The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198 ... 1182  Next

Early Impressions
5 stars 26%  26%  [ 69 ]
4 stars 55%  55%  [ 144 ]
3 stars 10%  10%  [ 26 ]
2 star 6%  6%  [ 16 ]
1 star 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 262
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 4:36 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

daft twat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
liebzz wrote:
Plenty of artists have gone through dry periods and follow it up with a solid second life. Dylan, Springsteen, Neil Young.

It’s notable that these examples are all solo artists. It’s a lot tougher (maybe impossible) to find a band who’ve pulled the same trick, presumably for obvious, pragmatic reasons.

Boston? Listening to old American Top 40 on Iheartradio, and I think my guy Casey said “Amanda” was a return to the chart after 7 years.

We're doomed

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 12:12 pm 
AnalLog

Quote:
Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready was recently interviewed on KEXP, and he discussed the band’s new album, and addressed rumors that it will come out in 2019, despite the release of a new song titled “Can’t Deny Me” coming in spring 2018.

The KEXP host said he was looking forward to a new album.

McCready said, “Yeah, me too. I don’t know where we’re at in that process right now (laughs). So we’ll see, I’ve heard rumors that it’s next year. I don’t know where we’re at in that process right now. I wish we did.”

So both Jeff and Mike don't know where they are....

Eddie what are you doing man? haha

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 12:48 pm 
Stone's Bitch

joostone wrote:
Quote:
Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready was recently interviewed on KEXP, and he discussed the band’s new album, and addressed rumors that it will come out in 2019, despite the release of a new song titled “Can’t Deny Me” coming in spring 2018.

The KEXP host said he was looking forward to a new album.

McCready said, “Yeah, me too. I don’t know where we’re at in that process right now (laughs). So we’ll see, I’ve heard rumors that it’s next year. I don’t know where we’re at in that process right now. I wish we did.”

So both Jeff and Mike don't know where they are....

Eddie what are you doing man? haha

yeah these are really bizarre answers. maybe ed is going on year 5 of writer's block.

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 1:51 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

“I’ve heard rumors” and “I don’t know where we're at in the process right now,” are pretty weird statements, coming from one of only five members of what used to be called (checks notes) a band.

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 2:01 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I guess they are not really talking about what they are doing musically in the studio or whatever. They both talk about being half way there or something so there seems to be music recorded.

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 2:05 pm 
The Master

I have a feeling they don't talk much other than just before, during, and right after shows.

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 2:11 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I just hope that in all of this time apart, Matt is working on a new Wellwater album

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 2:36 pm 
The Master

My read on this is "we are all writing songs and emailing them to each other, but we have no idea which ones Ed likes or if/when he intends to write and record lyrics."

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 2:39 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, thats my feeling too. They are doing a lot of work but they dont know actually about the proper album.

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 2:57 pm 
The Master

worth mentioning that the lines between demos and tracks intended for release is virtually non-existent these days, especially for a successful band who all have some sort of studio rig at their house. remember how Ed rearranged Matt's demo into The Fixer? I think that's probably more in line with how their albums are getting made these days

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 3:02 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Well, when you’ve seen a method produce such amazing results....

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 3:05 pm 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:

while i'll defend The Fixer until the day i die, the fact is that the "album by email" method is a sure fire way to never again capture the atmosphere of songs like Of the Girl, Can't Keep, etc

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 3:16 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

while i'll defend The Fixer until the day i die, the fact is that the "album by email" method is a sure fire way to never again capture the atmosphere of songs like Of the Girl, Can't Keep, etc

Pretty much. Unless a few members get together in the same room to riff on some of these emailed ideas.

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 3:55 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

I like Backspacer alright. But the impersonal, convenience-based approach is one that yields fewer and fewer rewards the longer you live with it. Happy accidents and impulsive flourishes regularly drive any good ship into “what if we” territory, and the longer you live without that the less you think of your music in those terms.

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 3:59 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Im not sure BS is a good example of a band mailing ideas.
The bulk of the music came from the band sans ed meeting and going for it.
Ed joined them after they got the music and then edited the fixer, wrote lyrics and came with his songs..but even songs like UK were already written by him.

I kinda feel PJ has always wrote music this way and it works for them even in hard sessions like No Code for example.

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 6:10 pm 
known prankster

liebzz wrote:
Plenty of artists have gone through dry periods and follow it up with a solid second life. Dylan, Springsteen, Neil Young. I think given the current climate both politically (theme for inspiration) and the current music landscape there’s plenty they have the opportunity to explore. Whether they do that is a story to be told, but the ground is fertile for an excellent album from them.

Even at that, I still personally feel that although both Backspacer and Lightning Bolt are at the bottom of my rankings, they are no Lucky Town or Human Touch, or even Tunnel of Love.

Am I misunderstanding you or are you saying Tunnel of Love is on the same par as Human Touch and Lucky Town? Because you deserve a beating around these parts for saying blasphemy like that.

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 6:54 pm 
AnalLog

lecherouslittlestump wrote:
liebzz wrote:
Plenty of artists have gone through dry periods and follow it up with a solid second life. Dylan, Springsteen, Neil Young. I think given the current climate both politically (theme for inspiration) and the current music landscape there’s plenty they have the opportunity to explore. Whether they do that is a story to be told, but the ground is fertile for an excellent album from them.

Even at that, I still personally feel that although both Backspacer and Lightning Bolt are at the bottom of my rankings, they are no Lucky Town or Human Touch, or even Tunnel of Love.

Am I misunderstanding you or are you saying Tunnel of Love is on the same par as Human Touch and Lucky Town? Because you deserve a beating around these parts for saying blasphemy like that.

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 7:02 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i feel like the band might be playing coy about all of this. i'm sure they are fully aware that the moment they start talking about working on a new album, or saying they are done, shit starts going crazy. i mean, even our pessimistic asses have written 195 pages about this.

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 7:08 pm 
The Master

i swear to god i'm not on steroids right now!

PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 7:15 pm 
Stone's Bitch

bodysnatcher wrote:
i feel like the band might be playing coy about all of this. i'm sure they are fully aware that the moment they start talking about working on a new album, or saying they are done, shit starts going crazy. i mean, even our pessimistic asses have written 195 pages about this.

the optimistic take on all this odd hemming and hawing is that they're further down the road than we think and they're gonna do some kind of surprise rodlease.

i highly doubt that though.

more realistically the band has probably been getting together here and there without ed and working on "ideas." ed is opaque about his intentions and they all just end up waiting around for him to come in and finish but really don't know when the hell that will be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198 ... 1182  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam