The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 597, 598, 599, 600, 601, 602, 603 ... 1306  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 2:31 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

1) "Fascism" isn't on the rise in this country, you do just need to turn off the TV now and again, and escape the twitter re-feed cycle. Sometimes i wonder if left-wingers are watching more Fox News than the republican stereotypes in their heads, for tantrum-based purposes

2) China trade war is necessary otherwise China will dominate IT intellectual property within the next 5 years, just like they took over the solar industry. Now is the time to do it because the economy is roaring. You can't take them on when the economy is floundering. China does cheat and steal. Fuck them

3) US is not leaving NATO. NATO exists to protect Dick Cheney's interests

4) NATO countries do need to contribute more to their own defense. WWII ended 50+ years ago. Time to grow up

5) North Korea bitching Trump doesn't matter. There won't be nuclear war, that's all that matters. Trump's reputation is already garbage everywhere

6) Bob Mueller will slay everyone when the Dems take over the House and Senate

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 5:47 am 
The Master

Strat wrote:
run2death wrote:
Andy Biggs is a hate-mongering peice of human garbage.

Unfortunately he's got a golden ticket, the district he's in is nothing but Mormons and bluehairs.

He loves america so hard

wasn't that guy Argo's soccer coach?

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 6:49 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

700 pages, but 400 are just Russian bot posting.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 7:22 am 
what on earth am I talking about

Twitter are currently deleting millions of bot accounts. It’s kinda cool.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 9:52 am 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:

What a fucking farce the Republican Party has become.

It's hard to comprehend. They have what is essentially an unparalleled moment (from a modern history perspective) to shape the future of the nation and they still wont stop with the "but her emails!".

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 11:29 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 12:17 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
run2death wrote:
Andy Biggs is a hate-mongering peice of human garbage.

Unfortunately he's got a golden ticket, the district he's in is nothing but Mormons and bluehairs.

He loves america so hard

wasn't that guy Argo's soccer coach?

what?

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 12:25 pm 
AnalLog

Protecting 'traditions' and 'culture' and declaring that they are under attack have been buzz words used to enact violence on minorities and people that are different than the majority for centuries. Hate, racism, and nationalistic pride are packed within those phrases.

If you wonder how society can function without a shared culture visit a major city. A decline in traditions is just straight bullshit. I don't know what that means.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 1:05 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

jwfocker wrote:
Protecting 'traditions' and 'culture' and declaring that they are under attack have been buzz words used to enact violence on minorities and people that are different than the majority for centuries. Hate, racism, and nationalistic pride are packed within those phrases.

In the context the red team is using it now, i somewhat agree. I dont think they are all racists, but I think a majority of people (not politicians) using those phrases right now are letting fear and prejudice prevent them from understanding that culture is not static. And Trump is certainly leveraging that to all of our detriments.

jwfocker wrote:
If you wonder how society can function without a shared culture visit a major city. A decline in traditions is just straight bullshit. I don't know what that means.

I disagree here, but it's way outside the bounds of this thread and we are taking up precious [Tweet][/Tweet] space with it.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 1:08 pm 

I dunno. London is basically many small towns amalgamated into one big metropolis. Different ethinicities are grouped together in different places. That said they coexist. Nothing at all like the bullshit ‘you can’t go to certain areas in london’ from trump a few weeks back.
There isn’t full integration in the true sense meaning full melting pot everyone equally dispersed, in every area, but they’re not at war with each other either, nor are you in danger if you go to those areas, as the alt right bullshit narrative would have you believe either.

My city is a whole lot smaller but we’re seeing the same thing, the African and Chinese communities for example, all tend to have businesses in the same areas and live close to each other but it’s not ghettoisation or anything like that. Just happens naturally.

Trumps a cunt, is the chant for the day by the way.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 1:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

In the context the red team is using it now, i somewhat agree. I dont think they are all racists, but I think a majority of people (not politicians) using those phrases right now are letting fear and prejudice prevent them from understanding that culture is not static. And Trump is certainly leveraging that to all of our detriments.

This is probably fair for many. A big part of anti-Irish sentiment was the idea that Catholicism was incompatible with American culture (LOL), and would harm it. That’s not how the sentiments played out, or how they were expressed over time, but that and the predicted costs to the American labor market were the starting point. A culture and economic fear erupted into stupidity.

Never minding that the president referring to European culture here also uses the word to describe Confederate statues, the culture argument is exactly of the type that comes when you form your opinion first (feels true), and gather information second. It does feel perfectly reasonable, as a possible danger, until you examine actual research into the issue.

We would all be best served in learning our lesson from the Irish immigration story. Stop obsessing over the differences immigrants represent, and start looking for their lucky charms.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 1:55 pm 

McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

This is probably fair for many. A big part of anti-Irish sentiment was the idea that Catholicism was incompatible with American culture (LOL), and would harm it. That’s not how the sentiments played out, or how they were expressed over time, but that and the predicted costs to the American labor market were the starting point. A culture and economic fear erupted into stupidity.

Never minding that the president referring to European culture here also uses the word to describe Confederate statues, the culture argument is exactly of the type that comes when you form your opinion first (feels true), and gather information second. It does feel perfectly reasonable, as a possible danger, until you examine actual research into the issue.

We would all be best served in learning our lesson from the Irish immigration story. Stop obsessing over the differences immigrants represent, and start looking for their lucky charms.

The vast majority of the 40 million Irish Americans seem to be the worst kind of republican redneck pig ignorant uneducated racist assholes but that’s more a reflection on what happened to them in your country the past 200 years. It’s not representative of mine at all.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 2:29 pm 

So in case you guys aren’t seeing it,
Brits are in their thousands protestin him being there, London is being circled by US miltary aircraft ,
online media are losing their minds that he took Mays hand,
he’s denyin he ever said anything reported in the interview with the Sun, said it’s fake news (they have the full audio online)
And he’s claiming he was in Scotland the day before the brexit vote and predicted Scotland would vote leave. (He was there the day after and they voted to remain).

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 2:30 pm 
Major Dude

dimejinky99 wrote:
Brits are in their thousands protestin him being there, London is being circled by US miltary aircraft ,
he’s denyin he ever said anything reported in the interview with the Sun, said it’s fake news (they have the full audio online)
And he’s claiming he was in Scotland the day before the brexit vote and predicted Scotland would vote leave. (He was there the day after and they voted to remain).

May should've told him to fuck off.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 2:48 pm 

wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Repeatedly.
The sun interview only emerged last night, after they’d first met. She should have went for him today at that press conference. He literally said Boris Johnson would make a fantastic PM but Theresa is doing a fantastic job.

She was standing right there.

He’s being a complete cunt on purpose in order to sow division but it’s only going to blow back on him ultimately.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 3:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

It’s the rare occasion where I agree with dime’s most impulsive reaction. Nobody has yet gained a thing in return for standing stone-faced, locked in obedience to old norms, next to this man while he devotes every word to serving his own interests and ego. You can only look small and weak by letting him tear you down or recommend to your people a successor right in front of you.

Part of the Trump base fantasy is that American exceptionalism is real and absolute, and the thing is...he derives power almost solely through his base. When you allow these humiliations, it appears to that distorted worldview to be a confirmation of every fantasy they ever had.

Tyrants and weasels give Trump the optics he wants and the power he needs in return for the outcomes they desire. Real leaders should reject that unending need to make the president appear acceptable and accepted, because so long as you do that he doesn’t actually think he needs you for literally anything else.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 3:22 pm 
Major Dude

McParadigm wrote:
It’s the rare occasion where I agree with dime’s most impulsive reaction. Nobody has yet gained a thing in return for standing stone-faced, locked in obedience to old norms, next to this man while he devotes every word to serving his own interests and ego. You can only look small and weak by letting him tear you down or recommend to your people a successor right in front of you.

Part of the Trump base fantasy is that American exceptionalism is real and absolute, and the thing is...he derives power almost solely through his base. When you allow these humiliations, it appears to that distorted worldview to be a confirmation of every fantasy they ever had.

Tyrants and weasels give Trump the optics he wants and the power he needs in return for the outcomes they desire. Real leaders should reject that unending need to make the president appear acceptable and accepted, because so long as you do that he doesn’t actually think he needs you for literally anything else.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 3:31 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

wease wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Proposal: a Trump/Merkel cage match. Jesse the Body Ventura and Bernie Sanders are the commentators.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 3:33 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

My phone was soooo confident that I meant Jesus the Body Ventura that maybe I’m the one who’s wrong.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 3:35 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I’m extremely happy that that is a top of page post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 597, 598, 599, 600, 601, 602, 603 ... 1306  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate