The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27706 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372 ... 1386  Next

Rank Lightning Bolt
5 stars 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
4 stars 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
3 stars 39%  39%  [ 20 ]
2 stars 35%  35%  [ 18 ]
1 star 18%  18%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 51
 Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt - October 15
PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:32 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

I guess in the end, the only things I'm truly worried about are Sirens and the "more produced than Backspacer" comment. It's funny that he says that at the end, but doesn't comment on any particular production issues throughout. Like, I expected "The piano really is fucking awful" at least somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:33 pm 
AnalLog

Also when I first heard Johnny G I thought "Wow, this is so 1980", and then "Daaayum I'm lovin what I'm hearin, yes I am!"

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:33 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Hipsters...

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:35 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Lets not forget Pit members are usually only super fans of the really obvious stuff(10,vs) and generally aren't the most open minded of people. We have no idea what these 'reviewers' favourite Pj songs are and also the room was loud. If it made them feel disappointed, personally I'm encouraged.

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:36 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

harmless wrote:
I guess in the end, the only things I'm truly worried about are Sirens and the "more produced than Backspacer" comment. It's funny that he says that at the end, but doesn't comment on any particular production issues throughout. Like, I expected "The piano really is fucking awful" at least somewhere.

Yeah, the Sirens critique is a bit of a letdown too. I was hoping that would be a big song, but I've always had it in my mind that it will probably be much closer in execution to Come Back than Black.

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:36 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

So what song has hand claps in it?

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:37 pm 
AnalLog

dimejinky99 wrote:
Lets not forget Pit members are usually only super fans of the really obvious stuff(10,vs) and generally aren't the most open minded of people. We have no idea what these 'reviewers' favourite Pj songs are and also the room was loud. If it made them feel disappointed, personally I'm encouraged.
I'm not sure I'm buying the "Pit member" stereotype anymore... Many of them seem to know their music, based off what I read there today.

Last edited by Lounge Lizard on Tue September 03, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

expectations on the floor.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Leaked Of The Earth artwork

Forgive me if I'm being gullible here, but where did this come from? Cool image.

Poster of the Year

Rangi Guy wrote:
So what song has hand claps in it?

Get Right. :bammer:

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:38 pm 

EJ wrote:
harmless wrote:

Yeah, the Sirens critique is a bit of a letdown too. I was hoping that would be a big song, but I've always had it in my mind that it will probably be much closer in execution to Come Back than Black.

I knew the comparison to 'Black' was a red herring because I remember the same comparisons being made with Inside Job.

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:38 pm 
AnalLog

Thejambi wrote:
Interesting.
Things I find exciting:
1. Pit member isn't that thrilled
2. Reference to boredom
3. Drum and vocal verse
4. MYM is the fastest song

Things I find worrisome:
1. Over produced
2. Sleeping By Myself

Optimism up 2 ticks.

:thumbsup: My sentiments exactly, especially the part about a Pit member being bored, cause their "boring" songs are usually my favs. For the life of me I still don't understand the inclusion of Sleeping By Myself and I haven't even heard this version yet. Why the FUCK would you put that on instead of something like Of The Earth. I don't care if OTE doesn't "fit," it's a proven song live dammit!

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:39 pm 
AnalLog

bluestate wrote:

Forgive me if I'm being gullible here, but where did this come from? Cool image.

artsy aint it?
stumbled across this one on tumblr

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:39 pm 

Lounge Lizard wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
I'm not sure I'm buying the "Pit member" stereotype anymore... Many of them seem to know their music, based off what I read there today.

Same here. I've been there for a while today, and there are quite a few who don't like Backspacer.

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:40 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

harmless wrote:
EJ wrote:
harmless wrote:

I knew the comparison to 'Black' was a red herring because I remember the same comparisons being made with Inside Job.

True, and the guy did qualify what he meant when he compared it to Black. He just meant a really big song, that gripped him like no song has since Black.

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:40 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

I'm hoping for a better review sooner rather than later... or else I'm going to regret reading those comments for the rest of the day

And when I say a "better" review, I don't mean a more favorable one, I just mean a more detailed and descriptive insight...

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:41 pm 
Future Drummer

And hey, now that it sounds like the soundcheck song might be Infallible, can't everyone who kind of heard Ed singing "swallowed hole" somewhere in there hear "infallible" instead?

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:42 pm 

bluestate wrote:
I'm hoping for a better review sooner rather than later... or else I'm going to regret reading those comments for the rest of the day

And when I say a "better" review, I don't mean a more favorable one, I just mean a more detailed and descriptive insight...

I can't see me doing much sleeping tonight.

Someone hold me.

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:43 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Jaeti wrote:
And hey, now that it sounds like the soundcheck song might be Infallible, can't everyone who kind of heard Ed singing "swallowed hole" somewhere in there hear "infallible" instead?

I think he's saying "Jungle Oats."

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 7:45 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

For the record... Ive been on the pit for a long time now and the majority of them tend to praise Yield more than anything :)

Any word on if those Self Titled B-sides are on Lightning Bolt in some form?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27706 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372 ... 1386  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam