The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support

Post subject: iPad won't restore
PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 4:31 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i have an iPad that froze up while doing zoom

i bought it in 2018 and not sure what version - just says 'iPad'

I went through the steps to try to update / restore it, and when i hook it up to my laptop - it always just gets stuck saying 'your mac is preparing to restore the software on this ipad' .... was like that for an hour

the iPad showed a screen as though a status bar would begin to load, but the status bar just stayed empty forever

my mac is fully up-to-date on software updates

help me RM-wan kenobi

you're my only hope

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

Post subject: Re: iPad won't restore
PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 4:36 am 
Production Police

Super producer Josh Evans could probably fix it

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 4:44 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

he probably could

i wonder what his go-to is for studio sandwich pickup

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 4:49 am 
Production Police

96583UP wrote:
he probably could

i wonder what his go-to is for studio sandwich pickup

Uberblood Wolfmoon

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:06 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

https://setapp.com/how-to/reset-ipad

I would try doing a full reset, after charging for a while with a charger first. If it's important that you restore it, then try that via your mac later.

There are different ways of doing a reset, depending on what is going on. The link above explains different scenarios.

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:12 am 
Production Police

That shit is bushleague, Anders! Do you think super producer Josh Evans executed a hard reset of Pearl Jam?!

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:25 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

it's definitely time for a WWJED thread (what would josh evans do)

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:25 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i would make it but it would probably get moved / locked / result in childish name-calling

but if you do it, YOU DO IT, then - oh well - sheesh - it will be totally brilliant / cool / acceptable / not moving / not locking MR PERFECT

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:26 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
That shit is bushleague, Anders! Do you think super producer Josh Evans executed a hard reset of Pearl Jam?!

It was hard all right.

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:29 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Anders wrote:

I would try doing a full reset, after charging for a while with a charger first. If it's important that you restore it, then try that via your mac later.

There are different ways of doing a reset, depending on what is going on. The link above explains different scenarios.

thanks. it's at the point where when i turn it on - it just says to connect it to a mac to do a restore

then when i connect it to the mac it just always gets stuck at 'your mac is preparing to restore the software on this ipad'

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:32 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

96583UP wrote:
Anders wrote:

thanks. it's at the point where when i turn it on - it just says to connect it to a mac to do a restore

then when i connect it to the mac it just always gets stuck at 'your mac is preparing to restore the software on this ipad'

If possible, do a hard reset instead. Reject their question about restoring.

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:33 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Throw the ipad in the bin. Buy an android tablet.

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:34 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Anders wrote:
96583UP wrote:
Anders wrote:

when I hard reset (power + home button), then turn it back on - it says 'support.apple.com/ipad/restore' and has a picture of a cord going into iTunes

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:35 am 
Production Police

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Throw the ipad in the bin. Buy an android tablet.

Ok Russia

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:39 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i already have a new iPad en route

i can't live on lockdown without an iphone, ipad, macbook air, and imac

the horror

NEVER STOP JAMMING!

now all the apple stores are closed too because China

NEVER STOP JAMMING!

oh fuck i wonder if my new iPad is coming from China

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:40 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

it says it will arrive tomorrow so can't possibly be coming from Jina

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:40 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Thanks Anders for the advice - I appreciate the offers of help

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 5:41 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

96583UP wrote:
Anders wrote:
96583UP wrote:
Anders wrote:

when I hard reset (power + home button), then turn it back on - it says 'support.apple.com/ipad/restore' and has a picture of a cord going into iTunes

This is what is says there: If you still see the Restore screen after you restart, you need to reinstall iOS or iPadOS:

On your Mac, make sure that you’ve installed the latest software updates (including iTunes if you have MacOS Mojave or earlier).
Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with your device. You should see this message: "There's a problem with the [your device name] that requires it to be updated or restored."
Click Update (not Restore) to reinstall iOS or iPadOS and keep your personal data.

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support