake: A bad performance combined with an absolutely atrocious mix, there you go...

I think that was the worst boot i ever heard. Ed is awful.

PostPosted: Mon April 20, 2020 8:35 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

VinylGuy wrote:
dad wrote:

Its pretty good...loved Hail, Hail and Faithful so far.

This one is next up for me. Really excited to hear this new source, especially with having been there that night.

Just finished listening to the secret show at Slim's from May of 1993. There are a lot of slip-ups here, but it's to be expected since this was the first live run for a lot of these songs. A lot of energy though, and it takes me back to being a lot younger and getting this boot on cassette and being over the moon for it.

PostPosted: Mon April 20, 2020 8:41 pm 
A Return To Form

VinylGuy wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

Yeah, the boot sometimes sounds lika a raw soundboard feed that hasn't been mixed/mastered at all. Terrible...

PostPosted: Mon April 20, 2020 8:44 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

raven2001 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

Yeah, the boot sometimes sounds lika a raw soundboard feed that hasn't been mixed/mastered at all. Terrible...

It sounds awful...i remember i printed a great looking cover for it and then listened to it and thought fuck i dont want to listen to that again never.
The mix is awful, Matt´s drums are weird, there is no groove and Ed´s voice is a trainwreck.

Most of the 2008 is like that to me.

PostPosted: Tue April 21, 2020 8:31 pm 
Future Drummer

I decided to revisit the 2003 US spring tour. I am up to New Orleans. Besides making the mixes i've made, funny fact, I have never listened to alot of these full shows more than once. Early things I've noticed.

-Ed, in particular, seemed really pissed about the whole Bush impaling mask act for the first few shows after the so called incident.
- Black was so different when this tour started, they let Boom really play around alot on the song.
- They really relied on material for Binaural, Riot Act and Yield, some of these setlists, you will never see again.
-Wishlist, which really nowadays is let's just get through it song by the band, really stood out back in 03.

PostPosted: Wed April 22, 2020 12:36 pm 
Future Drummer

Has anyone else noticed that the Chicago 95 vault bootleg is mastered horribly, with the bass jacked up and the treble completely rolled off?

It sounds like dog shit!

A simple re-equalization improves the sound dramatically, as the mix itself is fine, perfect even.

Who's the complete retard who mastered that one?

PostPosted: Wed April 22, 2020 4:33 pm 
AnalLog

lowlight79 wrote:
I decided to revisit the 2003 US spring tour. I am up to New Orleans. Besides making the mixes i've made, funny fact, I have never listened to alot of these full shows more than once. Early things I've noticed.

-Ed, in particular, seemed really pissed about the whole Bush impaling mask act for the first few shows after the so called incident.
- Black was so different when this tour started, they let Boom really play around alot on the song.
- They really relied on material for Binaural, Riot Act and Yield, some of these setlists, you will never see again.
-Wishlist, which really nowadays is let's just get through it song by the band, really stood out back in 03.

So cool that you are starting there. April 2003 is definitely the top ten tours for this band. My first show was Birmingham and even with Ed sick, they just sounded so good. That is what I am listening to today, thanks to you.

I hope you write back in when you get to that Daughter from West Palm Beach!

PostPosted: Wed April 22, 2020 6:35 pm 
Future Drummer

Hatfield wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

So cool that you are starting there. April 2003 is definitely the top ten tours for this band. My first show was Birmingham and even with Ed sick, they just sounded so good. That is what I am listening to today, thanks to you.

I am on my way to the Birmingham show as I write this. I'll try to do a little write up every 5 shows or show.

By the way, does anyone have the encore of the HOB orlando show from Blue, Red and Grey on?

PostPosted: Wed April 22, 2020 7:03 pm 
The Master

lowlight79 wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

I am on my way to the Birmingham show as I write this. I'll try to do a little write up every 5 shows or show.

By the way, does anyone have the encore of the HOB orlando show from Blue, Red and Grey on?

PostPosted: Wed April 22, 2020 7:19 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

Thanks!, even better I can watch it.

PostPosted: Wed April 22, 2020 8:18 pm 
AnalLog

lowlight79 wrote:

Just the ferocity of Go>Save You>STBC is astounding. Matt and Stone are on it right from the start, like a locomotive about to run right off the tracks!

Good call about Wishlist. I forgot it was in the 15 spot in Birmingham. It got even better as the tour made it's way into July. (I know you know all this better than I do ;) )

A radio station was protesting this show and passing out american flags as people walked in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live