The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2038 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat February 02, 2019 4:01 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun October 16, 2016 4:19 pm
Posts: 56
Zagreb 2006: nice set and very good performace. Definitely enjoyed that one...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue February 05, 2019 9:54 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 941
Monkey_Driven wrote:
liebzz wrote:
NYC 5/21/10 - such a great show start to finish.


Is that the one with Slow Lukin and the awesome version of The End?


Yes. And with the mind blowing great second encore.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat February 09, 2019 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 8554
Location: Franklin, MA
I heard Takin It To The Streets/Whipping for the first time the other day and I loved it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sun February 10, 2019 12:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 16230
Location: Where everybody knows your name
numbers wrote:
I heard Takin It To The Streets/Whipping for the first time the other day and I loved it.

Yeah. I totally dig it

_________________
”Maybe greed is all cocks at the end." - Jaime Lannister


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sun February 10, 2019 7:45 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun October 16, 2016 4:19 pm
Posts: 56
Belfast 2010. Underwhelming...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue February 12, 2019 4:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 18083
Location: Mizzou
What 06 San Francisco show is considered the best?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue February 12, 2019 4:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 12089
Monkey_Driven wrote:
What 06 San Francisco show is considered the best?

The third and final show, one of their best ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue February 12, 2019 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 18083
Location: Mizzou
Birds in Hell wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
What 06 San Francisco show is considered the best?

The third and final show, one of their best ever.


Ooo fun.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue February 12, 2019 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 2176
Birds in Hell wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
What 06 San Francisco show is considered the best?

The third and final show, one of their best ever.


Yup.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu February 14, 2019 2:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 18083
Location: Mizzou
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
What 06 San Francisco show is considered the best?

The third and final show, one of their best ever.


Yup.


Listened to the beginning through Even Flow. My goodness, what a run. Every single song is performed very well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 18083
Location: Mizzou
Still listening to that San Francisco boot. Up to Crazy Mary. I even enjoyed the Boom solo. That's a good indicator of the quality of the show.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 3:51 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun October 16, 2016 4:19 pm
Posts: 56
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Still listening to that San Francisco boot. Up to Crazy Mary. I even enjoyed the Boom solo. That's a good indicator of the quality of the show.

Currently doing the EU Tour 2010 in chronological order, those San Francisco shows 2006 will be next...and they will be much better:)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 18083
Location: Mizzou
There were ok moments in the 2010 tour, but 08-10 was a not a good period for live PJ.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 5:20 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun October 16, 2016 4:19 pm
Posts: 56
Monkey_Driven wrote:
There were ok moments in the 2010 tour, but 08-10 was a not a good period for live PJ.

The really good moments were in the US part of the tour I guess. (MSG 2, Boston, even New Orleans is a nice show) For Europe: Performancewise London and Berlin (don't care too much for both setlists) are good but all those uninspired 90min festival shows...meh...Definitely the worst Euro tour they ever did.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun April 07, 2013 1:57 am
Posts: 118
raven2001 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
There were ok moments in the 2010 tour, but 08-10 was a not a good period for live PJ.

The really good moments were in the US part of the tour I guess. (MSG 2, Boston, even New Orleans is a nice show) For Europe: Performancewise London and Berlin (don't care too much for both setlists) are good but all those uninspired 90min festival shows...meh...Definitely the worst Euro tour they ever did.


I’m biased because I was there, but Cleveland was a very, very solid show for that period, which seems to
get overlooked for the bigger cities that followed shortly after.
http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/05/10/ ... cleveland/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 8:01 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun October 16, 2016 4:19 pm
Posts: 56
littlecomment wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
There were ok moments in the 2010 tour, but 08-10 was a not a good period for live PJ.

The really good moments were in the US part of the tour I guess. (MSG 2, Boston, even New Orleans is a nice show) For Europe: Performancewise London and Berlin (don't care too much for both setlists) are good but all those uninspired 90min festival shows...meh...Definitely the worst Euro tour they ever did.


I’m biased because I was there, but Cleveland was a very, very solid show for that period, which seems to
get overlooked for the bigger cities that followed shortly after.
http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/05/10/ ... cleveland/

Yeah, I remember that one being very good!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat February 23, 2019 4:04 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun October 16, 2016 4:19 pm
Posts: 56
Finished the 2010 Euro tour today. Lisbon was a nice closer, good show!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu February 28, 2019 3:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:42 am
Posts: 1725
Location: Minneapolis
started listening to the milwaukee yield show and i’d forgotten baba was in the five hole so rick nielsen could make his bedtime. i love that you can hear the crowd react to the surprise placement over the (sloppy) intro, and the ‘don’t cry...’ part might be the loudest i’ve ever heard a crowd sing on one of their bootlegs. faithfull’s just a couple songs later and the crowd singing ‘we all believe’ is maybe like a third of that volume.

_________________
ah, copperplate, a font for the truly modern man.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 5:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 5322
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
Sirius had the Melbourne St. Patrick's Day '95 concert on tonight. I should give that a proper write up over the weekend because that much bootlegged show had as much influence turning into a superfan than any given studio release.
Still my favorite electric Black.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 10:56 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun October 16, 2016 4:19 pm
Posts: 56
Trieste 2014. Meh...you have to look very closely to find any highlights here. There are no bad fuckups but nothing's really great either.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2038 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri April 19, 2019 3:17 pm