The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1016 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Mon June 10, 2019 6:26 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

verb_to_trust wrote:
Where's Yang?

He lost ground when Bernie promised $1001 a month.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon June 10, 2019 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue June 11, 2019 7:37 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Wed June 12, 2019 12:01 pm 
The Master

How does the polling look in the six states that will decide the election?

PostPosted: Wed June 12, 2019 4:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Mickey wrote:
Quote:
Here are the raw numbers for Trump in the states that are expected to be competitive in the 2020 election:

New Hampshire: 39 percent approval, 58 percent disapproval
Wisconsin: 42 percent approval, 55 percent disapproval
Michigan: 42 percent approval, 54 percent disapproval
Iowa: 42 percent approval, 54 percent disapproval
Arizona: 45 percent approval, 51 percent disapproval
Pennsylvania 45 percent approval, 52 percent disapproval
Ohio: 46 percent approval, 50 percent disapproval
North Carolina: 46 percent approval, 50 percent disapproval
Florida: 48 percent approval, 48 percent disapproval
Indiana: 49 percent approval, 46 percent disapproval

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/6/5/18653800/trump-approval-rating-by-state-2020-election-odds

PostPosted: Wed June 12, 2019 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

People forgot about this guy quickly.

PostPosted: Wed June 12, 2019 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

A damn good question.

PostPosted: Thu June 13, 2019 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

I want to rant about some on the left who are railing against some of the Democratic presidential candidates' refusal to instead run for the Senate:

1. While I think there's some truth that Democrats might have more difficulty winning Senate seats these days, I think many overstate that difficulty, and successfully winning the presidency should have long enough coat tails to carry over an unexpected Senate seat win or two here or there.
2. If these candidates don't want to run the Senate, then why would you want them to run? Wouldn't you rather run someone who is fully devoted to winning that race?
3. And why assume that these candidates are the only ones capable of winning Senate seats, or that they're the best ones? Maybe their refusal to run will open up opportunity for better candidates. (As a corollary to this point, there's particular complaint about how many of them are white men. Perhaps the white men, under the notion that they overestimate their capability, will do so here and clear the way for those who aren't white men to run for the Senate.)
4. And some of these candidates may still run for the Senate after their presidential campaigns crash and burn. Remember Marco Rubio from 2016?

PostPosted: Thu June 13, 2019 6:57 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Green Habit wrote:
I want to rant about some on the left who are railing against some of the Democratic presidential candidates' refusal to instead run for the Senate:

1. While I think there's some truth that Democrats might have more difficulty winning Senate seats these days, I think many overstate that difficulty, and successfully winning the presidency should have long enough coat tails to carry over an unexpected Senate seat win or two here or there.
2. If these candidates don't want to run the Senate, then why would you want them to run? Wouldn't you rather run someone who is fully devoted to winning that race?
3. And why assume that these candidates are the only ones capable of winning Senate seats, or that they're the best ones? Maybe their refusal to run will open up opportunity for better candidates. (As a corollary to this point, there's particular complaint about how many of them are white men. Perhaps the white men, under the notion that they overestimate their capability, will do so here and clear the way for those who aren't white men to run for the Senate.)
4. And some of these candidates may still run for the Senate after their presidential campaigns crash and burn. Remember Marco Rubio from 2016?

I haven't seen this directed at anyone other than Beto, which I think is legitimate. He came very close to unseating Cruz and would have a similarly good shot at taking down Cornyn especially with presidential year turnouts, so it seems like a waste not to pivot directly into a second senate campaign, even if that's where he ends up eventually (and of course he's also not an incumbent like Marco). Otherwise, the Dem field is set and unlikely to change so it just seems like a waste of money for a lot of them. No one gives a shit about Moulton or Hickenlooper and 18 months is not going to charge that. But I don't buy the argument that the bare fact of having them in the race is going to hurt the eventual nominee and I don't particularly want any of these psychos running for senate either.

PostPosted: Thu June 13, 2019 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Mickey wrote:
I haven't seen this directed at anyone other than Beto, which I think is legitimate.
Steve Bullock got beat up substantially on Twitter over this tweet, with at least three quarters of the replies ordering him to run for Senate. (Wouldn't mind hearing trag's take on this since it's Montana.) Hickenlooper gets this a lot too. I would agree that the criticism is best lobbied against Beto.

PostPosted: Thu June 13, 2019 10:56 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

this promises to be an absolute shitshow.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu June 13, 2019 11:36 pm 
Poster of the Year

10 per night means there's exactly the same amount of people on stage as the first GOP debate in 2016.

PostPosted: Fri June 14, 2019 12:05 am 
Production Police

Bullock is getting beat up here in MT for his decision to run for POTUS instead of Senate.

PostPosted: Fri June 14, 2019 12:17 am 

cutuphalfdead wrote:
10 per night means there's exactly the same amount of people on stage as the first GOP debate in 2016.

is it single or double elimination?

PostPosted: Fri June 14, 2019 12:21 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Can we pass a law that says no one can run for public office more than a year before the election date?

PostPosted: Fri June 14, 2019 12:22 am 

Bi_3 wrote:
Can we pass a law that says no one can run for public office more than a year before the election date?

We should start taking reservations for 2024 right now.

PostPosted: Fri June 14, 2019 12:36 am 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:

this promises to be an absolute shitshow.

Yeah I can't believe they left out the Gravel teens

PostPosted: Sun June 23, 2019 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

rUn FoR sEnAtE

Oh wait, he can't do so in PA until 2022, and they likely wouldn't want him to run anyway. So we need some other reason to go after this guy.

PostPosted: Sun June 23, 2019 9:13 pm 

This is pretty great

It's just a limited strike.

PostPosted: Mon June 24, 2019 12:02 am 
Poster of the Year

Eh, Bernie has a point but so does she. What Clinton did in Iraq and what Bush did in Iraq aren't the same thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1016 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate