The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: Re: Covers?
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:20 pm 
Poster of the Year

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
I wanna say Suspicious Minds fell into this category.

Mark James released Suspicious Minds a year before Elvis did, you rube.

PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 1:04 am 
AnalLog

cutuphalfdead wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:

I wasn't 100% sure, looking into it, there was some publishing concerns over the song - "During Presley's absence, Moman was approached by Bienstock, who was concerned about possible future disputes concerning the songs' publication. Moman and Presley decided not to record Hill & Range compositions, instead using songs by American Sound writers. Bienstock, particularly interested in the non-album "Suspicious Minds" and "Mama Liked the Roses", warned that Moman would have to surrender the publishing rights to release the songs. In response, Moman told Bienstock to take all the recordings and leave the studio.[20] RCA vice-president Harry Jenkins interceded, siding with Moman and ordering Bienstock to stay away from the studio and let Presley work with the staff.[10] Meanwhile, Diskin informed Presley about the publishing issues. Presley supported Moman, assuring Diskin that he and the producer would handle the session work. Diskin contacted Parker, who told him to return to California.[21] Moman retained the publishing rights, and the sessions were scheduled to resume several weeks later."

Now I'm at a loss for which Elvis song it was. But considering most of his songs were covers, and the Col. was one shaddy business man. Hell, he managed to get Elvis song writers credits on Don't Be Cruel even.

PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 5:51 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Elvis's entire catalogue was covers, one way or another

PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2019 11:22 am 
Major Dude

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:

I wasn't 100% sure, looking into it, there was some publishing concerns over the song - "During Presley's absence, Moman was approached by Bienstock, who was concerned about possible future disputes concerning the songs' publication. Moman and Presley decided not to record Hill & Range compositions, instead using songs by American Sound writers. Bienstock, particularly interested in the non-album "Suspicious Minds" and "Mama Liked the Roses", warned that Moman would have to surrender the publishing rights to release the songs. In response, Moman told Bienstock to take all the recordings and leave the studio.[20] RCA vice-president Harry Jenkins interceded, siding with Moman and ordering Bienstock to stay away from the studio and let Presley work with the staff.[10] Meanwhile, Diskin informed Presley about the publishing issues. Presley supported Moman, assuring Diskin that he and the producer would handle the session work. Diskin contacted Parker, who told him to return to California.[21] Moman retained the publishing rights, and the sessions were scheduled to resume several weeks later."

Now I'm at a loss for which Elvis song it was. But considering most of his songs were covers, and the Col. was one shaddy business man. Hell, he managed to get Elvis song writers credits on Don't Be Cruel even.

That’s why Dolly told him to fuck off when he wanted to cover I Will Always Love You. He wanted 50% of the songwriting.

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live