The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Wed January 15, 2020 9:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i totally get why there's a hall of fame. it's just a human thing to do. there's a hall of fame for everything. toys. mining. pinball. even kites! the weird thing to me is how worked up people get over it.

PostPosted: Wed January 15, 2020 9:30 pm 
Production Police

bodysnatcher wrote:
i totally get why there's a hall of fame. it's just a human thing to do. there's a hall of fame for everything. toys. mining. pinball. even kites! the weird thing to me is how worked up people get over it.

if only we had an RM Hall Of Fame

PostPosted: Wed January 15, 2020 11:12 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I don’t know why I care, or even sure I really do. For a band like Soundgarden, I think they deserve to be recognized for what they created and the meaning they had to a particular time and place. Am I heartbroken? No. I am not in the band or anything. I don’t need my aged bands to get validation from some body of experts, but somehow I think it nice if they were.

PostPosted: Wed January 15, 2020 11:36 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Dave Matthews band fans are upset

PostPosted: Wed January 15, 2020 11:39 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, i mean of course SG belongs there. I think they will enter in the future...but there are so many bands that were shut, its no surprise...NIN was elegible in 2016 and they are entering this year...Motorhead is not there....fuck, Janes Addiction was nominated a few year ago and never again...

PostPosted: Thu January 16, 2020 3:48 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

In other news, CNN headline says Bon Jovi is releasing a new album. I dared not click on the link for fear of a virus...not a computer virus - I was afraid of throwing up.

PostPosted: Thu January 16, 2020 4:18 pm 
Gone

liebzz wrote:
In other news, CNN headline says Bon Jovi is releasing a new album. I dared not click on the link for fear of a virus...not a computer virus - I was afraid of throwing up.

I have a co worker who loves bon Jovi!!

PostPosted: Thu January 16, 2020 4:20 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

verb_to_trust wrote:
liebzz wrote:

I have friends that like them...I am not a Bon Jovist - but they are one of maybe 5 or 6 rock bands that I actively despise.

PostPosted: Thu January 16, 2020 4:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

verb_to_trust wrote:
liebzz wrote:

I'm not ride or die for Bon Jovi. But he's got a run of records that I adore and listen to fondly. Kevin Davis knows what I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Thu January 16, 2020 5:16 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

durdencommatyler wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
liebzz wrote:

I'm not ride or die for Bon Jovi. But he's got a run of records that I adore and listen to fondly. Kevin Davis knows what I'm talking about.

Oh, they are apparently touring with Bryan Adams. Can the world handle Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and It’s My Life on the same night!?

PostPosted: Thu January 16, 2020 5:54 pm 
tl;dr

theplatypus wrote:
Soundgarden did not get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year. I was certain they'd get voted in.

https://www.stereogum.com/2070028/nine- ... m=referral

They probably feel like they met their dour '90's alt-rock quota for the year with NIN.

durdencommatyler wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
liebzz wrote:

Bon Jovi's "Cross Road" is my childhood in a time capsule. I can't help loving it.

PostPosted: Thu January 16, 2020 6:20 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I always liked Lay Your Hands on Me and Runaway. But when they released Bad Medicine, that song made me think they were going full on hair metal. Never really kept up with them after the 80's, though

PostPosted: Thu January 16, 2020 6:48 pm 
Gone

Jesus Christ guys...

PostPosted: Sat January 25, 2020 1:47 am 
10Club Complaint Department

This is awful news, Juan Alderete (Racer X, Mars Volta, lately Marilyn Manson) is in a coma following a bike accident.

I've been watching his gear demo videos for years.

https://www.facebook.com/JuanAldereteBa ... tn__=EHH-R

Quote:
Hi everyone - this is Anne, Juan's wife. While I generally hesitate to share personal details on social media, it felt right to include all of you who've supported Juan over the years as friends, fans, fellow music (and food, cat, bike, Japan) lovers and musicians.

Juan was in a solo (no cars, other people) and very serious bicycle accident on 1/13/20 not far from our home. He - as always - was wearing a helmet and protective clothing but sustained serious head trauma in the form of a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI); his form of TBI is Diffuse Axonal Injury (DAI) and as of today, he remains in a coma.

The only prognosis is to wait and see, as the brain is a complicated organ and the outcomes for DAI patients has a range as wide as the sea. While frustrating, it also allows for a world of positive outcomes so we can only hope for the best.
We know you have questions, concerns, thoughts to share, so please feel free to leave them in the comments (not DM please, sorry) here. We're also very eager to hear from neurologists, medical professionals with experience in DAI and TBI, first-person accounts of similar trauma and outcomes - essentially any useful, factual and accurate resources that relate to Juan's injury. If you have any of these, please DM me (Anne) @tunatoast.

We will post updates here from time to time. Thank you all and please keep Juan in your thoughts. - xo, Anne

PostPosted: Sun February 02, 2020 12:50 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I was not expecting a new Incubus song today, but sure.

PostPosted: Sun February 02, 2020 12:57 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Kevin Davis wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Soundgarden did not get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year. I was certain they'd get voted in.

https://www.stereogum.com/2070028/nine- ... m=referral

They probably feel like they met their dour '90's alt-rock quota for the year with NIN.

durdencommatyler wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
liebzz wrote:

Bon Jovi's "Cross Road" is my childhood in a time capsule. I can't help loving it.

My wife's a huge Bon Jovi fan.

PostPosted: Sun February 02, 2020 3:36 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I've often thought about adapting the songs on New Jersey into a film script.

PostPosted: Sun February 02, 2020 3:49 am 
AnalLog

Something interesting for those involved in engineering/production/etc.: https://qz.com/1788828/how-will-midi-2-0-change-music/

MIDI 2.0 has just come out, the first major update to the system and it apparently reduces lag time between interface and increases resolution for sound quantization allowing for a better interface between MIDI devices and stringed instruments, as well as opening up the system to different tuning and tonal systems such as those used in Eastern music.

PostPosted: Sun February 02, 2020 4:07 am 
Production Police

Microtonal midi could be pretty awesome...

PostPosted: Tue March 31, 2020 9:25 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Quote:
Adam Schlesinger Of Fountains Of Wayne In Coma, On Ventilator Because Of Coronavirus

Adam Schlesinger, an Emmy and Grammy winner and Oscar nominee, as well as a leader of the pop band Fountains of Wayne, is reportedly in a medically induced coma and on a ventilator after contracting the coronavirus.

The 52-year-old pop savant has three Emmys and a Grammy in his collection, and an Oscar nomination for “That Thing That You Do,” the title track to the 1996 Tom Hanks-directed film. He has three Emmys and a Grammy for his work as a producer, engineer and songwriter.

In addition to film, his resume includes TV (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Sesame Street), theater (Cry-Baby: The Musical) and his work with Fountains of Wayne, whose hit Stacey’s Mom was No. 21 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2003.

“Sad news friends,” reads a post from an Ivy fan account, which said Schlesinger was on a ventilator for two weeks and is now in a medically-induced coma. “We send our prayers to him, his family and doctors,” the post said.

Very sad, doesn't sound great for the guy.

I always liked the singles from that first Fountains of Wayne record a lot, perfect 90s fuzz-pop:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 57  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands