The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 549, 550, 551, 552, 553, 554, 555 ... 561  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1479
Location: The Jungle
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
not sure where to post this, but pretty cool:

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2019/2/ ... ycle-video


It is pretty cool. Never been done in MLB History. Hell it would even be rare in beer league softball as youd walk the guy after 3 HR's / 9 RBI even with the bases empty.


In Baseball news, Steven Wright got busted for PED's. A Knuckleball pitcher getting popped is as good as a punter in the NFL getting nailed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 10:52 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 24992
Location: the beach
Tom Seaver diagnosed with dementia... :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 6:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 15382
Location: Dat Azz
Proposed new mlb rules ... thoughts?

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2619 ... d-come-mlb

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 6:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 15382
Location: Dat Azz
The Reds have the next two-way player.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2623 ... s-outfield

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1479
Location: The Jungle
PHATJ wrote:
Proposed new mlb rules ... thoughts?

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2619 ... d-come-mlb


The shift one has to be the stupidest idea I think I've ever heard floated about.
Im shocked the NFL hasn't tried that one, seems more up their alley. Put all the defenses in a prevent to boost the scoring


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 3:26 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 3099
PHATJ wrote:
The Reds have the next two-way player.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2623 ... s-outfield



Banning the shift sounds like what they do in co ed corporate softball. All right everyone, behind the outfield line, and two feet touching the infield infielders.

That's hilarious.

We could try teaching..... actual hitting again instead of launch angles, cattle steriods and pulling the ball.

It's not illegal to be Craig Council or Ichiro. Or is it now?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 3:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 3942
Electromatic wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
The Reds have the next two-way player.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2623 ... s-outfield



Banning the shift sounds like what they do in co ed corporate softball. All right everyone, behind the outfield line, and two feet touching the infield infielders.

That's hilarious.

We could try teaching..... actual hitting again instead of launch angles, cattle steriods and pulling the ball.

It's not illegal to be Craig Council or Ichiro. Or is it now?


Why learn about launch angles and pulling the ball to try to turn into the next Jose Bautista, Max Muncy, Josh Donaldson, or JD Martinez when you can learn how REAL hitters hit and be the next Craig Counsell?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 4:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 15382
Location: Dat Azz
philpritchard wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
The Reds have the next two-way player.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2623 ... s-outfield



Banning the shift sounds like what they do in co ed corporate softball. All right everyone, behind the outfield line, and two feet touching the infield infielders.

That's hilarious.

We could try teaching..... actual hitting again instead of launch angles, cattle steriods and pulling the ball.

It's not illegal to be Craig Council or Ichiro. Or is it now?


Why learn about launch angles and pulling the ball to try to turn into the next Jose Bautista, Max Muncy, Josh Donaldson, or JD Martinez when you can learn how REAL hitters hit and be the next Craig Counsell?

:haha:

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 4:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 15382
Location: Dat Azz
Robot umps - I think I’m for this
Banning the shift - lol, retarded
Batting minimum for relievers - probably a good idea
Changing mound distance - terrible idea

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 5:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 6806
PHATJ wrote:
Robot umps - I think I’m for this
Banning the shift - lol, retarded
Batting minimum for relievers - probably a good idea
Changing mound distance - terrible idea

Professional hitters need to be professional hitters and hit away from the damn shift

_________________
There’s a good chance I posted this while sitting on the toilet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 5:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 15382
Location: Dat Azz
Bammer wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Robot umps - I think I’m for this
Banning the shift - lol, retarded
Batting minimum for relievers - probably a good idea
Changing mound distance - terrible idea

Professional hitters need to be professional hitters and hit away from the damn shift

I totally agree. If a guy can’t figure out how to hit to half of the field, he has no one to blame but himself.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 5:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 6806
PHATJ wrote:
Bammer wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Robot umps - I think I’m for this
Banning the shift - lol, retarded
Batting minimum for relievers - probably a good idea
Changing mound distance - terrible idea

Professional hitters need to be professional hitters and hit away from the damn shift

I totally agree. If a guy can’t figure out how to hit to half of the field, he has no one to blame but himself.


Paging Kyle Seager

_________________
There’s a good chance I posted this while sitting on the toilet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 12:00 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 3099
philpritchard wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
The Reds have the next two-way player.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2623 ... s-outfield



Banning the shift sounds like what they do in co ed corporate softball. All right everyone, behind the outfield line, and two feet touching the infield infielders.

That's hilarious.

We could try teaching..... actual hitting again instead of launch angles, cattle steriods and pulling the ball.

It's not illegal to be Craig Council or Ichiro. Or is it now?


Why learn about launch angles and pulling the ball to try to turn into the next Jose Bautista, Max Muncy, Josh Donaldson, or JD Martinez when you can learn how REAL hitters hit and be the next Craig Counsell?


Good point.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 53386
Location: Sector 7-G
Guys, the greatest baseball movie ever made is on AMC right now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 12:41 am 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 24992
Location: the beach
just a bit outside...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 53386
Location: Sector 7-G
She bet me fifty dollars that she had a better body than you I had to defend your honor!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 60821
hats for bats

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2019 2:58 pm 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 15398
Location: Cumberland, RI
Simple Torture wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Dude how much would Griffey make if signing a contract in his prime right now? A billion?


In the current market, I have to imagine it would be higher than anything we've seen so far.

In the past four seasons:

---Machado has had an average WAR of 5.8 (good for $300m over 10 years)

---Harper has had an average WAR of 4.4 (good for $330m over 13 years)

In his last four seasons in Seattle, Griffey had an average WAR of 7.6. However, he was 29 when he was traded over (was it a sign-and-trade? I can't remember), whereas Harper and Machado are both 26. Still, I think Griffey today would be looking at 8-10 years, $35m per year, easy.

Of course, they there's Trout. He's averaged a 9.2 WAR over the past four years and is 27. If the Angels were looking to offer him a market-value extension, it'd have to be more than $350m for 10, I think. Closer to $400m. There are rumors out there that the Angels might offer him a $350m extension, and I say he'd be crazy to take it.


Boy did I under-value him:



_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2019 3:33 pm 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 15398
Location: Cumberland, RI
Simple Torture wrote:

Boy did I under-value him:




FWIW, looks like reports coming out now that this will absorb and re-distribute the years remaining on his current contract, so it's not truly a flat-out 12/$430m extension.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2019 4:08 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 3099
Awesome for Mike Trout, really disappointing for those of us on the East Coast who hope to see him play ever.

430 million!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 549, 550, 551, 552, 553, 554, 555 ... 561  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue April 23, 2019 8:17 pm