The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3821 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 192  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 3:43 am 
Looks Like a Cat

washing machine wrote:
meatwad wrote:
This Beto guy could pull an Obama I think, and maybe be ready by 2020. Especially if he beats Cruz, that's going to really propel him within the party and national stage.

I live in Texas. I like Beto. A lot of people do. He just ran a battle of the bands style fundraiser at the live music venue across the street from where I work, actually. I hope he brings out the vote, but I'm not optimistic that he carries rural areas, and that's a lot of the state. Poor Texas and America might not have seen the last of the ol' Zodiac Killer, I'm afraid.

Anyway, here's Beto hardcore riffing with Cedric Bixler-Zavala back in the 90's.

PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 6:46 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

How could anybody vote Ted Cruz the Zodiac Killer over that?

Omar Rodriguez 2020: Make America a never ending guitar solo

PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 2:09 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

those skills took applicable to running a government

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 2:31 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

back to this thread;

MAYBE

just maybe

since he is in GWB's pocket, and the Bush's dislike Trump, Kavanet Sauvignaughbrett will actually cast the vote to banish trump to the gulag

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 5:37 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

What on earth could be in this letter about Kavanaugh's nomination, that it needed to be promptly delivered to the FBI?

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 5:46 pm 
Production Police

McParadigm wrote:
What on earth could be in this letter about Kavanaugh's nomination, that it needed to be promptly delivered to the FBI?

It apparently concerns an incident that occurred between him and a girl while he was in college

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 5:53 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

It apparently concerns an incident that occurred between him and a girl while he was in college

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly the arc I'd expect from the writers at this point in the season.

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 5:55 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Nah, at this point I'd expect he killed someone. Or had a secret gay relationship.

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 6:05 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

washing machine wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly the arc I'd expect from the writers at this point in the season.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 6:18 pm 
Production Police

Now they're reporting it was in high school, not college. In which case, who cares.

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 6:38 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

tragabigzanda wrote:
Now they're reporting it was in high school, not college. In which case, who cares.

Let he who never raped a couple of broads in high school cast the first stone.

Spoiler: show
Not saying he raped anyone, it was a joke, team.

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 6:39 pm 
AnalLog

After what Republicans did regarding Merrick Garland, I'm all Dems creating this kind of spectacle. Fuck the GOP and their dickhead nominee.

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 7:13 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I'd say everything everyone does in high school could be characterized as "sexual misconduct," but yeah, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 7:19 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

meatwad wrote:
After what Republicans did regarding Merrick Garland, I'm all Dems creating this kind of spectacle. Fuck the GOP and their dickhead nominee.

I'm all for this guy not being on the court, but this is probably not a smart move. It's difficult enough to prove claims like this, should what was implied above be what is being alleged. If this isn't bulletproof the blow-back from the coming war on the accuser will harm a lot of victims plus it puts female Senators in a very difficult place (which the cynic in me assumes is the point of the timing and press-leak of this).

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 7:28 pm 
AnalLog

Bi_3 wrote:
meatwad wrote:

I'm all for this guy not being on the court, but this is probably not a smart move. It's difficult enough to prove claims like this, should what was implied above be what is being alleged. If this isn't bulletproof the blow-back from the coming war on the accuser will harm a lot of victims plus it puts female Senators in a very difficult place (which the cynic in me assumes is the point of the timing and press-leak of this).

Definitely tons of backfire potential, but hopefully they know what they're doing and there's something there to be substantiated. Either way I think they did the right thing by handing it off to the FBI...let them decide if there's anything there.

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 10:30 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

meatwad wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
meatwad wrote:

Definitely tons of backfire potential, but hopefully they know what they're doing and there's something there to be substantiated. Either way I think they did the right thing by handing it off to the FBI...let them decide if there's anything there.

Apparently Feinstein has been sitting on this since mid summer, so the timing is clearly tied to the vote next week. This is America in 2018: leaking rape allegations, timed so the accused cannot defend themselves, to derail a political appointment. Pretty disgusting

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 10:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

welcome to ‘modern presidential’ politics

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 10:35 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Bi_3 wrote:
meatwad wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
meatwad wrote:

Apparently Feinstein has been sitting on this since mid summer, so the timing is clearly tied to the vote next week. This is America in 2018: leaking rape allegations, timed so the accused cannot defend themselves, to derail a political appointment. Pretty disgusting

And yet we're talking about the next 30 years of jurisprudence. Maybe if they hadn't gone nuclear and gotten rid of the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees...

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 10:45 pm 
Production Police

mixed feelings. on the one hand, it's good to see the dems willingness to getting into the muck tactics that the GOP has been using for years.

on the other, the dems are well on their way to being as corrupt as the GOP, and will soon have their own blue swamp. looking forward to the Kim Kardashian/Patty Griffin battle for the CA vote in 20 more years

PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 10:52 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

well merrick garland so fuck all this

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3821 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 192  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate