The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Sat June 30, 2018 10:15 pm 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15088
Got Dangelo's Voodoo and Erykah Badu's But You Cant Use My Phone.

Both sound glorious.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 9483
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Image

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Sun August 26, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9707
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Strat wrote:
B wrote:
Anyone got a record player recommendation under $200?

Get this:
https://www.buydig.com/shop/product.asp ... 0000000373


listen to strat.

that's the best "cheapest" turntable on the market. and a really good price (they usually sell for around $299). don't be fooked by the Audio Technica LP60... it's crap. go with the LP120.

It's a little over B's budget but Id be willing to throw in some change for the cause.


I went for it this week, and just got an e-mail that my order was cancelled b/c it's sold out. Still listed on the website as "in stock." There's some kind of scam here, but I don't know what it is.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Sun August 26, 2018 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9707
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Quote:
We regret to inform you that one or all of the items that you have ordered are not currently in stock. Although the item was originally advertised as in stock, it seems to have been either oversold, or the inventory may have been slightly inaccurate.

Please let us know if there is anything on our website of similar or more value, and we will be sure to work something out in your favor. In the meantime, the item or items that are not in stock on your order will be cancelled and refunded immediately. We deeply regret any inconvenience that this may have caused you and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely,
Buydig.com Customer Service
(800) 617-4686
customerservice@buydig.com


A little Ten-Clubby if you ask me.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Sun August 26, 2018 4:38 pm 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14297
Location: Cumberland, RI
B wrote:
Quote:
We regret to inform you that one or all of the items that you have ordered are not currently in stock. Although the item was originally advertised as in stock, it seems to have been either oversold, or the inventory may have been slightly inaccurate.

Please let us know if there is anything on our website of similar or more value, and we will be sure to work something out in your favor. In the meantime, the item or items that are not in stock on your order will be cancelled and refunded immediately. We deeply regret any inconvenience that this may have caused you and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely,
Buydig.com Customer Service
(800) 617-4686
customerservice@buydig.com


A little Ten-Clubby if you ask me.


Buy Dig, thanks for all you do!

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Sun August 26, 2018 7:38 pm 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15088
Rangi Guy wrote:
Image


Damn thats a good one.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Mon August 27, 2018 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9707
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Simple Torture wrote:
B wrote:
Quote:
We regret to inform you that one or all of the items that you have ordered are not currently in stock. Although the item was originally advertised as in stock, it seems to have been either oversold, or the inventory may have been slightly inaccurate.

Please let us know if there is anything on our website of similar or more value, and we will be sure to work something out in your favor. In the meantime, the item or items that are not in stock on your order will be cancelled and refunded immediately. We deeply regret any inconvenience that this may have caused you and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely,
Buydig.com Customer Service
(800) 617-4686
customerservice@buydig.com


A little Ten-Clubby if you ask me.


Buy Dig, thanks for all you do!


I found it on Amazon for $10 more. I have a feeling Buy Dig will eventually go out of business and bitch about not being able to compete against Amazon. Which will be true, but won't be because Amazon is big and rich.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Mon September 03, 2018 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 9483
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
VinylGuy wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Image


Damn thats a good one.

Well this certainly finishes on side 3 for me. the remixes they put on side 4 are awful!

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Tue September 04, 2018 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 9483
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Just pre-ordered
Image

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon October 26, 2015 9:30 pm
Posts: 482
I just bought the 50th Anniversary release of Music From the Big Pink on pink vinyl.

I already own it. But I love it so much.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun August 21, 2016 12:22 pm
Posts: 62
B wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
B wrote:
Quote:
We regret to inform you that one or all of the items that you have ordered are not currently in stock. Although the item was originally advertised as in stock, it seems to have been either oversold, or the inventory may have been slightly inaccurate.

Please let us know if there is anything on our website of similar or more value, and we will be sure to work something out in your favor. In the meantime, the item or items that are not in stock on your order will be cancelled and refunded immediately. We deeply regret any inconvenience that this may have caused you and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely,
Buydig.com Customer Service
(800) 617-4686
customerservice@buydig.com


A little Ten-Clubby if you ask me.


Buy Dig, thanks for all you do!


I found it on Amazon for $10 more. I have a feeling Buy Dig will eventually go out of business and bitch about not being able to compete against Amazon. Which will be true, but won't be because Amazon is big and rich.


It also reeks of SoundStageDirect.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Tue September 11, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18224
Location: Seattle, WA
picked this up at the flea market this weekend

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 1:07 am 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36419
Location: Mountains
Man i moved on that record store like a bitch! what?

Just kidding. But seriously maybe i got a bit out of control

Image


happy off season to me!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 1:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 9483
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
How's that new Phosphorescent album?

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 1:18 am 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36419
Location: Mountains
Rangi Guy wrote:
How's that new Phosphorescent album?

Ill let you know when i get to it!

The first single he released i thought was pretty awful so here's to hoping the rest is good. Loved muchacho


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 2:05 am 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36419
Location: Mountains
Rangi - Im loving it.....

It sounds beautiful and a couple of really great tracks. "Christmas Down Under" leading the pack as of now...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 2:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 9483
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Strat wrote:
Rangi - Im loving it.....

It sounds beautiful and a couple of really great tracks. "Christmas Down Under" leading the pack as of now...

:thumbsup: Can't wait to get my hands on a copy

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Tue October 09, 2018 4:49 pm 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14297
Location: Cumberland, RI
Record Store Day Black Friday list is up: https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

I'll do it for you all: "Ugh, these releases get shittier and shittier every year" / "Way too commercialized" / "Only represses?"

Looks like a nice break from RSD earlier this year when I bought 9 fucking releases. There are only 2 on this list that I am all-in on.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Tue October 09, 2018 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 9483
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Simple Torture wrote:
Record Store Day Black Friday list is up: https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

I'll do it for you all: "Ugh, these releases get shittier and shittier every year" / "Way too commercialized" / "Only represses?"

Looks like a nice break from RSD earlier this year when I bought 9 fucking releases. There are only 2 on this list that I am all-in on.

There's a few in there I wouldn't mind getting my hands on

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vinyl Thread: Still Listen On Wax, Don't Use The CD
PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 7:38 pm 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14297
Location: Cumberland, RI
Boy, howdy, I went into a local today because I had a few minutes before work and the prices are so jacked up. $25 for a single LP ($30 if you want the limited edition colored vinyl). I am fine ordering online, and I like ordering directly from artists/labels, but I also like digging through bins--it just stinks when things are so expensive (tbf, this is a store that doesn't have used LPs--the larger branch of the same chain has hundreds of used and you can get good deals).

They did have some good stuff on clearance, so I didn't walk out empty-handed. But still.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: philpritchard, Strat and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed November 21, 2018 2:22 pm