The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10097 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 505  Next
 Post subject: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 9:34 am 
slower than 82% of US

I really cannot wait for this season to start. I know they'll have to trim up some of the story lines with the changes they made in the second season, but that production trailer they shot with Meera and Jojen Reed, the Unsullied and Beric Dondarrion shown briefly in it makes me wish March was here already.

Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 1:00 pm 
RM Elitist

Thread is useless without paaks spoiling it.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 pm 
slower than 82% of US

@SkitchP wrote:
Thread is useless without paaks spoiling it.

Burned.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:34 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

If this season is even half as good as the the book it'll be the best season of a cable tv show, maybe ever.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 9:20 pm 
slower than 82% of US

durdencommatyler wrote:
If this season is even half as good as the the book it'll be the best season of a cable tv show, maybe ever.

I'm actually reading the 3rd book right now. Just got to the part
Spoiler: show
where Dondarrion fights the Hound. Can't wait to figure out how he seems so immortal

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 11:47 pm 
slower than 82% of US

PostPosted: Fri January 04, 2013 12:19 am 
RM Elitist

PostPosted: Fri January 04, 2013 3:45 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

durdencommatyler wrote:

I cheated and read a summary instead of the book. Yeah, these next two seasons have awesome potential.

PostPosted: Sat January 05, 2013 3:31 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I cheated and read a summary instead of the book. Yeah, these next two seasons have awesome potential.

:cop:

PostPosted: Sat January 05, 2013 6:23 pm 
Rank This Poster

book 3 is huge, they wont be able to fit it in one season

PostPosted: Sat January 05, 2013 11:11 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

psychobain wrote:

They've already said it'll be 2 seasons.

PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 4:30 am 
slower than 82% of US

durdencommatyler wrote:
psychobain wrote:

Just finished the 3rd book

i bet the first half ends with the Red Wedding. I reallllly hope they hold nothing back in that. I want to see GreyWind's head on Robb's body.

PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 5:10 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
psychobain wrote:

i bet the first half ends with the Red Wedding. I reallllly hope they hold nothing back in that. I want to see GreyWind's head on Robb's body.

Oh me too. I'm sure they will. These creators have so much reverence for the source material. And it's HBO. I think they'll do it.

What I'm wondering -- given the backlash that came with Ned's death -- if they'll do the Red Wedding as the second to last episode of the season, and kill Joffrey in the final episode, just as a way to balance things out before the break. I'm guessing they don't want to risk losing more fans by killing Robb & Co then taking a year off.

Either way... it's going to amazing. It's such an intense, well drawn and gut wrenching book. It's going to be even harder to take in a visual format. I can't wait!

PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 8:54 pm 
slower than 82% of US

durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
psychobain wrote:

Oh me too. I'm sure they will. These creators have so much reverence for the source material. And it's HBO. I think they'll do it.

What I'm wondering -- given the backlash that came with Ned's death -- if they'll do the Red Wedding as the second to last episode of the season, and kill Joffrey in the final episode, just as a way to balance things out before the break. I'm guessing they don't want to risk losing more fans by killing Robb & Co then taking a year off.

Either way... it's going to amazing. It's such an intense, well drawn and gut wrenching book. It's going to be even harder to take in a visual format. I can't wait!

The thing is, that is another huge event in that book. If they were looking for a big, redeeming event, I think ending the season with Dany freeing Yunkai or maybe even conquering mereen, but then that leaves nothing for the next season save her exiling Jorah.

I hope the 4th season ends with the epilogue of the book. Zombie Cat taking her hood off as they hang the freys...

PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 8:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
psychobain wrote:

The thing is, that is another huge event in that book. If they were looking for a big, redeeming event, I think ending the season with Dany freeing Yunkai or maybe even conquering mereen, but then that leaves nothing for the next season save her exiling Jorah.

I hope the 4th season ends with the epilogue of the book. Zombie Cat taking her hood off as they hang the freys...

Oh me too! I don't want to see an ending to S4 other than Cat taking her hood off as they hang the Freys. Absolutely. I can take a lot of other changes, but that one would bum me out.

PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 9:05 pm 
slower than 82% of US

durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
psychobain wrote:

Oh me too! I don't want to see an ending to S4 other than Cat taking her hood off as they hang the Freys. Absolutely. I can take a lot of other changes, but that one would bum me out.

its a crime that season 4 is too far away. I can't wait to see the Red Viper fight the mountain. That entire scene is just made for tv where he torments him with "you raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children."

I still can't see any other logical ending to season 3 besides the red wedding. I think they need to go ahead with that gut punch and top it off with Sansa marrying tyrion. That is the essence of the books, no? If i was more of a betting man, id say Season 4 would open with joff's wedding to bring everyone back right away

PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 9:09 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
psychobain wrote:

its a crime that season 4 is too far away. I can't wait to see the Red Viper fight the mountain. That entire scene is just made for tv where he torments him with "you raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children."

I still can't see any other logical ending to season 3 besides the red wedding. I think they need to go ahead with that gut punch and top it off with Sansa marrying tyrion. That is the essence of the books, no? If i was more of a betting man, id say Season 4 would open with joff's wedding to bring everyone back right away

That could work. And I'd be happy with that. I'm just thinking in terms of the producers not wanting to alienate the audience any further. Hopefully those that have stuck around so far understand what kind of story this is by now.

Also, both seasons so far have had their "big" episodes (Ned's death, Battle of the Blackwater) as the next to last episode. They're both episode 9's. Wouldn't be surprised to see Red Wedding as episode 9, regardless of what happens in episode 10.

But, I'd prefer it to be the final scene, personally.

PostPosted: Mon January 07, 2013 1:08 pm 
Broken Tamborine

durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
psychobain wrote:

That could work. And I'd be happy with that. I'm just thinking in terms of the producers not wanting to alienate the audience any further. Hopefully those that have stuck around so far understand what kind of story this is by now.

Also, both seasons so far have had their "big" episodes (Ned's death, Battle of the Blackwater) as the next to last episode. They're both episode 9's. Wouldn't be surprised to see Red Wedding as episode 9, regardless of what happens in episode 10.

But, I'd prefer it to be the final scene, personally.

You are right. I forget where i read it but GRRM (or maybe it was D&D) pretty much said that episode 9 would be the red wedding this year

They better not mess this up. I have been very happy but season 2 was not as strong as i would have liked. Can't wait to watch it unfold.

PostPosted: Mon January 07, 2013 3:04 pm 
The Master

Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
psychobain wrote:

I completely forgot about that scene. I really need to read book 3 again.

PostPosted: Mon January 07, 2013 11:20 pm 
Rank This Poster

book 3 is so fuckin awesome

many OMG moments

lets see how theyll adapt it to the tv.....

about season 5

i dont think they can do a season only showing book 4 and then another season with book 5....i bet they are going to mix those books

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10097 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 505  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment