The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: The all-new rank your shows thread
PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2019 6:16 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Way too fried at the moment to go back and try to remember every show I've seen

Chances are you've already done this no less than 6 times in various other threads over the years of your RM tenure. It's OK.

Yeah but our search function is fuckin tr*sh

PostPosted: Sat October 26, 2019 3:42 am 
mXn

Interesting asterisk placement. I like.

PostPosted: Sat October 26, 2019 4:30 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

he also called jersey mike's meat trash but then later said it was the best fast food sub so you do the math

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat October 26, 2019 4:42 am 
The Master

96583UP wrote:
he also called jersey mike's meat trash but then later said it was the best fast food sub so you do the math

I said it was the best chain sub. It’s the best trash sub.

PostPosted: Sat October 26, 2019 4:44 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
96583UP wrote:

and therefore by extension RM's search function is the best trash search function

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat October 26, 2019 4:45 am 
The Master

96583UP wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
96583UP wrote:

and therefore by extension RM's search function is the best trash search function

Touchè

PostPosted: Sat October 26, 2019 4:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
96583UP wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
96583UP wrote:

Touchè

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Tue March 03, 2020 7:40 pm 
Banned from the Pit

This is so cool to see. Charlottesville is the only show I have been to, but I listened to numerous bootlegs in the years before and since that show and it still stacks up to me as one of the best shows all around. What an incredible treat it was to be a part of it.

scottmusic wrote:
Damn, I've seen a lot of shows...

1. 10/29/13 Charlottesville, Virginia - Overall, best all around show I think I've seen (though recency effect may be at work here)
2. 10/31/09 Philadelphia, PA - Most fun I've ever had at a concert, bar none. I don't care what the haters say about this show!
3. 07/08/03 New York, NY - I knew this one was special the minute it ended. Was very happy it was released on DVD.
4. 10/19/13 New York, NY - Finally saw All Those Yesterdays!
5. 09/30/05 Atlantic City, NJ - First GA show for me and first for the band in five years. Was like seeing them in a college lecture hall (in a good way).
6. 06/22/08 Washington, DC - Great show and setlist. Had second row seats for this one.
7. 06/16/08 Columbia, SC - Had first row seats and caught Eddie's wine bottle during Even Flow. Amazing experience but show doesn't hold up for me.
8. 07/01/03 Bristow, VA - 2nd time I saw the band live.
9. 06/27/08 Hartford, CT - Felt like the band catered the set just for me, in both positive and negative ways (really wanted to hear Brain of J, Big Wave and Smile...really didn't want to hear Not for You and Gone).
10. 09/03/11 East Troy, WI - PJ20 Night 1. Despite the weather, had a blast the entire day.
11. 10/03/14 St. Louis, MO - Great show but stupidly drank too much. I do remember having a good time though.
12. 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA - First show I took my girlfriend, now wife, to. Heard a ton of songs live I had never heard live before and had some epic McDonalds post show!
13. 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA - First time I've seen the first night of the tour. Was pretty exciting going in having absolutely no idea what to expect.
14. 06/25/08 New York, NY - The better of the two MSG shows that tour, though overall was slightly disappointed with both nights.
15. 04/19/03 Atlanta, GA - My first show ever. Got Crown of Thornes for just the third time ever.
16. 06/24/08 New York, NY - You know you are spoiled when you are upset you heard Hard to Imagine as an opener two nights in a row.
17. 05/30/06 Washington, DC - Standard Pearl Jam show. Had a great time the night of, but nothing really memorable about it.
18. 10/18/13 New York, NY - Band started off on fire, but once they played Crown during the main set, the show lost a little something. Oceans in the encore was pretty cool.
19. 07/09/03 New York, NY - I think my expectations were way to high for this one. Eddie said they had a special treat for us, and then played All or None. And Crazy Mary opened?? bleh.
20. 10/27/13 Baltimore, MD - Lou Reed died that morning, so I think the band was a bit out of it. I just never felt "connected" at this one.
21. 09/04/11 East Troy, WI - PJ20 Night 2. I wasn't feeling good this night so that put a damper on things for me. We left during the ToTD set to beat the traffic nightmare we faced the night before.
22. 07/06/03 Philadelphia, PA - Another show I drank too much at. At least for this one, I was in college, so I have that as an excuse.
23. 10/30/13 Charlotte, NC - Felt like the band was hungover from the night before. I found the set to be one of the most boring of the entire 2013 tour.
24. 07/19/13 Chicago, IL - Had an awesome time pre-concert in Wrigleyville, but with the shitty seats, rain delay, and seven mile walk back to the hotel till 5:30am, this concert left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth.
25. 10/11/04 Washington, DC - Vote for Change Finale, so they only played 5 songs (two covers). Was fun but can't really rank it higher than any real shows.

PostPosted: Tue March 03, 2020 8:56 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Hartford ‘96 - first show, and it may never leave the top spot.
OKC ‘03 - closest fc seats I’ve ever had, 7th row dead center. This one was right after the bush mask incident in Denver two nights earlier. They brought back Deep at this show.
Houston I ‘00 - was really hoping to get Grievance at this show. Still got some solid songs off Binaural.
Dallas ‘03 - opened with Alive. Up until this show most of my shows opened with Long Road or Sometimes.
Hartford ‘98 - loved that they played Breath.
Dallas ‘98 - this was my second show ever, so at the time I loved it, lots of energy, Sonic Reducer. I could’ve done without Rodman, but he wasn’t all that bad.
Dallas ‘00 - went to this one last minute after seeing them in Houston a few days before. It was okay. The boot is terrible.
KC ‘10 - Of the Girl opener was nice.
St. Louis ‘10 - meh.
OKC ‘13 - didn’t care for the LB songs, but glad I got to see them play, and Wash opened.

PostPosted: Wed March 04, 2020 11:07 am 
Future Drummer

My pathetic list with a little more detail...

1) HERSHEY 2003 - Small, run-down outdoor concert venue right outside an amusement park, with the smell of brownies permeating the air. The moon was very visible in the night sky and it was very pretty, which promoted several mentions from Ed. Clearly the venue's reputation for harassing performers was in full effect on this night, as Sleater-Kinney made several references to the venue being unpleasant. Eddie took the stage in a foul mood, which culminated in some angry comments towards a very young female audience member who kept flashing her tits. The encore is very short, but the performance is generally one of the strongest and most intense of the 2003 tour. "State of Love And Trust" has a harmonica solo!

2) EAST RUTHERFORD 2006 #1 - A very good performance by 2006 standards but nothing stands out in my mind except "Footsteps". Bad sound where I was sitting soured the experience slightly.

3) PHILADELPHIA 2009 #2 - Generally the worst show I've ever attended by any band for several reasons. The sound in the venue was absolutely horrendous even though I was sitting in front of the soundboard. The sports theme of the show was a jock's wet dream, and indeed a lot of bros were in the lobby watching TV monitors, more interested in the game. The band were completely and very visibly drunk, and performed poorly. I left in the middle of the encore.

PostPosted: Wed March 04, 2020 7:56 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
3) PHILADELPHIA 2009 #2 - Generally the worst show I've ever attended by any band for several reasons. The sound in the venue was absolutely horrendous even though I was sitting in front of the soundboard. The sports theme of the show was a jock's wet dream, and indeed a lot of bros were in the lobby watching TV monitors, more interested in the game. The band were completely and very visibly drunk, and performed poorly. I left in the middle of the encore.

When are you going to put a comp together for this 4 night run of magic?

PostPosted: Thu March 05, 2020 1:34 pm 
Future Drummer

EJ wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:

When are you going to put a comp together for this 4 night run of magic?

I want to know what Joe thinks about it first.

PostPosted: Fri March 06, 2020 3:00 pm 
Broken Tamborine

1. Memphis 2014 - Just my favorite set list that I've personally been to. Wash, Alone, Garden, All Night (which was surprisingly awesome live - never stood out to me on Lost Dogs), Breath, Come Back, Nothing as it Seems. Just a great show.

2. Lexington 2016 - Might be for a cheesy reason, but it was my wife's first Pearl Jam show. We had a blast. I really enjoyed the show and I know there are a lot of call and response haters here, but this show had easily, hands down, the best version of Corduroy that I've heard in person.

3. Cincy 2006 - Had a lot of not great stuff going on in my life at this time. It was the first show I'd ever attended by myself. Drove up from TN. Ate some mushrooms, walked to the venue, and had an absolute blast. Great show too - got to hear/sing along to Present Tense, which was a highlight. LBC was pretty damn good that night too. I grew up in Dayton, OH, so this show was a bit of a homecoming for me. I can't explain it - but my personal mindset of the moment is what made this show so great. I really needed this type of release (no PJ pun intended) at that point and it was amazing.

4. Noblesville 1998 - My first full PJ show. Up until this point I had only seen them at Lolla in Cincy. This show did not disappoint. I listen to this boot quite a bit and it always brings me back. Just realizing shrooms were involved again with show, lol. Anyway - the biggest memories I have of this one is we were in the lawn and these two teeny bopper girls were in front of us passing a cigarette back and forth like it was a joint. Made me laugh. The look on their faces when they saw us eating the shrooms made me laugh even more. Also, this was the day of the Clinton deposition - so Ed read what all Slick Willy had said earlier that day and made numerous intern jokes. Also made a joke about "If you want to get out of town and get away from it all, a tractor might not be the fastest way to go." (or something like that, I'm paraphrasing) Then went into MFC. Got In Hiding, Nothingman, Last Exit. RVM blew my mind and it was the first time I heard Yellow Ledbetter live - which at THAT point was a huge deal to me, lol....

5. Cleveland 2006 - I'm actually embarrassed by this one. Like stated in the previous 2006 show, had a lot of stuff going on in my life during this period. I no doubt was a borderline functioning alcoholic, and not in a fun way - the sad way that people look at you with pity and disgust all at the same time. Anyway, I ended up drinking way too much before the show and it wasn't until I checked the setlist the next day did I know what all they played. The only ones I really remembered from the show were Faithful, Betterman opening, Immortality, and Don't Gimme No Lip. It's sad because had I not been so drunk, I think this one would have ranked much higher for me. After this show I vowed and have upheld the vow to never get that drunk at a concert ever again. And luckily I've turned my life around and don't drink like that anymore - I still have a beer left from the six pack I bought for the super bowl, lol....

6. Bridge School 2001 night 1 - not sure if we are counting these type shows, but this one actually ranks higher than Cleveland as far as the memory of the show and whatnot - but I couldn't rank a festival/benefit higher than a full show. But this one is far and away my favorite festival/benefit show. Again, a lot of this has more to do with the experience, but my buddy flew out west from Ohio and he and I drove down from Oregon (where I lived at that time) to see this show. I had just recently finalized my divorce and before we left the hotel, we loaded a whole cassette case with joints and brought them into the show with us. Easily the best line up for any show like this that I had ever been to, and the night and weather and everything was amazing. Got to hear Of the Girl open, Last Soldier, the premier of Drifting, Indifference with Ben Harper, and was the first time I'd ever heard Crazy Mary live. One of my favorite versions of Daughter I've personally heard as well. Nothing noteworthy about it, but on the boot when Mike goes into the solo, for some reason the mix gets really loud, and I just have this really vivid vision of being on the lawn at Shoreline and just thinking to myself that that moment could not be any more perfect. I actually listen to this show quite a bit as well for the nostalgia.

7. Cincy Lolla 1992 - First time ever seeing Pearl Jam. Will never forget Ed jumping into the lawn during Porch. Solidified in my 17 yo mind just how cool this band really was. I'll always remember hearing leash as VS hadn't come out yet. Wasn't even on the radar at that point - so to hear a new song was pretty cool.

8 & 9. Bridge School 2003 Nights 1 & 2 - These two are tied as they happened the same weekend. Great shows and sets, but on the bottom as they were nothing like the experience I had in 2001. Don't get me wrong, had a great time, the music was awesome, but just didn't compare to any other PJ shows I had been to at that point..

PostPosted: Mon April 06, 2020 3:12 pm 
Future Drummer

Uniondale 03 (First show, could of hung it up after this one tbh)
MSG '03 (both nights)
Quebec City '05
Bridge '10 (both nights)
Boston '04 (second night)
Holmdel 03
Hartford 06
Hartford 13 (my last show)
MSG 08, 10 and Brooklyn 13

Christ, I'm bored this AM.

Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?

PostPosted: Mon April 06, 2020 3:28 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Mansfield I 2003
Boston 2010
Mansfield II 2003
Hartford 2008
Albany 2006
Worcester I 2013
Boston I 2006
Mansfield I 2008
Boston I 2004
Fenway II 2016
Hartford 2013
Fenway I 2016
Boston II 2004
Fenway I 2018
Fenway II 2018

I think that's all of them.

PostPosted: Mon April 06, 2020 6:59 pm 
Polluted

1. Augusta 1996
2. Everything else

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 2:41 pm 
AnalLog

Gorge I 2006
Champaign 2003
Seattle II 2018
Portland 2013
Ridgefield 2009
Portland 2006
St. Louis 2004
Philly IV 2009
Chicago 2003

Had to edit this after Seattle II from a couple years ago.

PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:15 pm 
Broken Tamborine
 WWW  Profile

1. Halifax 2005 - First show. I actually cried a little when we got to our seats on the floor just looking up at the amps. Always wonder how much that influences my opinion, but I think it would be #1 even without it being my first show. Hard to Imagine used as the opener for the first time, and they started it seated. Followed with Animal, wow. It was very surreal for me. Probably my favorite version of Breath as well.
2. St. John's I 2005 - Hometown show for me. Never thought PJ would come here, still can't believe it. Incredible show.
3. Toronto II 2006 - AMAZING show after what I thought was a very bad one the night prior. First time seeing Release.
4. Toronto 2009 - Crazy pre-set due to Ted Leo not making it through customs.
5. Chicago I 2009 - Great version of Long Road to open, first time seeing it.
6. Calgary 2013 - 2 people behind the rail in GA, right in front of Ed. Unbelievable experience to see them this close. Crazy snow storm that day, city practically closed down. Saw Sleight of Hand.
7. St. John's II - 2005 - The second of the only two hometown shows for me. The end of my first PJ weekend.
8. Hamilton 2011 - Absolutely crazy drum roll in the middle of Habit. My friend and I were awestruck at the time, couldn't believe the band came in on time at the end of it. This is my strongest memory from this one.
9. Chicago II 2009 - Return of album-version In My Tree. Star Spangled Banner at the end of YL
10. Toronto I 2011 - Uncle Neil showed up for RITFW
11. Ottawa 2011 - I remember thinking '98 Ed showed up for Ole this night.
12. Toronto II 2011 - I don't remember much about this other than they opened with Go and I could barely hear it, sound was really low and muffled. I find that the sound at PJ shows is bad generally, but this one was particularly bad.
13. Toronto I 2006 - I remember being disappointed leaving this show for some reason. Was the tour opener, and the band wasn't dialed in at all.
14. Boston 2010 - Botched Release to open. Not a memorable performance for me though there were quite a few rarities played. Weird vibe on the BS tour.
15. Hartford 2010 - Weird vibe during this one like Boston above. Was not a fan of the BS era. Ain't Talking 'Bout Love played for first time (only time?)

PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2020 4:10 pm 
Future Drummer

Kevin Davis wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Funny, I really enjoy the Hartford ‘06 show; some of the best versions of the S/T songs they ever played and a great performance across the board.

I like this one a lot too. Great "Sleight of Hand." Some of those US shows from early in the year were kind of patchy but this one hits the spot for me.

Slow day at the salt mines so I'm having fun reading this thread. Hartford 06 was a great show, and yeah it was FUCKING cold. I remember wearing a crew neck over hoodie for that one. My buddy and I drove all the way down from Bar Harbor, Maine (maybe six or so hours). Very fun night. We made a wrong turn and ended up in Springfield which was a shit hole, we bolted the fuck outta there and crashed in a hotel right over the NH border. Killer RVM too, think Ed collapsed in the middle of it.

Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?

PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2020 4:26 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

A friend and I drove out to Albany from Providence for the show the night before the Hartford '06 show. I had a wedding to go to Saturday night so we couldn't just swing to Hartford :gomez: We did meet some (now former) RMers in Albany, though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live