The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support

Post subject: Re: iPad won't restore
PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:43 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Sorry if I can't help you. You do seem to be about where you started.

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling itunes?

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:44 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Anders wrote:
96583UP wrote:
Anders wrote:
96583UP wrote:
Anders wrote:
https://setapp.com/how-to/reset-ipad

I would try doing a full reset, after charging for a while with a charger first. If it's important that you restore it, then try that via your mac later.

There are different ways of doing a reset, depending on what is going on. The link above explains different scenarios.

thanks. it's at the point where when i turn it on - it just says to connect it to a mac to do a restore

then when i connect it to the mac it just always gets stuck at 'your mac is preparing to restore the software on this ipad'

If possible, do a hard reset instead. Reject their question about restoring.

when I hard reset (power + home button), then turn it back on - it says 'support.apple.com/ipad/restore' and has a picture of a cord going into iTunes

This is what is says there: If you still see the Restore screen after you restart, you need to reinstall iOS or iPadOS:

On your Mac, make sure that you’ve installed the latest software updates (including iTunes if you have MacOS Mojave or earlier).
Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with your device. You should see this message: "There's a problem with the [your device name] that requires it to be updated or restored."
Click Update (not Restore) to reinstall iOS or iPadOS and keep your personal data.

yes, it is plugged in now, and the status bar on the iPad never fills. on the Mac, it just says 'your Mac is preparing to update the software on this iPad' .... i let it sit like this earlier for like an hour and nothing happened

will give it another shot. maybe the Anders effect will change things

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:45 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Anders wrote:

i dont seem to have iTunes on my macbook ... didnt they discontinue it?

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I also found this:

If it is no convenient for you to use computer or iTunes to get iPad out of recovery mode, you can simply use iPad embedded buttons to solve this issue.

1. Press and hold Home and Power button on iPad for 10 seconds and release the buttons until the screen turns off.

2. Hold Home and Power button again for 8 seconds till you see the Apple logo, then release them after the iPhone screen turns off.

3. Press and hold Home and Power button for 20 seconds, release Power and hold Home button for 8 seconds;

4. 20 seconds later, release Home button and your iPad shall load normally again.

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:47 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

96583UP wrote:
Anders wrote:

i dont seem to have iTunes on my macbook ... didnt they discontinue it?

No. I've got iTunes. You should get iTunes then, and that should fix it.

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:48 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Anders wrote:
I also found this:

If it is no convenient for you to use computer or iTunes to get iPad out of recovery mode, you can simply use iPad embedded buttons to solve this issue.

1. Press and hold Home and Power button on iPad for 10 seconds and release the buttons until the screen turns off.

2. Hold Home and Power button again for 8 seconds till you see the Apple logo, then release them after the iPhone screen turns off.

3. Press and hold Home and Power button for 20 seconds, release Power and hold Home button for 8 seconds;

4. 20 seconds later, release Home button and your iPad shall load normally again.

yes i tried this earlier .. kind of like the code from Contra .... just cant seem to get this to work

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:50 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I see. I would at least try to download Itunes, and then plug in your ipad with your charger cable, to your mac.

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 7:42 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

9up, PM me your iCloud login details. I can sort it from this end.

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support