The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 286  Next
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 8:54 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:
Our 2 local breweries are doing free delivery if you order over $40 (easily), same day if you order before noon. :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li:

Time to crack the first of many.

Fuck that's awesome!

A few of our local breweries are doing the same. So is my local liquor store. They actually made up a quick order form you can fill in on their website so you don’t even have to call. It’s baller AF.

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 8:56 pm 
AnalLog

PHATJ wrote:
ghost wrote:
Been drinking a lot of Summit Slugfest and Goose Island So-Lo while under quarantine.

I’ve been drinking a lot of Summit Twenty-One and Saga.

I'm sure you know this but they have a sampler case that has Saga, 21, Slugfest, and some elderflower IPA that isn't too bad. Can't beat it.

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 8:57 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:
Our 2 local breweries are doing free delivery if you order over $40 (easily), same day if you order before noon. :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li:

Fuck that's awesome!

A few of our local breweries are doing the same. So is my local liquor store. They actually made up a quick order form you can fill in on their website so you don’t even have to call. It’s baller AF.

The longer this goes the more I hate New York. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:00 pm 
Future Drummer

PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:

Fuck that's awesome!

Yeah, the breweries both do it over the web. And maintain physical distancing by doing a drop and knock.
Liquor stores in Ontario are government run so their website sucks balls and delivery is by Canada Post :sigh: :shake:

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PA was a bit tricky for quarantine because the state-run liquor and wine distributors closed really early and you can't ship from out of state (legally). The beer distributors are allowed to deliver, so we'd been doing that for a bit, but now we've taken to buying gin, vodka, and bourbon from some local distillers who deliver to your door. That combined with crowler pick-ups from the brewery around the corner, and I honestly can't see myself going back to doing beer runs after this. It's so easy.

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:05 pm 
Future Drummer

darth_vedder wrote:
I can't get enough of the NE / hazy / juicy IPAs. They totally renewed my love for IPAs. I was kinda getting sick of them until this trend took off.

I'm and IPA lover as well. Have you tried Brut IPAs? I'm starting the evening with one

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:07 pm 

ghost wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
ghost wrote:
Been drinking a lot of Summit Slugfest and Goose Island So-Lo while under quarantine.

I'm sure you know this but they have a sampler case that has Saga, 21, Slugfest, and some elderflower IPA that isn't too bad. Can't beat it.

I do know! :D Summit is a local brewery here so we get all those fun variety packs throughout the year. Saga has been a staple beer for me for many years. Twenty-One is brand new and I prefer it to Slugfest, although I like that one too. I haven’t had the other one yet, but I’m sure I will soon. Fun to hear someone else enjoying Summit.

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:08 pm 
Future Drummer

Mickey wrote:
PA was a bit tricky for quarantine because the state-run liquor and wine distributors closed really early and you can't ship from out of state (legally). The beer distributors are allowed to deliver, so we'd been doing that for a bit, but now we've taken to buying gin, vodka, and bourbon from some local distillers who deliver to your door. That combined with crowler pick-ups from the brewery around the corner, and I honestly can't see myself going back to doing beer runs after this. It's so easy.

I don't think they will be allowed to continue with home deliveries after the corona is vanquished and we all get back to normal.

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:12 pm 
AnalLog

PHATJ wrote:
ghost wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
ghost wrote:

I do know! :D Summit is a local brewery here so we get all those fun variety packs throughout the year. Saga has been a staple beer for me for many years. Twenty-One is brand new and I prefer it to Slugfest, although I like that one too. I haven’t had the other one yet, but I’m sure I will soon. Fun to hear someone else enjoying Summit.

I'm just over the border in WI. Been enjoying Summit and Surly for years. Anything else I should look for?

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

doone wrote:
Mickey wrote:

I don't think they will be allowed to continue with home deliveries after the corona is vanquished and we all get back to normal.

As far as I understand the local liquor places have always offered delivery, we've just never taken advantage of it because we knew nothing about PA spirits. But they're surprisingly good. I knew the beer place delivered, I just didn't want to pay delivery fees, but I'm starting to think it's worth it.

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:26 pm 

ghost wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
ghost wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
ghost wrote:

I'm just over the border in WI. Been enjoying Summit and Surly for years. Anything else I should look for?

Oh. My. Gosh! There is so much! Where in WI are ya? A couple of my favorite breweries are in Sconnieville too.

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:27 pm 
Polluted

Treehouse house contactless pickup, but you have to buy a case that they put together for you. Nothing they brew is bad, but I don't want any stouts. I suppose it's worth a few stouts if I can stock my fridge with Julius, Haze, and Green.

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:28 pm 

Self wrote:
Treehouse house contactless pickup, but you have to buy a case that they put together for you. Nothing they brew is bad, but I don't want any stouts. I suppose it's worth a few stouts if I can stock my fridge with Julius, Haze, and Green.

Um, yeah, duh.

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:41 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:

Fuck that's awesome!

It looks like there's delivery services in Brooklyn, or do you mean the lack of local places?

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:59 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:

Fuck that's awesome!

TapRm currently has a $25 minimum for free delivery I believe.

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 10:16 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:

Fuck that's awesome!

Yeah, I know. Thanks team. I was trying to be ironic. :lol:

The issue isn't access. It's more of a cost v quality thing.

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 10:33 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:

Fuck that's awesome!

Yeah, I know. Thanks team. I was trying to be ironic. :lol:

The issue isn't access. It's more of a cost v quality thing.

"I know Gerry. I was being ironical."

PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 10:34 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Everyone's very worried about you Joe. We know how you get when you don't drink.

PostPosted: Sat April 18, 2020 2:52 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat April 18, 2020 4:53 am 
Future Drummer

PHATJ wrote:
Self wrote:

Um, yeah, duh.

I might get roasted for this but I feel like Tree House, as awesome as it is, and inspired the NEIPA style, is widely available now. I live in CT and feel like I've gone from getting a couple good 4-packs to enjoy sparingly to only drinking the good stuff since it's so easy now with the online pay/contactless pick up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 286  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining