The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2985, 2986, 2987, 2988, 2989, 2990, 2991 ... 3051  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 1:14 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu April 21, 2016 12:19 am
Posts: 3722
run2death wrote:
I've had involuntary muscle spasms in my left arm for almost 36 hours.

It's driving me insane.



Eating bananas might help alleviate the spasms. Or try potassium and magnesium supplements.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 13645
Location: Dat Azz
PHATJ wrote:
tmcs wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
I’m tired. I went to bed at 10:15 last night because I had to be up at 4:15 this morning to travel for work. Well, I lad in bed for six hours and basically didn’t sleep. At 4am I got up and turned my alarm off 15 minuets early, too late to hope for a moment of sleep at that point. I left my house at 5am and drove for five straight hours until I arrived in Menominee, MI. I spent the next seven hours there going to varies sales appointments all over town. When I finished working in Menominee, I drove another 2.5 hours to Marquette, MI, where I’m staying tonight and tomorrow night. It’s now 10:40pm. I’ve been “up” since 4am but haven’t slept since Saturday night (3am - 9:15am). I drove for 7.5 hours today and worked an additional 9 hours making sales. That’s a 16.5 hour work day on six hours of sleep since I woke up Saturday morning. I don’t know how I’m still functional.


Marquette is a cool town. Get yourself a six pack of Blackrocks and/or Ore Dock and drink yourself to sleep.

I love Marquette. Already had a couple beers tonight. I’ll be asleep in short order.

I slept for 10 hours, and I don’t think I moved all night.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 1:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 13645
Location: Dat Azz
Monkey_Driven wrote:
What's the status of your stubble?

I have plenty stubble.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15015
Location: Mizzou
PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
What's the status of your stubble?

I have plenty stubble.


Hot.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 13645
Location: Dat Azz
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
What's the status of your stubble?

I have plenty stubble.


Hot.

I almost just posted a sexy selfie to show that hot stubble, but I don’t want to break the internet.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:20 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4462
Flight home from Chicago just got cancelled. This fucking storm has it out for me.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5882
Location: Washington State
PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
tmcs wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
I’m tired. I went to bed at 10:15 last night because I had to be up at 4:15 this morning to travel for work. Well, I lad in bed for six hours and basically didn’t sleep. At 4am I got up and turned my alarm off 15 minuets early, too late to hope for a moment of sleep at that point. I left my house at 5am and drove for five straight hours until I arrived in Menominee, MI. I spent the next seven hours there going to varies sales appointments all over town. When I finished working in Menominee, I drove another 2.5 hours to Marquette, MI, where I’m staying tonight and tomorrow night. It’s now 10:40pm. I’ve been “up” since 4am but haven’t slept since Saturday night (3am - 9:15am). I drove for 7.5 hours today and worked an additional 9 hours making sales. That’s a 16.5 hour work day on six hours of sleep since I woke up Saturday morning. I don’t know how I’m still functional.


Marquette is a cool town. Get yourself a six pack of Blackrocks and/or Ore Dock and drink yourself to sleep.

I love Marquette. Already had a couple beers tonight. I’ll be asleep in short order.

I slept for 10 hours, and I don’t think I moved all night.
I did that the other day. It was such a weird feeling too, waking up refreshed but also with a sense of deja vu because your body is in the same place as when you fell asleep.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37437
Just found out my whole work team is going out for breakfast on Friday. It’s nice that I’m getting paid to eat a free breakfast at a good restaurant, but I’m dreading being around my co-workers outside of work.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 4:49 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4462
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Just found out my whole work team is going out for breakfast on Friday. It’s nice that I’m getting paid to eat a free breakfast at a good restaurant, but I’m dreading being around my co-workers outside of work.


Ask them the Grimes vs. Asia A. question, then you'll never have to interact with them again.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5882
Location: Washington State
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Just found out my whole work team is going out for breakfast on Friday. It’s nice that I’m getting paid to eat a free breakfast at a good restaurant, but I’m dreading being around my co-workers outside of work.

My boss at my last job would do these. I absolutely abhor eating around people because they inevitably want to talk to me right when I take a bite of something. Also a blanket fear of having something in my teeth and not knowing.

One good thing about it is that he'd schedule them in lieu of our morning meeting so we would close the office, walk over, and came back about an hour later.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23732
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Just found out my whole work team is going out for breakfast on Friday. It’s nice that I’m getting paid to eat a free breakfast at a good restaurant, but I’m dreading being around my co-workers outside of work.

ask them if they separate the art from the artist


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4266
setting up a new computer for a salesman

*text me your password for email and the network)

he texts me

me: tries passwords which do not work

get in touch with him and ask him again for passwords. he swears up and down they work and hes using them right now. i explain i cannot log into the system with them are you sure

of course im sure...im on my personal computer now with those passwords


wait...what? whats your personal computer have to do with this?

you asked for my passwords


*head literally drops to my desk and coworkers chuckle (hes on spearkerphone)

why would i who works at the same company as you care what your personal computer and personal email passwords are and why on earth would you send them to me. this is for your work computer

oh well you didnt say so

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5882
Location: Washington State
Image

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4266
word

thankfully our legal dept is right next to my office and can usually hear my daily calls

im covered should i ever just snap

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23732
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
It's been very cold and wet the last couple days. I have to clean my whole kitchen today, but I have a firm commitment to myself to be home and in a hot bath by 3pm.

Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17776
Location: Seattle, WA
tragabigzanda wrote:
It's been very cold and wet the last couple days. I have to clean my whole kitchen today, but I have a firm commitment to myself to be home and in a hot bath by 3pm.

Spoiler: show
Image


meanwhile in seattle

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23732
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
It's been very cold and wet the last couple days. I have to clean my whole kitchen today, but I have a firm commitment to myself to be home and in a hot bath by 3pm.

Spoiler: show
Image


meanwhile in seattle

Image

:shock: I had heard it was bad, but that is really something. The past 48 hours have taken some of the smoke away, it was starting to get pretty nasty here this past week, even had ash raining down on our home just like Strat did. But nothing like that pic of Seattle. :shake:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5882
Location: Washington State
I was shocked at the amount of fires in BC right now:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/i ... 65dbcd7538

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23732
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Gaia is revolting.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 5:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4033
Again, we need to ban campfires on all public lands in the West starting now.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2985, 2986, 2987, 2988, 2989, 2990, 2991 ... 3051  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri October 19, 2018 2:50 am