The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018-08-20: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:08 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I had a mild worry/regret that I didn't do the Chicago shows after Missoula, but I feel like those setlists were decent but nothing spectacular, so I feel a little better. Plus, I got Fatal.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:15 pm 
Broken Tamborine

For sure the rain and being stuck in the concourse took the some of the air out of the show for me.
That being said I just don’t understand their set list choices. I am not chasing a white whale or anything but not playing anything from Binaural or Riot Act and only 2 hits from Yield is perplexing. No slow songs, the awful cover of Jack White.
Got Boston coming, I hope they can make up for it but this was a bottom 5 show for me of 50+.

The Wrigley/Cubs thing is played out.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:16 pm 
Broken Tamborine

If they're busting out Redux "bonus" tracks - I personally would have preferred to hear Mike play 2000 Mile Blues. At least he'd could have been shredding while Eddie mumbled lyrics...

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:17 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I had a mild worry/regret that I didn't do the Chicago shows after Missoula, but I feel like those setlists were decent but nothing spectacular, so I feel a little better. Plus, I got Fatal.

None of the Wrigley shows have been particularly great, but Chicago is.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:19 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

jdopj wrote:
For sure the rain and being stuck in the concourse took the some of the air out of the show for me.
That being said I just don’t understand their set list choices. I am not chasing a white whale or anything but not playing anything from Binaural or Riot Act and only 2 hits from Yield is perplexing. No slow songs, the awful cover of Jack White.
Got Boston coming, I hope they can make up for it but this was a bottom 5 show for me of 50+.

The Wrigley/Cubs thing is played out.

This. TYHD and Rain back to back killed their honest effort to get the crowd back. Plus the obviously stressed/rushed Ed was flubbing shit all over the place early on.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:27 pm 
The Master

Ed just can't really sing Given to Fly anymore. They may want to give it a rest.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:28 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm in love with this set list. On paper, at least, it looks fucking outstanding. I hope those in attendance had a blast.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:31 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

agree the Cubs thing is over done (and im a cubs fan), but imo these shows this weekend were really good and fun with interesting set lists.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:32 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Ed just can't really sing Given to Fly anymore. They may want to give it a rest.

wha...

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:36 pm 
The Master

Both Night 1 and Night 2 sets were pretty good. Not nearly enough Binaural or Riot Act though.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:39 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I just thought why not open with Release?
Drop a few of the covers
Take out Rain/Hatred/Patriot and play Faithful, Anything off Binaural and LBC or Save You
Changes the show

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:45 pm 
The Master

jdopj wrote:
I just thought why not open with Release?
Drop a few of the covers
Take out Rain/Hatred/Patriot and play Faithful, Anything off Binaural and LBC or Save You
Changes the show

They really need to start respecting binaural and riot act more. It does make me sad they rarely play any of it.

Throw Your Hatred down was a fucking highlight for me in Missoula. That can stay.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:51 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm in love with this set list. On paper, at least, it looks fucking outstanding. I hope those in attendance had a blast.

Honestly being crammed into the concourse like sardines, to the point where a few people started having borderline panic attacks, probably twisted my perception of it. In 2013 we were alllowed back into the lower bowl quickly so that made the wait better.

When we got back on the field There was a young woman two rows behind me who has going fucking nuts dancing during U, clearly having an amazing night, so there were definitely peeps loving it.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 3:03 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Bi_3 wrote:
When we got back on the field There was a young woman two rows behind me who has going fucking nuts dancing during U, clearly having an amazing night, so there were definitely peeps loving it.

Hahaha she was the absolute worst!! She was right next to me at first and kept fucking jumping on my feet and knocking into me. Absolutely ruined the first part of the show for me. Didn't think I could find the worst Pearl Jam fan you know dude-bro meathead in a woman's body but here we are.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 3:03 pm 

Was there lightning or just rain? If it was only rain I'd probably rather get soaked in order to avoid the sardine situation.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 3:08 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Really hard to recover from that fucking rain delay. The people working there had absolutely no clue what to do with everyone. Took them way too long to finally realize they were going to have to open up the center field corridor so we could get covered.

Wrigley can go scratch. 2016 shows were outstanding and it brought about Let's Play Two. But I'm over the whole getting rained on and huddling in a shitty concourse bit. If I never set foot in that place again, it'll be too soon.

Other than that, had a halfway decent time!

GTF was a great opener.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 3:08 pm 
Rank This Poster

A rare case of night 1 being far superior.

Given to Fly was the perfect opener. There was legitimate worry that the thing might not go off, so it felt like a celebration. It also brought to my attention how tired of 2-3 slow songs to start I am. Start the fucking rawk show.

The first 5 - 6 songs were great fun, but the two covers let out the air, and I never recovered from that. I will never understand who they’re doing the covers for. No one I know is excited for them.

Immortality was a highlight for me, and I have a friend who has been hoping to see Leash for 25 years, so that was cool. But anyone who talks about Evil Little Goat (not a song) or U (not a good song) as highlights is an asshole. They really dropped the ball on rarely played songs. Getaway sounded like shit on night 1. Alone was outstanding, though.

Ed forgot an entire verse of.....Evenflow. Jesus.
Rodman was there and rocking out between the seats and ga during Porch. My favorite part was the security guard after he left: “He needs to keep his ass at home!”

Wrigley is played out. They should give it at least 5 years.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 3:09 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Lightning
Emptied the field

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 3:09 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Captain Termite wrote:
Was there lightning or just rain? If it was only rain I'd probably rather get soaked in order to avoid the sardine situation.

There was lightning nearby which is why they had everyone leave the field.

PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 3:12 pm 
Stone's Bitch

daft twat wrote:
It also brought to my attention how tired of 2-3 slow songs to start I am. Start the fucking rawk show.

Yes! It was a nice experiment for one tour but enough already. I long for a show like Champaign '03 that starts with DTE and a "Let's go!!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live