The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2019 6:41 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Better Call Saul is back on February 23, 2020

:hooray:

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2019 6:55 pm 
Major Dude

Fuck yeah

PostPosted: Sat November 23, 2019 3:16 am 
mXn

Watched El Camino today. Enjoyed it. Loved that overhead apartment tossing shot also.

Paused it several times to Google several characters that I had completely forgotten about.

I still don’t remember Jesse being captured and I don’t get the opening scene at the riverbank with Mike (when did that happen?). How did Jesse escape from Todd?

All I really remember about the end of BB is that Hank got killed and there was something about a poison plant.

PostPosted: Sat November 23, 2019 7:20 pm 
mXn

I also don’t understand why Skinny sent the other stoner guy in the blue car down to Mexico to “lose” the car and hitchhike back.

PostPosted: Sat November 23, 2019 8:01 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Bammer wrote:
I also don’t understand why Skinny sent the other stoner guy in the blue car down to Mexico to “lose” the car and hitchhike back.

To make it look like Jesse fled to Mexico.

PostPosted: Sat November 23, 2019 9:33 pm 
mXn

durdencommatyler wrote:
Bammer wrote:

To make it look like Jesse fled to Mexico.

:idea:

:fistbump:

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 3:34 am 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Tue April 28, 2020 5:33 am 
Broken Tamborine

PostPosted: Sun June 28, 2020 7:32 pm 
Champion of RM

Bammer wrote:
Watched El Camino today. Enjoyed it. Loved that overhead apartment tossing shot also.

Paused it several times to Google several characters that I had completely forgotten about.

I still don’t remember Jesse being captured and I don’t get the opening scene at the riverbank with Mike (when did that happen?). How did Jesse escape from Todd?

All I really remember about the end of BB is that Hank got killed and there was something about a poison plant.

Jesse got captured right after the shoot out that killed Hank. They didn’t kill him in the desert because they wanted to know what he told to Hank and Steve. They didn’t kill him after that since the quality of their meth kept dropping and Lydia was unwilling to continue to export a shitty product. They caged him and forced him to cook.

Mike died on a riverbank. I was unsure if that was sopposed to be that same riverbank. Jessie escaped Todd when Walt killed Jack and his crew in the BB finale’.

My only question, and it’s pretty irrelevant is, was Kandy Welding sopposed to be the same property as Vomonos Pest? You know, the next tenant?

Last edited by CopperTom on Sun June 28, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun June 28, 2020 7:36 pm 
Champion of RM

After a complete BB rewatch, I have absolutely no problems with The Fly. I previously was very critical of this episode.

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 10:26 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

CopperTom wrote:
After a complete BB rewatch, I have absolutely no problems with The Fly. I previously was very critical of this episode.

:hooray:

PostPosted: Wed July 01, 2020 12:21 am 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Fly is great.

PostPosted: Sat July 30, 2022 6:00 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Albuquerque Honors ‘Breaking Bad’ Meth Duo With Bronze Statue

“No doubt some folks are going to say, ‘Wow, just what our city needed.’ And I get that,” creator Vince Gilligan says at unveiling ceremony

By DANIEL KREPS

Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul pose with bronze statues at the Albuquerque Convention Center on July 29, 2022 in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Photo by Sam Wasson/Getty Images

The city of Albuquerque paid tribute to its most infamous (fictional) meth manufacturers Friday with the unveiling of a statue dedicated to Breaking Bad.

Actors Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, who played Walter White and Jesse Pinkman on the acclaimed series, along with Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan were on hand at Albuquerque Convention Center for the ceremony.

The bronze statue — which was commissioned by Sony Pictures Television, and not New Mexico taxpayers’ money — captures White in his “Heisenberg” stance alongside his protege Pinkman.

“No doubt some folks are going to say, ‘Wow, just what our city needed.’ And I get that,” Gilligan said at the ceremony. “I see two of the finest actors America has ever produced. I see them, in character, as two larger-than-life tragic figures, cautionary tales.”

Joining the Breaking Bad crew at the unveiling was Albuquerque Mayor Tim Keller, who said the statue was less a celebration of methamphetamine dealers in the addiction-ravaged city and more a symbol of New Mexico’s burgeoning film and television industry, which he dubbed “Tamale-wood,” the Associated Press reports.

"While the stories might be fictional … jobs are real every single day,” Keller said. “The city is also a character. … We see ourselves in so many ways, good and bad.”

Also attending the ceremony was Breaking Bad‘s Dean Norris and actress Rhea Seehorn, who co-stars on the Breaking Bad prequel series (and Albuquerque-shot) Better Call Saul; as previously reported, Cranston and Paul will reprise their now-bronzed characters on an upcoming episode of Better Call Saul’s final season.

PostPosted: Sat July 30, 2022 6:35 pm 
Major Dude

How do you not include Saul Goodman in that?

PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2023 7:37 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

So years ago I started watching Breaking Bad, but I never got past season 3. Recently started rewatching and just finished season 2.

I wasn’t involved in the discourse at the time, so I was curious what others thought: this time through, I was 100% positive that Walt let Jane choke on her own vomit instead of trying to save her, because he knew Jesse would be dependent on him. It wasn’t easy for him, but he did it out of necessity. I think during my initial watch, I read him as more shocked and unsure of what to do next. But I’m more curious about the finale—did Q make those planes crash on purpose? Again, on my initial watch, I think I chalked it up to stress, but this time through, it seemed like he had more than enough time to divert them. I’m reading it as more malicious and as a way to strike back against a world that’s been so unfair to him.

PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2023 7:44 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Um, yes.

PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2023 8:12 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Um, thanks!

PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2023 8:46 pm 
slower than 82% of US

I don’t know if Walt let Jane die to make Jesse depend on him, but more as he saw that as an out for the threat to his secret life that she was blackmailing him for.

I don’t think Jane’s dad did it on purpose. My read was the call sign being Jane was distracting enough to make him lose focus

PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2023 8:53 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Mecca wrote:
I don’t know if Walt let Jane die to make Jesse depend on him, but more as he saw that as an out for the threat to his secret life that she was blackmailing him for.

I don’t think Jane’s dad did it on purpose. My read was the call sign being Jane was distracting enough to make him lose focus

Both possible. I thought a lot about Walt’s “Why me?” speech and was wondering if Q was having similar thoughts at the time. There’s a lot of doubling in this season, so both of them choosing violence (by doing nothing) would be another match.

PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2023 10:45 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Simple Torture wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Both possible. I thought a lot about Walt’s “Why me?” speech and was wondering if Q was having similar thoughts at the time. There’s a lot of doubling in this season, so both of them choosing violence (by doing nothing) would be another match.

I feel like you might be confirmation biased. Don Margolis is just one of many people negatively impacted by Walt breaking bad; the line to follow is that Walt’s actions caused that plane crash. There’s some coincidental connection that the audience knows Walt is being blackmailed by this guy’s daughter and without going back to watch, I feel like he speaks about Jesse in a parental way to Don, so there’s the parallel of Jesse and Jane’s parental figures having a drink together without knowing it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment