The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 813, 814, 815, 816, 817, 818, 819 ... 1306  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 5:14 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

digster wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Does dumping these people off in San Francisco or somewhere keep them from leaving somehow? Seems to me they'd just relocate to wherever made the most sense for them. It's not worth the logistical nightmare even if you ignore how disgusting it is on a moral level.

It makes no sense; it's exactly the kind of thing you'd see from some guy on Twitter who lives to own the libs. Which is probably where he saw it. Ironically, I think that the obsession with owning the libs actually gets in the way of him actually being able to enact a far-right immigration strategy like it seems he would want to.

Oh course it’s ridiculous. But I like the idea of making people feel the consequences of their choices.

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 8:38 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
digster wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Does dumping these people off in San Francisco or somewhere keep them from leaving somehow? Seems to me they'd just relocate to wherever made the most sense for them. It's not worth the logistical nightmare even if you ignore how disgusting it is on a moral level.

It makes no sense; it's exactly the kind of thing you'd see from some guy on Twitter who lives to own the libs. Which is probably where he saw it. Ironically, I think that the obsession with owning the libs actually gets in the way of him actually being able to enact a far-right immigration strategy like it seems he would want to.

Oh course it’s ridiculous. But I like the idea of making people feel the consequences of their choices.

Oh yeah for sure man, it's really gonna make people think when all of a sudden there are a bunch of immigrants in Philly and New York, something that until this point has never been the case.

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 8:41 pm 
AnalLog

I just don't understand how the message can be, "These people are dangerous, they're rapists and killers and gangsters etc." but also "We caught them but instead of sending them back we're going to distribute them on a political basis throughout the country." Seriously, some really fringe stuff has come from this administration, but this is absolutely batshit craziness. I feel like we're really just a few brain cells away from Alex Jones being president. God help us.

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 10:44 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

heh

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 11:02 pm 
AnalLog

Cher? Really Burt? Is that all you got on a Sunday?

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 11:06 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

meatwad wrote:
Cher? Really Burt? Is that all you got on a Sunday?

it's funny.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 11:44 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
digster wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Oh yeah for sure man, it's really gonna make people think when all of a sudden there are a bunch of immigrants in Philly and New York, something that until this point has never been the case.

When a couple thousand illegals are dumped in Brooklyn all at once, they’ll change their tune.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 12:31 am 
Rank This Poster

Bi_3 wrote:
digster wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

I'd think the main consequences of this would be on the federal government trying to resettle people all across the United States, having to figure who to send where and when and why. I can't imagine ICE would be over the moon about taking that on as well.

That being said, I'm somewhat doubtful this ever even happens. It's basically a temper tantrum wrapped in a policy proposal, which we've seen from this president before. And they usually die off fairly not too long after they're floated.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 2:23 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
digster wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

When a couple thousand illegals are dumped in Brooklyn all at once, they’ll change their tune.

You're aware that 2.7 million people live in Brooklyn alone, right? Or are you just fucking stupid?

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 2:54 am 
Looks Like a Cat

I’m generally a bigger bi_3 fan than most, but mickey actually has a point there for once.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 3:57 am 
Mind Your Tanners

washing machine wrote:
I’m generally a bigger bi_3 fan than most, but mickey actually has a point there for once.

f*ck off barback

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 4:22 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
washing machine wrote:

f*ck off barback

Whatever you say, blogger

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 11:10 am 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
heh

This is actually pretty close to how I see this. The idea that the lifeboat has unlimited capacity is lunacy. While children starve and lack basic education and care... while homeless populations explode... while more and more people get economically left behind... exacerbating the situation by allowing city’s worth of new poor people every month in an uncontrolled manner is national suicide.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 11:21 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
digster wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

You're aware that 2.7 million people live in Brooklyn alone, right? Or are you just fucking stupid?

The problem isn’t the ability to absorb over time, the problem is the uncontrolled, unexpected flood at once like cities in the southwest are feeling. Areas like Brooklyn, Boulder, or my home in Bethesda, we don’t feel these things other than cheap, exploitable labor to clean our homes and mow our lawns. Until we experience the consequences of our moral stances cannot understand what millions of our fellow citizens (whom we hold some level of mandate to support) are suffering

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

My position, now sadly being seen as even more radical today given things like the rise of Trump and Brexit, hasn't changed since it formed about a dozen years ago: there's no good reason to stop people from living and working wherever the fuck they want.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 1:51 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

such language nick...do you write your local congressman with such language?

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 2:47 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Yet more reasons this is hilarious

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 3:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 4:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Of course the report is coming on Thursday, when I will be at a day long retreat.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 5:07 pm 
Major Dude

McParadigm wrote:
Of course the report is coming on Thursday, when I will be at a day long retreat.

Bail on it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 813, 814, 815, 816, 817, 818, 819 ... 1306  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate