The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: BECK
PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 8:48 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

gardenparty wrote:
Odelay
Mutations
Sea Change
Midnite Vultures
Guero
Mellow Gold
Morning Phase
Modern Guilt
Colors
The Information
One Foot in the Grave

I happen to think every album on that list but the bottom two are fantastic. Says a lot about his output. Great artist.

PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 9:29 pm 
The Master

liebzz wrote:
gardenparty wrote:
Odelay
Mutations
Sea Change
Midnite Vultures
Guero
Mellow Gold
Morning Phase
Modern Guilt
Colors
The Information
One Foot in the Grave

I happen to think every album on that list but the bottom two are fantastic. Says a lot about his output. Great artist.

Where's Stereopathetic Soulmanure?

PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 10:54 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
I like Beck, but after seeing him at Red Rocks last summer, I didn’t think I’d ever see him again. Just bought 4 tickets, though. My kids LOVE Colors. I can’t say I blame them. It’s such a fun listen. The title track and Up All Night are two of his best songs since Guero.

Are you going to the show at the Armory?

Yes. Not ideal since my kids are short, but whatever.

Oh nice, bringing the kids :thumbsup: I might be at the show too. I’ve got several friends that are going, I’m trying to get my schedule figured out to be there too. Haven’t been to Armory yet but I’ve heard good things.

PostPosted: Sat June 23, 2018 1:03 am 
Rank This Poster

PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
I like Beck, but after seeing him at Red Rocks last summer, I didn’t think I’d ever see him again. Just bought 4 tickets, though. My kids LOVE Colors. I can’t say I blame them. It’s such a fun listen. The title track and Up All Night are two of his best songs since Guero.

Oh nice, bringing the kids :thumbsup: I might be at the show too. I’ve got several friends that are going, I’m trying to get my schedule figured out to be there too. Haven’t been to Armory yet but I’ve heard good things.

It’s nice. I took my wife to see Pink during the Super Bowl weekend.

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 8:52 pm 
slower than 82% of US

I’ll be seeing this dude on Monday and I’m super excited about it. I’ve seen him open for U2, but never in a headliner spot. Set lists have looked great

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 9:36 pm 
Future Drummer

Love his folk/rock music, hate his "party" music. Odelay was a huge disappointment when it came out. I didn't know a single fan who liked it at the time, despite it's current reputation as a "classic".

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 11:05 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Love his folk/rock music, hate his "party" music. Odelay was a huge disappointment when it came out. I didn't know a single fan who liked it at the time, despite it's current reputation as a "classic".

I knew a lot of people that loved it at the time. I also think Midnight Vultures, Guero, Modern Guilt, and now Colors are all genius albums that don’t garner the same love as Sea Change and Modern Phase because the former are more fun and less poetic but to me are no less fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 11:12 pm 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:

I knew a lot of people that loved it at the time. I also think Midnight Vultures, Guero, Modern Guilt, and now Colors are all genius albums that don’t garner the same love as Sea Change and Modern Phase because the former are more fun and less poetic but to me are no less fantastic.

Odelay and Midnight Vultures do next to nothing for me.

It pissed me off that Mutations was tossed off as a "stop-gap" album at the time, because it's 10X better than either of those albums. I guess they thought people wouldn't like it because it wasn't like Odelay. :(

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 12:14 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Oh...thing is I like mutations as well.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 6:30 am 

liebzz wrote:

Odelay and Midnight Vultures do next to nothing for me.

It pissed me off that Mutations was tossed off as a "stop-gap" album at the time, because it's 10X better than either of those albums. I guess they thought people wouldn't like it because it wasn't like Odelay. :(

I love all of those albums. I LOVE them. I don’t know if I could even pick a favorite, but if forced I’d probably say Mutations.

PostPosted: Sat September 15, 2018 4:36 am 
Rank This Poster

daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:

This far exceeded expectations. I’ve seen Beck 7 or 8 times over 20 years, and this was the best of all. The Colors songs are so much fun, and Beck knows Guero is his best non-acoustic album. Cannot believe he played Earthquake Weather and Go It Alone! My kids fucking loved it. If Beck is good no to be doing a show near you and you’re a fan, check it out. His band is great, and except for ignoring Mutations, he’s crushing it.

PostPosted: Sat September 15, 2018 4:40 am 

daft twat wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:

This far exceeded expectations. I’ve seen Beck 7 or 8 times over 20 years, and this was the best of all. The Colors songs are so much fun, and Beck knows Guero is his best non-acoustic album. Cannot believe he played Earthquake Weather and Go It Alone! My kids fucking loved it. If Beck is good no to be doing a show near you and you’re a fan, check it out. His band is great, and except for ignoring Mutations, he’s crushing it.

I didn’t end up going. Schedule conflicts. My friends that were there all said it was a great show too. Wish I could’ve made it.

PostPosted: Sat September 15, 2018 1:00 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I was on the fence about going tonight because it is a festival. But I really want to see him and this may be my only shot this tour, so I'm definitely doing it.

PostPosted: Sat September 15, 2018 7:45 pm 
Rank This Poster

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I was on the fence about going tonight because it is a festival. But I really want to see him and this may be my only shot this tour, so I'm definitely doing it.

He’ll probably play Fatal. :?

PostPosted: Sun September 16, 2018 1:02 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Festival setlist but he is so great live

Devils Haircut
Loser
The New Pollution
Wow
Black Tambourine
l'm So Free
Lost Cause
Blue Moon
Dreams
Girl
Up All Night
E-Pro

Encore:
Cars
(Gary Numan cover)
Where It's At

PostPosted: Tue September 18, 2018 7:59 pm 
AnalLog

Mutations is kind of like Binaural and Riot Act for Pearl Jam.

There is a huge amount of love for the albums but the artists seem to think they are universally hated.

If you ever read an interview with Beck about Mutations he sounds ashamed he released it. can't wrap my head around that.

PostPosted: Tue September 18, 2018 8:30 pm 
The Master

i never knew that, that's a bummer

PostPosted: Tue September 18, 2018 9:00 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I don't quite like Mutations besides a few tunes.

PostPosted: Tue September 18, 2018 9:04 pm 
Rank This Poster

Mutations is his best album.

PostPosted: Thu September 20, 2018 4:17 am 
Rank This Poster

run2death wrote:
Mutations is his best album.

This isn’t even opinion. This is fact.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands